SOR comes to Rockwood

wpasi

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we're not in the same league as the Webbs/other big privates you want us to align with. Maybe one day, but not yet.

Webb,Catholic and CAK all were in our district not too may yrs ago.None of them found winning as easy as GCA and they had some VERY VERY good coaching staffs.Just a facts not wanting to start an arguement.Good day Gentlemen and wish all stay safe!

Agree, all these things help make our average athletes better. Helps us tremendously. All these and the fact that we have better coaching staffs(IMO) is why I think we do as well as we do. I don't say "average" athletes negatively. But send me the list of past GCA players who have moved on to play in college. It's not a long list. I don't think we "out-talent" very many teams at all in our district. Greenback had 2-3 running backs that were as good/better than any we have. In response to your admissions comment; I would be absolutely and utterly shocked if your concern was founded. I think we only want to grow our enrollment, not restrict it.

I agree with the admissions part & GCA for now but if that day were to come it's an option publics don't have. Again mine was a statement regarding options a private school has over a public. Was not meant toward any school in particular.

I also agree with the average athlete statement you made. I don't necessarily see a tremendous amount of super talented athletes on the field at Grace Christian. However as you pointed out sometimes average athletes can be elevated to a higher talent level one certain advantages are in place such as extra coaching time that does not interfere with actual practice field time. Overall I'm not trying to say all private schools are cheating or doing illegal or immoral things to elevate their athletic status. I am saying however that the possibility is there for all private schools to do if they wish to do so. That coupled with The advantages that we have listed and seem to agree are definitely advantages seem to make apples and oranges instead of apples and apples. At least in my opinion.

Edited by crow