Heard from Maryville or Alcoa, TSSAA?

FridayMainEvent

I heard a rumor that Maryville is dropping the Govs next year so they can play fulton. Any truth to that maryville fans?

Not sure about dropping WB but you are correct about the scheduling of Fulton. Both schools tried to schedule this year but the open dates would not work. It would have required Maryville dropping Alcoa (never going to happen) or a district game that could not happen. 

I heard a rumor that Maryville is dropping the Govs next year so they can play fulton. Any truth to that maryville fans?

Why would Maryville play a team that poses no challenge and personally attacks our head coach because he teaches us to not bow down (take a knee).  WB never brings a crowd any more.

What Benard and the TSSAA should have done is offered the D2 schools the opportunity to play in the 32 team division for football and called it the Open Division. Very few including Maryville would want to play Brentwood Academy, McCallie, Ensworth, Memphis University School, etc... every week.  The crying would have started immediately with schools wanting out of the Open Division.

People may or may not like Benard but one thing that he has done is get the TSSAA back on a more sound financial footing.  The TSSAA was broke/busted/insolvent when Benard took over the association and while they are not flush with cash they are moving in the right direction.

Edited by cbg

Not sure about dropping WB but you are correct about the scheduling of Fulton. Both schools tried to schedule this year but the open dates would not work. It would have required Maryville dropping Alcoa (never going to happen) or a district game that could not happen.

Maryville Fulton is a game a lot of people want to see. Good test for both schools. Really hope maryville keeps on the.schedule tho

I hope it's fact instead of rumor

You got a lot of hate going lately 87. Rooting for Farragut on another thread and now wanting to avoid the Govs next year. We are sorry your visit to our lovely abode Friday night left you in a bad mood. Oh by the way, I told you many weeks ago Maryville would stay down in 5A

You got a lot of hate going lately 87. Rooting for Farragut on another thread and now wanting to avoid the Govs next year. We are sorry your visit to our lovely abode Friday night left you in a bad mood. Oh by the way, I told you many weeks ago Maryville would stay down in 5A

No hate 85. I had a wonderful time Friday night and Monday as well. And I said go Farragut because 91 said I was dead to him.