Who will Powell get for a coach now?

vol4life2

I think powell should take a hard look at the OC from clinton..can't Remeber his name but everything I have heard about him is fantastic.

I agree with you kidd...Rodney Ellison, I have met him a couple of times, seems to be of top notch character & knows his stuff....good things happen whereever he has been.

Brad Taylor former HC at Bearden would also be a top notch choice for this job.

Edited by endofbcs

This is a man who has got 5 jobs off the success he had at 1 job he had in another state.

Had a great couple of years at Lakeview-Fort Oglethorpe, in GA. Came to Bradley for one year, went 1-9, and almost bankrupted the program. Went to Silverdale a few years, then to Chattanooga Central, before resigning there and then taking the Powell job.

Allen would be a great AD for a school.  He left Chatt Central better than he found it.  I dont know what the problem was at Powell but he never put a child in danger at Chatt.  Allens biggest issue is total control.  Over everything.  And sometimes his emotions take over when he should think a little more.  For a coach to be successful at any program you have to do one of two things...Win...or be likeable.  Allen was neither at Powell so it seems.  Best of luck to him and the Powell program as they apparently part ways.

What comes around goes around, the way they did Rang then you got what you deserve. That comes from a Maryville fan here.

The Powell folks were very happy with Rang....His raw deal was dealt from downtown in Knox County Administration, and NO these kids in Powell did not deserve what they got. We do not have the luxury here in Knox County to have a Coach earn 6 figures+ for coaching. If we did your dynasty would wither on the vine.

The Powell folks were very happy with Rang....His raw deal was dealt from downtown in Knox County Administration, and NO these kids in Powell did not deserve what they got. We do not have the luxury here in Knox County to have a Coach earn 6 figures+ for coaching. If we did your dynasty would wither on the vine.

Spot on.
  • Upvote 1