Fairview @ Waverly

FBHIGHWAY

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think waverly wins but it will be close both teams seem to be able to score a lot of points this year. When zim is healthy fairview has been very good. As a supporter of this team I am so proud of these boys and the coaching staff. No one thought waverly would be in this situation at the first of the year.

This will be a good battle Fairview played Page and is close to the same style team Wavo has. I think Page is more athletic than Wavo. Fairview is very inconsistent this year but I think they are playing as well as they can. Waverly has made great strides in the correct direction this year. Idont think they played tough teams to start the season. Fairview will have to run the ball good to win and play physical against the passing game. Wavo will have to make big passes to win and shut down the running game. I pick Fairview in a close ball game. Low scoring will be in Fairviews favor. Good luck to both teams this will be a good one to be at. I will see you there.

Both good teams best 2 QBs in the district. If Zimmerman was Waverlys QB CPA would have problems out scoring them. I am a Camden fan and obviously have to root for Fairveiw but my head tells me Waverly by a couple of scores..

Zimmerman has the ability to be a one man show and if Waverlys pass defense isnt up to snuff a shoot out that will make the Lewis game look like a defensive struggle will break out..I will be at this one.

This will be the game not to miss this week. I think Waverly will win but am not going to be surprised if the Jackets come through in the fourth quarter. Waverly is better than I have seen them since the mid to late 90s. Fairview is as tough as usual. 

Edited by @38320

Well we saw a tough team in 4A Page this past week that had us outmatched, outsized, and had maybe more athletes. I would personally like to thank the Page players for all of their creative photoshopped pics that wallpapered the locker room making fun of our players, and all the trash talk with them the past week. Those young Jackets were fired up, and things got awful quiet after the final horn went off. Only crickets.......

Edited by Jacketman89

Had to get that last post out of my system, sorry. Now to Waverly. A couple of Waverly fans predicted this turn around back in August. Guys, you have to understand why EVERYONE doubted. I mean really, c'mon. That being said, your season has been fun for me to keep up with, even as an opponent. The Waverly fans are class acts. You guys have been humble and appreciative of your success this year. I haven't read much cockiness before of after games. I like folk like that. Your town, players, and fans have every reason to be excited. This young Jacket team can play with Waverly. We got some things to work on this week. We'll bring what we got and see if we can pull off the upset. Looking forward to getting back down to Waverly for a visit.

Edited by Jacketman89

Well we saw a tough team in 4A Page this past week that had us outmatched, outsized, and had maybe more athletes. I would personally like to thank the Page players for all of their creative photoshopped pics that wallpapered the locker room making fun of our players, and all the trash talk with them the past week. Those young Jackets were fired up, and things got awful quiet of the final horn went off. Only crickets.......

Nice! I was out of town late last week through yesterday and haven't heard anything about this. I'll always enjoy whippin on Page. :popcorneater:

Not sure I think he was at the Hickman county game. Swarm thanks for the comments. A lot of folks around here thought this waverly team could be good given the success of the programs below the high school.

Yep. We've all been wondering what happened to those boys at the high school level. It's good to see things turning around for the Tiggers.

I expect this game to resemble the Waverly/Camden game if the Fairview D can play like they have the last 6 quarters. Fairview would play Camden WAY closer now than they did in week 1. We have improved a TON. From talking to some of the Fairview coaches, the Page team we beat on Friday was very possibly the best team we have faced all season. (I missed the game)