Week 10- Dresden @ Huntingdon

Guest hevyrevy1611

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Guess this is the spot where rang earns his stripes. Only thing the hodges couldn't do was win state or beat them nasty horses. This would be the first surprise win of the year. Go lions! Get it done. Listen to your coach. Ignore the end of season fatigue. Kick booty! Buy in! Woohoo. Can't wait for this game

Wow. Guess this is the spot where rang earns his stripes. Only thing the hodges couldn't do was win state or beat them nasty horses. This would be the first surprise win of the year. Go lions! Get it done. Listen to your coach. Ignore the end of season fatigue. Kick booty! Buy in! Woohoo. Can't wait for this game

Accurate post, but there is a difference between a Coach who teaches discipline and those that don't. In the years of Dresden's "smash mouthed" era and that's being real kind today, they lacked discipline and they made more headlines for their antics instead of their play. I'm not saying Rang will ever win State but if he stays in Dresden for the next 3 or 4 years--his W/L record will be better against Huntingdon, because he's better at teaching the game. From an outsider's point of view, Rang has already "earned his stripes" by doing what he has with what he's got to work with. When you treat it like a business, instead of a frat brawl---things generally are more boring, but the result is typically better.

I'm a statistics kind of person myself and until a Dresden team matches what the past teams have done I won't be sold. We all knew this year would be tough and I figured 4 or 5 wins. Coach Rang has this team improving and playing good football right now and that's what is needed this time of year. This team has tons of young talent that could be special in years to come. Beating Huntington at home could really help the lions make a short run in the playoffs. Everyone who goes to UC will end their playoff run there.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Great show yesterday with some very good interviews. Dresden Head Coach Derrick Rang discussed this game with me yesterday. Click the link below to hear the free broadcast. Coach Rang joined me at the 15 minute mark of the podcast.

Friday Main Event 10-24-2014

Informative show! You're a good interviewer Free Agent, even asking tough questions, personal ones, and a broad range of topics. Of course my unbiased opinion is Coach Rang of Dresden was the best one out of all of them. Maybe even put that in some type of Hall of Fame of radio interviews! :) Can't wait to hear your interview after Dresden has a great playoff run this year and wins games most folk thought they never could. Let's do it Lions! Surprise the world... go beat Huntingdon & get #2 seed, then keep on winning!

Informative show! You're a good interviewer Free Agent, even asking tough questions, personal ones, and a broad range of topics. Of course my unbiased opinion is Coach Rang of Dresden was the best one out of all of them. Maybe even put that in some type of Hall of Fame of radio interviews! :) Can't wait to hear your interview after Dresden has a great playoff run this year and wins games most folk thought they never could. Let's do it Lions! Surprise the world... go beat Huntingdon & get #2 seed, then keep on winning!

Hevy under normal circumstances I would be pulling for the Lions in this game but I am afraid that I must pull for the mustangs. LC needs the 3 seed and will get it with a win and a Dresden lose. If the lions lose that would make them a four seed and a win gives them a two seed.

Dresden looked like a different team against uc. They definitely improved. Not going to get into the frat brawl comment unless I was face to face. But If rang is there for 4 years I will be happy for the team. If not.... Should be fun watching next hiring process.

No offense about the "frat brawl" reference, I actually took that from one of the current assistants who talked about the mindset that used to be. Nothing wrong with a fraternity.....of men, not boys.