6A Playoff bracket question

rchman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Ravenwood supporter, I actually hope to be placed in quad 2. Even though it is harder, if the Raptors made it through to the Semi's the game would be at home vs Maryville, not an away game in Memphis. Plus, Blackman and Oakland is better preparation for the Red Rebels than Whitehaven is.

I disagree, if Ravenwood goes to quad 2 they could potential have to play Oakland, Blackman then Maryville.  Love my Raptors but they would be very lucky to win one of those, no way they can win three in a row.  If in quad 3 they could play themselves into only having to beat one of them in the state championship, much greater odds though still unlikely.  The link below shows what would the brackets would be in held today but that could likely change since Blackman will have to beat Hoover, AL to remain the #1 seed in quad 3. My question is, why would Hendersonville be #1 in quad 3 when Ravenwood has a higher rating and they both belong in quad 3??

http://www.dnj.com/story/sports/high-school/kreagerscorner/2014/10/20/kreager-blog-6a-playoffs/17605931/

As a Ravenwood supporter, I actually hope to be placed in quad 2. Even though it is harder, if the Raptors made it through to the Semi's the game would be at home vs Maryville, not an away game in Memphis. Plus, Blackman and Oakland is better preparation for the Red Rebels than Whitehaven is.

As a Whitehaven supporter, I can't wait to make you eat these words...

I have no idea, I don't know much about Ravenwood but from his confidence you'd think they'd have a couple of gold or silver balls or at least a consistent contender. Who is Ravenwood?

They're in Brentwood. Won a gold ball in 5a in 2005. They're having a good year this year and have a chance to go deep. But I wouldn't chalk up wins against whitehaven or oakland if I was them

They're in Brentwood. Won a gold ball in 5a in 2005. They're having a good year this year and have a chance to go deep. But I wouldn't chalk up wins against whitehaven or oakland if I was them

Ravenwood has a very good defense, a WR who is a Georgia commit and a QB that can get him the ball.  Special teams are solid and they also have a respectable run game.  Not sure they are Blackman or Oakland good but they have the capabilities to make some noise in the playoffs.