2014 Mr. Football Balloting/Recommendations

CoachT

Guest hevyrevy1611

One of smallest schools has a bigtime running back gaining massive stats. Stevonski Wilkes for Lake County needs consideration. Don't have stats but I think its several hundred yards in quit a few games, setting records over there. Just because they're small numbered in a "small market" shouldn't be a reason to overlook him. Guy is freakishly good (we played them in preseason scrimmage, might play them in playoffs too!). I Hope I spelled his name right.

Tonight, TCA quarterback Kyle Akin threw for 5 touchdowns and unofficially over 450 yards for the Lions against one of Divsion 2's better teams in ECS.  He unofficially moves into second place on the TSSAA all time passing yardage list with over 10500 yards.  He is closing fast on the all time record.  He also has a legit shot at the touchdown passing record as well.  

Got to go with Ricky Henry as well .He is a beast and is on a great team and has sat out early in games as Union City has blown out most teams.Very deserving.But at least for considereration or mentioned would have to be Wilkes from Lake Co if nothing more for next years Mr Football.Just like last year, Henry could have maybe have won and if not for Henry , Wilkes could be in the err unning this year.Wilkes is explosive and has power.Had about 300 yards against mckenzie, broke the school record in a game against Humbolt with close to 350 yards and had over 200 yards at the half last last against South Fulton.He had a 94 yard touchdown and another around 60 yards and had another touchdown for around 50 yards called back for holding.I believe he had around 300 yards last night and if not for penalties would have easily been over 300 yards again.I would think he is arond 1700 yards on the season or close.The best two backs are in the same district

Edited by mrbigster

I have already submitted my votes for this year's prospective candidates, but I can't vote for my own players, so I am hoping that you can take a look at one of my exceptional young men who plays with absolute determination and tenacity on every play and I respectfully request your consideration. He's overcome a lot since last year (he broke his ankle and was on pace for a 1,000 yard season as a Sophomore). 

Whitwell High School

Jr. #7-Cody Ingrassia-5'6"-140lbs.

2014 Regular Season Totals

110 Carries  1,018 Yards  9.25 Per Carry  14 Rushing TD's and 7 2-Point Conversions for a Season Total of 98 Points.

He's done this, in an offense wherein there are three other players who've gained over 500 yards rushing (McHone-725, Tate-636, and Sartin-559). It's also an offense that rushes the ball on 88.8% of it's plays and opponents know it. The last four games of the season, he was pulled from the lineup twice at the end of the 2nd Quarter and twice in the first couple of minutes of the 3rd Quarter due to the score. Otherwise, he could've easily had over 1,500 yards rushing, but we do not consider that an honorable way to do business.

He also starts on Defense, and returns Punts and Kickoffs. 

If you've seen him play, you know he is unafraid of anybody. He will hit you. He is also a "yes sir", "no sir" young man!

Any consideration you can give him is very much appreciated.

Very Respectfully,

R.C. Helton

Edited by CoachRCHelton

I have already submitted my votes for this year's prospective candidates, but I can't vote for my own players, so I am hoping that you can take a look at one of my exceptional young men who plays with absolute determination and tenacity on every play and I respectfully request your consideration. He's overcome a lot since last year (he broke his ankle and was on pace for a 1,000 yard season as a Sophomore). 

Whitwell High School

Jr. #7-Cody Ingrassia-5'6"-140lbs.

2014 Regular Season Totals

110 Carries  1,018 Yards  9.25 Per Carry  13 Rushing TD's and 7 2-Point Conversions for a Season Total of 92 Points.

He's done this, in an offense wherein there are three other players who've gained over 500 yards rushing (McHone-725, Tate-636, and Sartin-559). It's also an offense that rushes the ball on 88.8% of it's plays and opponents know it. The last four games of the season, he was pulled from the lineup twice at the end of the 2nd Quarter and twice in the first couple of minutes of the 3rd Quarter due to the score. Otherwise, he could've easily had over 1,500 yards rushing, but we do not consider that an honorable way to do business.

He also starts on Defense, and returns Punts and Kickoffs. 

If you've seen him play, you know he is unafraid of anybody. He will hit you. He is also a "yes sir", "no sir" young man!

Any consideration you can give him is very much appreciated.

Very Respectfully,

R.C. Helton

This kid is a player. You guys have a good rushing attack. I heard about McHone last night, hate to hear that. Good luck in the playoffs.