2A #1 ranked TCA vs top ranked Divsion 2A ECS

Intense

This will be a barnburner. ECS will easily be the best team TCA has faced all year. ECS will have the better line but TCA will have the best skilled players. ECS Is strong, disciplined, intelligent and just real good! They thumped us pretty good last year but we are better this year and are healing up. Game is at TCA which will help. ECS hasn't seen an offense like TCA this year but TCA hasn't seen a defense like ECS either. It will come down to turnovers which it always does when 2 top teams play. TCA by a FG!!

Edited by TCAIntense

I have watched several tapes on ECS today.  They are clearly the best team that TCA will face during the regular season in my opinion.  Size, speed, and discipline are a dangerous trio and ECS has all three.  Their main running threat is #20 Drew Croegaert.  He is a 5'9 180 # junior.  While JCM had the most speed we well see all season, #20 may be the most skilled running back we see all season.  #45 Nathan McMeans is also a nice looking back who will get his share of carries as well.  From the QB position, ECS appears that they will employ 3 different players in that position.  The bulk of the snaps should be taken by #18 Keegan Westbrook.  He has good size and appears to make really good decisions.  #3 Riley Watkins will also take snaps.  He is smaller guy with good wheels and an accurate throwing arm.  When ECS gets into very short yardage or goal line situations, they will employ #4 Christian Lewis at QB.  He appears adept at running the option and is a powerful kid who sees most of his time at DB.

What most impresses me about this ECS team is the offensive and defensive lines.  They simply have the ability to take over a game.  They may make their skill players look even better than they are because they do such a good job themselves controlling the line of scrimmage.  

The defense is also most impressive.  Big up front and a good quick group of LB and DB that can flat out do the job.  This will be a supreme test of Akin's ability to read defenses and react to them.  His line of scrimmage check offs could be the difference in this game as Akin is like a coach on the field himself.  

Should be a great game that will have some playoff implications as far as seeding goes.  

Edited by ReitzFan

Is this going to be streamed anywhere? Would love to catch this game.

As far as a prediction, ECS is a touch match up for Trinity.

TCA's lines are disciplined and skilled but quite frankly just don't have the beef, explosiveness or depth. That said, I thought USJ would be able to exploit TCA's lines, but on offense your skill players just execute so fast that it didn't matter. Was thoroughly impressed.

However, therein lies another problem, ECS can cover your receivers and RBs and will hit them hard after the catch. Key for TCA is getting the ball out quick before ECS has time to get after the QB. 

TCA's best chance is to burn a lot of clock with quick, short passes and methodical drives. If this game turns into a shootout it could get out of hand since ECS will be better able to stop TCA than vice versa.

I'll take ECS by 10 points. Wouldn't surprise me if they go up big early then TCA claws back and makes it a game late. Could also be one of those good game for three-and-a-half quarters with ECS pulling ahead at the end.

Would love to see the Lions join DII-A. 

Is this going to be streamed anywhere? Would love to catch this game.

As far as a prediction, ECS is a touch match up for Trinity.

TCA's lines are disciplined and skilled but quite frankly just don't have the beef, explosiveness or depth. That said, I thought USJ would be able to exploit TCA's lines, but on offense your skill players just execute so fast that it didn't matter. Was thoroughly impressed.

However, therein lies another problem, ECS can cover your receivers and RBs and will hit them hard after the catch. Key for TCA is getting the ball out quick before ECS has time to get after the QB.

TCA's best chance is to burn a lot of clock with quick, short passes and methodical drives. If this game turns into a shootout it could get out of hand since ECS will be better able to stop TCA than vice versa.

I'll take ECS by 10 points. Wouldn't surprise me if they go up big early then TCA claws back and makes it a game late. Could also be one of those good game for three-and-a-half quarters with ECS pulling ahead at the end.

Would love to see the Lions join DII-A.

Great assessment. I agree with 95% of what you said. I don't think they can consistently cover our receivers and consistently stop our backs. They didn't last year. We hit them early for two big plays with our skill players that led to TD's. The problem with last year was a fumble early on a drive that killed the drive deep in their territory and an INT. I realize those things happen but if we had taken care of the ball early we would have stayed in the game. ECS will most likely win D2A or will be runnerup(Webb) and is no doubt an awesome team. As you said, line play is their dominant strength over TCA. Nobody in Division 1 2A would have beaten them last year.

ECS would have won Division 1 AA last year hands down. They were the best team TCA played last year and it wasn't even close! They will easily be the best team we face this year. As I have watched more film on them it's very apparent that they are loaded again. If TCA beats ECS they should be confident enough to beat anyone in 2A.