Wk 9 - Nashville Christian 8-0 (#2-1A) @ East Nashville 8-0 (#3-3A)

kenmynattcpa

This is going to be a heck of a football game. Last year's game was the test NCS needed and gave them a ton of confidence that they could compete with anybody. This years NCS team needs that, especially just a few weeks from the playoffs. Win or lose, this is exactly they type of game that NCS needs. The Eagles defense is going to have to tackle well, get pressure on the QB, and get some stops. I think the NCS offense will be able to move the ball and score. If they can keep it close into the middle of the 4th. I like NCS getting the win.

Edited by NCSDad54

If NCS wins I promise UC will take notice. A lot have pencilled in UC to Cookeville but this game will speak volumes.

Umm. UC knows who NCS is. We always take every team serious. I'm pulling for NCS in this game. I want the best team to come to UC and play lights out for the chance to go to Cookeville. Hopefully we are fortunate enough to get to the Semis to make that happen. Good luck Eagles. Go Tornadoes

I haven't seen either team play but for what it's worth i'm just going to go by opponents records and point margin. Don't have any other option: Nashville Christian's (8-0) combined opponent's record is (14-51). With wins: vs. Class 3A Harpeth (4-4) 47-7, vs. DII-1A Ezell-Harding Academy (1-8) 51-10, @ Class 1A Erin (1-7) 48-0, @ DII-1A Davidson Academy (3-5) 52-32, vs. Class 1A Jo Byrns (3-5) 48-8, @ Class 3A Ashland City (0-8) 55-7, vs. Class 2A East Robertson County (1-7) 38-0, and @ Class 1A McEwen (1-7) 49-0. 

East Nashville Magnet School's (8-0) combined opponent's record is (18-48). With wins: vs. Class 5A Hillwood (0-8) 48-0, vs. Class 5A Glencliff (0-8) 36-0, @ Class 4A Whites Creek (0-9) 45-0, @ Class 3A Westmoreland (6-2) 38-0, @ Class 3A Stratford (1-7)  41-0, vs. DII-1A Ezell-Harding Academy (1-8) 56-0, vs. Class 4A Maplewood (4-4) 36-7, and at Vanderbilt Stadium (neutral site) beat Class 4A #5 Pearl-Cohn (6-2) 38-36. 

I feel like East Nashville is just a lot better than what a lot of the Class 1A fans think. Sure you beat them last year but that was last year and this team is pretty stacked top to bottom. I hope for no injuries to either team and i believe it would be great for a Class 1A team to shock the state but i just think East Nashville Magnet School is just too talented. I'll eat my crow burnt to a crisp if they do beat them.

Edited by PCsupporter4life
  • Upvote 1

East Nashville Magnet High School

This should be another good one. East Nashville is seeking revenge from last years game, and are even more confident after beating rival Pearl Cohn Friday. The referees won't decided this game like last years match up.

#EagleNation

That's a lot of words. We at NCS just referred to them last year as " Our 8th Victory".  :roflolk:

Good news! We've rounded up that same TSSAA  crew from last year's game so there should be some excellent officiating again this year.  :thumb:

Edited by kenmynattcpa

I've seen NCS teams off & on from afar since the mid 80's. This is by far the best they've been. I got a chance to watch their JV & jr high teams this year vs FC and let me tell you these guys are for real. GREAT coaches at all levels it appears and they really remind me a lot of where Friendship was when they left DI-2A. If they don't move to D2 and can ever get past UC (like FC had to do with TC)then they could be in Cookeville's several yrs upcoming. Games like East Lit will provide a semifinal like atmosphere and serve as a measuring stick too. Too bad they don't have another game of similar competition in their schedule to sharpen them for a playoff run. Good luck NCS!