Week 9: AC @ Halls

TomJoad

7-1 AC @ 3-5 Halls

Rankings provided by M A X P R E P S and have not been updated from Friday Nights results:

Rankings:

National:

AC – 1,021          Halls – 6,527

State:

AC – 37               Halls – 169

5A:

AC – 9                 Halls – 38

Power Rankings:

AC – 124.77

Halls – 93.67

Power Rankings formula: AC wins by 29

Points Scored (avg.)

AC: 322 (40)       Halls: 149 (19)

Points Allowed (avg.)

AC: 167 (21)       Halls: 281 (35)

Highest Points Scored:

AC: 64                 Halls: 47

Lowest Points Scored:

AC: 14                 Halls: 0

Highest Points Allowed:

AC: 50                 Halls: 45

Lowest Points Allowed:

AC: 0                   Halls: 14

Opponents Record:

AC: 29-37 (44%) Halls: 33-34 (49%)

Teams Played that have won 50% of their Games:

AC: 5     Halls: 5

Teams Beaten that have won 50% of their Games:

AC: 4     Halls: 0

AC and Halls have played 5 common opponents:

Vs. Gibbs:

AC won 35-14, Halls Lost 28-12

Result: AC+37

Vs. Campbell Co.:

AC won 35-14, Halls Lost 42-7

Result: AC+56

Vs. Karns:

AC won 64-28, Halls Won 47-35

Result: AC+ 24

Vs. Powell:

AC won 42-7, Halls Won 24-14

Result: AC+ 25

Vs. Central:

AC won 59-35, Halls lost 42-6

Result: AC+60

Overall Result vs. Common opponents: AC+202

The series between AC and Halls is tied at 10-10.  Last year AC defeated Halls by a score of 43-13.  AC is currently on a 7 game winning streak in the series and Coach Gillum is 5-0 vs. Halls since taking over at AC.  The average margin of victory under Coach Gillum in the series is 40-13.  Halls last won this matchup in 1998 by a score of 25-6.

Halls is coming off of a disappointing loss to Central by a score of 42-6 in a game that most of us thought would be a good one and that I thought Halls had a chance of pulling out.  AC is coming off of a much needed bye week to regroup after getting blown out by a very good Catholic team.  Hopefully the by week gave the Mavs a chance to regroup and get things back on track.  It looks like AC might have to go with another option at QB at least for the time being.  I think the Mavs come out focused after the loss and get things pointed back in the right direction.  I think Johnson could be a nice option at QB in the Maverick Offense.  It is known that AC is not a passing team this season and Johnson is a very capable runner and if the Mavs did not have Fox in the backfield then Johnson would more than likely be the feature back and would be putting up some good numbers so the Mavs in my opinion are still a dangerous team in the running game without having to really change anything in that reguard.  I would however like to see them get a passing game going or we are not going to be able to go very far in the playoffs being so one dimensional.  Look for a solid game from Johnson and Fox as the Mavs get it going again this week:

AC: 42

Halls: 7

Edited by Mav4life

7-1 AC @ 3-5 Halls

Rankings provided by M A X P R E P S and have not been updated from Friday Nights results:

Rankings:

National:

AC – 1,021 Halls – 6,527

State:

AC – 37 Halls – 169

5A:

AC – 9 Halls – 38

Power Rankings:

AC – 124.77

Halls – 93.67

Power Rankings formula: AC wins by 29

Points Scored (avg.)

AC: 322 (40) Halls: 149 (19)

Points Allowed (avg.)

AC: 167 (21) Halls: 281 (35)

Highest Points Scored:

AC: 64 Halls: 47

Lowest Points Scored:

AC: 14 Halls: 0

Highest Points Allowed:

AC: 50 Halls: 45

Lowest Points Allowed:

AC: 0 Halls: 14

Opponents Record:

AC: 29-37 (44%) Halls: 33-34 (49%)

Teams Played that have won 50% of their Games:

AC: 5 Halls: 5

Teams Beaten that have won 50% of their Games:

AC: 4 Halls: 0

AC and Halls have played 5 common opponents:

Vs. Gibbs:

AC won 35-14, Halls Lost 28-12

Result: AC+37

Vs. Campbell Co.:

AC won 35-14, Halls Lost 42-7

Result: AC+56

Vs. Karns:

AC won 64-28, Halls Won 47-35

Result: AC+ 24

Vs. Powell:

AC won 42-7, Halls Won 24-14

Result: AC+ 25

Vs. Central:

AC won 59-35, Halls lost 42-6

Result: AC+60

Overall Result vs. Common opponents: AC+202

The series between AC and Halls is tied at 10-10. Last year AC defeated Halls by a score of 43-13. AC is currently on a 7 game winning streak in the series and Coach Gillum is 5-0 vs. Halls since taking over at AC. The average margin of victory under Coach Gillum in the series is 40-13. Halls last won this matchup in 1998 by a score of 25-6.

Halls is coming off of a disappointing loss to Central by a score of 42-6 in a game that most of us thought would be a good one and that I thought Halls had a chance of pulling out. AC is coming off of a much needed bye week to regroup after getting blown out by a very good Catholic team. Hopefully the by week gave the Mavs a chance to regroup and get things back on track. It looks like AC might have to go with another option at QB at least for the time being. I think the Mavs come out focused after the loss and get things pointed back in the right direction. I think Johnson could be a nice option at QB in the Maverick Offense. It is known that AC is not a passing team this season and Johnson is a very capable runner and if the Mavs did not have Fox in the backfield then Johnson would more than likely be the feature back and would be putting up some good numbers so the Mavs in my opinion are still a dangerous team in the running game without having to really change anything in that reguard. I would however like to see them get a passing game going or we are not going to be able to go very far in the playoffs being so one dimensional. Look for a solid game from Johnson and Fox as the Mavs get it going again this week:

AC: 42

Halls: 7

Good stuff as always M4L. Love reading about the history of the series that you include in your analyses.

