Clinton (3AAA)       *chose to move up after landing in 4A

Oak Ridge (3AAA)

Gibbs (3AAA)         *chose to move up after landing in 4A

Halls (3AAA)

Powell (3AAA)

Karns (3AAA)

West (4AAA)

Heritage (4AAA)    

*(TSSAA could allow HHS to choose whether it prefers Region 2 or Region 3)

Region 3  (current district)

Farragut (4AAA)

Lenoir City (4AAA)

McMinn County (5AAA)

Walker Valley (5AAA)

Cleveland (5AAA)

Ooltewah (5AAA)

Soddy-Daisy (5AAA)

Rhea County (6AAA)

Edited by ErikG

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Region 1  (current district)

Tennessee High (1AAA)

Daniel Boone (1AAA)

David Crockett (1AAA)

Morristown East (2AAA)

Morristown West (2AAA)

Cocke County (2AAA)

Sevier County (2AAA)

South-Doyle (2AAA)

Region 2  (current district)

Campbell County (3AAA)

Clinton (3AAA)       *chose to move up after landing in 4A

Oak Ridge (3AAA)

Gibbs (3AAA)         *chose to move up after landing in 4A

Halls (3AAA)

Powell (3AAA)

Karns (3AAA)

West (4AAA)

Heritage (4AAA)

Region 3  (current district)

Farragut (4AAA)

Lenoir City (4AAA)

McMinn County (5AAA)

Walker Valley (5AAA)

Cleveland (5AAA)

Ooltewah (5AAA)

Soddy-Daisy (5AAA)

Rhea County (6AAA)

IS THIS THE TRUTH OR A GUESS??

I think you are going to be looking at 4 regions from the east and 4 from Middle to West. Approximately 7 teams per region.

If that were to occur, with 4 regions in East TN, I'd guess -- and, yes, these are just best guesses -- that it would break down like this:

Region 1  (current district)

Tennessee High  (1AAA)

Daniel Boone  (1AAA)

David Crockett  (1AAA)

Morristown East  (2AAA)

Morristown West  (2AAA)

Cocke County  (2AAA)

Region 2 or 3  (current district)

Sevier County  (2AAA)

South-Doyle  (2AAA)

Heritage  (4AAA)

West  (4AAA)

Farragut  (4AAA)

Lenoir City  (4AAA)

Region 3 or 2  (current district)

Campbell County  (3AAA)

Clinton  (3AAA)

Oak Ridge  (3AAA)

Gibbs  (3AAA)

Halls  (3AAA)

Powell  (3AAA)

Karns  (3AAA)

Region 4  (current district)

McMinn County  (5AAA)

Walker Valley  (5AAA)

Cleveland  (5AAA)

Ooltewah  (5AAA)

Soddy-Daisy  (5AAA)

Rhea County  (6AAA)

Edited by ErikG

If that were to occur, with 4 regions in East TN, I'd guess -- and, yes, these are just best guesses -- that it would break down like this:

Region 1 (current district)

Tennessee High (1AAA)

Daniel Boone (1AAA)

David Crockett (1AAA)

Morristown East (2AAA)

Morristown West (2AAA)

Cocke County (2AAA)

Region 2 or 3 (current district)

Sevier County (2AAA)

South-Doyle (2AAA)

Heritage (4AAA)

West (4AAA)

Farragut (4AAA)

Lenoir City (4AAA)

Region 3 or 2 (current district)

Campbell County (3AAA)

Clinton (3AAA)

Oak Ridge (3AAA)

Gibbs (3AAA)

Halls (3AAA)

Powell (3AAA)

Karns (3AAA)

Region 4 (current district)

McMinn County (5AAA)

Walker Valley (5AAA)

Cleveland (5AAA)

Ooltewah (5AAA)

Soddy-Daisy (5AAA)

Rhea County (6AAA)

I only say that because 8 districts would put 32 teams in the playoffs. With T$$AA who knows what they will do but it just seems it would be the easiest.

I only say that because 8 districts would put 32 teams in the playoffs. With T$$AA who knows what they will do but it just seems it would be the easiest.

Yeah, no doubt that there will be 8 regions.

So the question is, with 25 schools in both East and Middle TN, which of those Grand Divisions will have 3 regions and which will have 4 regions (the Memphis area will have the 8th region, which will consist of 8 schools)? I tend to think East TN will have the 3 regions as reflected at the top of this thread.

Another potential factor is Lipscomb Academy. As I posted elsewhere in the "playing up" thread, the TSSAA is showing on its site that Lipscomb has elected to move up to 4A, but they were number 37 in 4A already (multiplier-adjusted enrollment of 916.2). So is the inaccuracy that Lipscomb is moving at all or should it be that Lipscomb has chosen to play in 5A? A 26th 5A team in Middle TN would make it even more likely, in my opinion, that East TN would have 3 regions and Middle TN would have 4.  

Edited by ErikG

The deal is this: Lipscomb Academy is in the 4A range post-multiplier, yes. But their un-multiplied enrollment of 509 is in the 2A range (Brainerd at 593 is the largest 2A school). Therefore, by the one-class-limit rule, their initial assignment would be 3A. Thus, moving up to 4A is a real move up, and the only error was omitting the * in the spreadsheet.

The deal is this: Lipscomb Academy is in the 4A range post-multiplier, yes. But their un-multiplied enrollment of 509 is in the 2A range (Brainerd at 593 is the largest 2A school). Therefore, by the one-class-limit rule, their initial assignment would be 3A. Thus, moving up to 4A is a real move up, and the only error was omitting the * in the spreadsheet.

Good to know. Thanks for the clarification.

My guess is that Middle Tennessee will get the 4 regions, probably including Rhea County in a plateau league. But also possible would be to combine the Chattanooga area with the south-central area (Franklin County, Lincoln County, and possibly Columbia). Bottom line, I'm going to have to map this.

Thinking about potential traffic snares, if it were me I'd avoid having teams weekly travelling back and forth through Chattanooga. And considering travel safety and travel time (and different time zones) I'd not place White County with the Chattanooga-area schools (including Rhea) but maybe with the current District 7 and District 8 schools.

Edited by ErikG