1A Playoff quads west tn?

CENTRALTIGERFAN

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dresden will not get the bye unless they beat Huntingdon. Bruceton will get bye if they win out. Lake Co., Dresden, So.Futon and Humboldt will fight it out for seeds 3 thru 6. Union City is the one seed.

I am really unsure who will be the 2 seed with the bye. District record Dresden beat Bruceton and they will have 1 more district win than bruceton even with a loss to huntingdon.  Bruceton will have a over all better record over Dresden. I was still thinking Dresden would be 2 seed with a bye, but I really have no idea. The playoff format I can't figure out anymore.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Possibly Humbolt would get #2 seed, wouldn't they? Looking at rankings and games left, no 1A team will come out of districts #15 & #16, so it's just #13 & #14 teams to fill Quad, with two teams outta 13 (Dresden & Bruceton), four from 14 (UC, Humbolt, Lake Co, & S.Fulton). Dresden just has to beat the Mustangs and that would settle who #2. If not, I think it's gonna be Humbolt.

Hardest games left that have biggest ramifications on where they're seeded is Lake Co, who could be anywhere from #3 to #6, if my prognostications are right. (Don't bet on that though!). Dresden will be #2 or #3 imo, which will be bottom half of Quad anyways.

The way it works, the #1, 5, & 6 teams are on top, then #2, 3, & 4 teams on bottom of bracket, right? If that's so, looking at brackets, games left, & the possible seeding (@ http://football.tssaa.org/reports/regionalstandings.cfm ) it's in realm of possibilities that when dust settles UC & Lake Co. will be battling it out for a trip to the final four (making the safe assumption of UC winning it's games, and Cinderella assumption LC wins out until then). That'd be sumin!

Edited by hevyrevy1611

Possibly Humbolt would get #2 seed, wouldn't they? Looking at rankings and games left, no 1A team will come out of districts #15 & #16, so it's just #13 & #14 teams to fill Quad, with two teams outta 13 (Dresden & Bruceton), four from 14 (UC, Humbolt, Lake Co, & S.Fulton). Dresden just has to beat the Mustangs and that would settle who #2. If not, I think it's gonna be Humbolt. Hardest games left that have biggest ramifications on where they're seeded is Lake Co, could be anywhere from #3 to #6, if my prognostications are right. (Don't bet on that though!). Dresden will be #2 or #3, which will be bottom half of Quad anyways. The way it works, the #1, 5, & 6 teams are on top, then #2, 3, & 4 teams on bottom of bracket, right? If that's so, looking at brackets, games left, & the possible seeding, it's in realm of possibilities that when dust settles UC & Lake Co. will be battling it out for a trip to the final four (making the safe assumption of UC winning it's games, and Cinderella assumption LC wins out until then). That'd be sumin!

You should have broken that up into about five different post! That's confusing

Possibly Humbolt would get #2 seed, wouldn't they? Looking at rankings and games left, no 1A team will come out of districts #15 & #16, so it's just #13 & #14 teams to fill Quad, with two teams outta 13 (Dresden & Bruceton), four from 14 (UC, Humbolt, Lake Co, & S.Fulton). Dresden just has to beat the Mustangs and that would settle who #2. If not, I think it's gonna be Humbolt.

Hardest games left that have biggest ramifications on where they're seeded is Lake Co, who could be anywhere from #3 to #6, if my prognostications are right. (Don't bet on that though!). Dresden will be #2 or #3 imo, which will be bottom half of Quad anyways.

The way it works, the #1, 5, & 6 teams are on top, then #2, 3, & 4 teams on bottom of bracket, right? If that's so, looking at brackets, games left, & the possible seeding (@ http://football.tssaa.org/reports/regionalstandings.cfm ) it's in realm of possibilities that when dust settles UC & Lake Co. will be battling it out for a trip to the final four (making the safe assumption of UC winning it's games, and Cinderella assumption LC wins out until then). That'd be sumin!

Heavy,

Playoff bracket would be as follows

#1 gets bye and hosts winner of #5 at #4.  #2 gets bye and hosts winner of #6 at #3.

#1 does not play 5 v6 nor does #2 play 3v4

Guest hevyrevy1611

Heavy,

#1 gets bye and hosts winner of #5 at #4. #2 gets bye and hosts winner of #6 at #3.

THANK YOU!!! I was thinking wrong... again! Ha! I just know we all want to get in that bottom bracket so we don't have to face UC until we have to. (Assuming they win). Though I hope it's our Lions being there, it still could be a UC vs LC final for our Quad. Anything is possible as this past week showed! THANKS again!

Guest hevyrevy1611

Heavy,

#1 gets bye and hosts winner of #5 at #4. #2 gets bye and hosts winner of #6 at #3.

Plus Reitz, in 1A neither of the District 15 or 16 teams will be in, there's only one 1A school in each district, both of which are cellar dwellers against the 2A teams they face. So this W.TN quad will be filled with six teams from two districts, #13 & #14. That one of quirks of the playoff system we now got, and will not have anymore. District 14 has better teams with better records in 1A, so don't know who falls out where, but looking at that link on TSSAA it should be two teams from 13, four from 14 I'm thinking. Man I just hope we beat Huntingdon and get #2 seed. These last two district games LC has will dictate everyone elses seeding from #3-#6 when you look at standings. The smallest numbered team with fewest players on squad will be having the biggest impact at end of year for playoff spots.. how ironically fitting! Yes, I get over analytical when it comes bracket time! I need to just sit back and let it unfold and enjoy the process. Go Lions! :D Edited by hevyrevy1611