Dose of reality was the Devils 100% did not come to play Central may have put up 42 but, that had allot to do with the Devils laying down like the Devils of old, I think AC wins big as well they have a team of players that have been together a while and they are a pretty good football team. Halls was flat as it comes Friday and that number 10 who can make allot of players look bad made us even look worse. The one question I do ask though, a couple of the kids in the student section was talking about how the Central coach that teaches at Halls made all the football players that is in his class do leg workouts in wellness all week, seems a little fishy to me but, after the game I ask some of the players and they confirmed it that they were required to do one of the hardest leg workouts late in the week and the teacher does coach at Central, I guess he was a little worried , anyway my Devils have been getting better but still have a ways to go at least we are not 0 and 10 again this year.

If a team is conditioned properly, that leg workout didn't decide the game and shouldn't play much of a factor. What I do know is The Herd is hungry and ready to get back to winning. Last year, everyone should know...lose one, another steps up. Fox went down in the play offs and honestly, the play makers stepped right in leaving that null and void.

If a team is conditioned properly, that leg workout didn't decide the game and shouldn't play much of a factor. What I do know is The Herd is hungry and ready to get back to winning. Last year, everyone should know...lose one, another steps up. Fox went down in the play offs and honestly, the play makers stepped right in leaving that null and void.

In all honestly, with the makeup of our team this year we may not lose much with having to play Johnson at QB, don't take that the wrong way, Smith is a great player and you always lose something when your #1 QB goes down, but with the way this team is built we have a pretty strong backup to keep the offense going.  I guess I am saying that losing a QB at AC is not like losing one at CC or Clinton, if one of those 2 went down they would be in a lot of trouble, but with AC being a 90% running team in an Option type offense we may not take a big step back with having to put a great runner at QB in Johnson.  He is probably the smartest kid on the team and played QB a lot in the past.  With his competiveness and running ability I think the run game might be fine, its the passing game that worries me a little, but Johnson might be just as effective as what we have had in that area as well...its just the way they are built this year

Foxman43, never said it decided the game said it was fishy, I bet if you went to your HC and ask for the team to do a massive leg workout a day before a game his reply would be much as most , NO, missing my point regardless if the leg workout had any effect you still have a teacher that coaches at a district rival and he is working the kids out, shouldn't be allowed at Halls or anywhere, I am sure we will be mercy ruled Friday night AC just to fast, big and strong.

Hog get over your self, if you think its fine for your fireworks to malfunction and spray sparks and shells all over a team then more power to your stupidity,  as bigdaddy says , you are a p_ _ _ _  of _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ....

Foxman43, never said it decided the game said it was fishy, I bet if you went to your HC and ask for the team to do a massive leg workout a day before a game his reply would be much as most , NO, missing my point regardless if the leg workout had any effect you still have a teacher that coaches at a district rival and he is working the kids out, shouldn't be allowed at Halls or anywhere, I am sure we will be mercy ruled Friday night AC just to fast, big and strong.

Hog get over your self, if you think its fine for your fireworks to malfunction and spray sparks and shells all over a team then more power to your stupidity,  as bigdaddy says , you are a p_ _ _ _  of _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ....

lol.lol. now I hope they put a 100 on you lol.lol. CC will remember you all cried too tsaa about it..good luck at the bottom as usual. .love always hog.

First off Hog Halls didn't contact TSSAA, the official that was hit by one of the fireworks did and Halls was contacted about the issue, also I think AC has enough COMMON sense to fire their fireworks away from the opposing teams sideline, like out of the end zone not directly 15 feet behind the visitors sideline, stupid is stupid does, have a bit of common sense and move yours to the end zone and maybe you won't be putting teenage boys or adults for that matter in the line of fire, so you know co champ I don't expect the game to be much of one with AC we are trying to rebuild a program that has one state championship and a runner up trophy which is way more then CC has to claim other then your co district championship, maybe we could go back and claim co state champs, yea that's what we will do...

Edited by RedD

First off Hog Halls didn't contact TSSAA, the official that was hit by one of the fireworks did and Halls was contacted about the issue, also I think AC has enough COMMON sense to fire their fireworks away from the opposing teams sideline, like out of the end zone not directly 15 feet behind the visitors sideline, stupid is stupid does, have a bit of common sense and move yours to the end zone and maybe you won't be putting teenage boys or adults for that matter in the line of fire, so you know co champ I don't expect the game to be much of one with AC we are trying to rebuild a program that has one state championship and a runner up trophy which is way more then CC has to claim other then your co district championship, maybe we could go back and claim co state champs, yea that's what we will do...

lol.lol how many years does it take to build a program lol.lol. well you got me on that one state champs..I guess it is hard on you look at a shadow of a great program and remember what was and will never be again....lol...you all are like a old fat housewife who thinks she still the head cheerleader back in the day thinking one day she is going get back on top of that pyramid. And no one has the heart to tell her she is 250 pounder and her time has past...but hey don't let me stop you from dreaming of the past state champ.