Playing Up

footballfan24

How will the split up Middle Tenn. Teams?

To keep schools in the same county together, they could do this.

Cookeville, Lebanon, Wilson Central, Mt. Juliet, McGavock, Antioch, Overton and Warren County

and

Oakland, Blackman, Riverdale, Siegel, Smyrna, Ravenwood, Franklin, and Coffee County

Sucks to be Coffee County. I'm sure Warren County would agree to that.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In thinking about how these regions will look statewide, the first question I have is which class will Lipscomb be in. The TSSAA's breakdown at the top of this thread has Lipscomb moving to 4A, but they were number 37 in 4A already (multiplier-adjusted enrollment of 916.2). So is the inaccuracy that Lipscomb is moving at all or should it be that Lipscomb has chosen to play in 5A?

*With clarification coming from another thread, Lipscomb will be 4A. Its inclusion among schools moving up is because the multiplier created a 2-class jump (without the multiplier Lipscomb would be 2A).

Edited by ErikG

How will they divide 5A??? I think this maybe:

Region 1

Tenn High

Cocke Co

Davy Crockett

Daniel Boone

Morris. East

Morris. West

Sevier Co

Region 2 & 3 -> Crap shoot

Camp. Co

Oak Ridge

Powell

Halls

Gibbs

Clinton

Karnes

Knox West

Farragut could go 2 or 3

South-doyle

Rhea Co

Lenoir City

Heritage

Walker Valley

Cleveland

McMinn Co

Ooltewah

Soddy-Daisy

What do y'all think??? Don't really give a crap about the rest.

Depends on how you look at it. A team wants to continue in a class evidently that the coach feels will be good for the team. As far as the games that Maryville has played against Rutherford County teams they have all been very competitive games except for 2011 with Riverdale. To win against Maryville is just gonna take a little more something. Not sure that makes Rutherford County losers. Welcome any and all competitors to our class as far as I know.

I've done a break down for 5A. I took into account geography, where they currently are and playoff connections. I can be way off because I'm not really in the know but here goes:

Daniel Boone

David Crockett

Tn High

Morristown W

Morristown E

South Doyle

Cocke Co.

Sevier Co.

Oak Ridge

Powell

Campbell Co.

Halls

Karns

Clinton

Gibbs

Rhea Co.

West

Lenoir City

Farragut

Heritage

Walker Valley

Mc Minn Co.

Ooltewah

Cleveland

Soddy Daisy

Franklin Co.

Lincoln Co.

Shelbyville

Columbia

White Co.

Stewarts Creek

Lavergne

Hendersonville

Beech

Station Camp

Gallatin

Glencliff

Hunters Lane

Independence

Centenial

Brentwood

Summitt

Hillsboro

Cane Ridge

Henry Co.

Dickson Co.

Clarksville

West Creek

Northeast

Rossview

Brighton

Munford

Kirby

Bolton

Woodale

Southwind

Overton

Central

My attempt.

If I were trying to project 5A statewide, I would only disagree with Regions 2 and 3 above. I would also tend to think that the schools under Region 6 would actually be Region 7, and vice versa.

I thought about a 2-3 swap but 4 would be closer to 3. 7 has Henry County which is closer to the Memphis schools.