2014 Musket Bowl

mrj423eastTN

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bit hard to find a lot of information that is going on. I really don't know exactly what to think and who to point fingers at. The video can be a finger pointing of they did this they did this but the end result is you see both teams heavily involved. I can tell there is a big mass of coaches trying to break it up, but I can also see some people on the field who are just watching it go on.

I've been reading Facebook posts on the story and some peoples comments. I don't want either team to be out of the playoffs, but with a situation like this, it's hard to come up with an argument that states they should be allowed in. I know people on both coaching staffs and I know this is a rivalry game, but it seems like things have intensified with the new change ups that have been having at Crockett, and rightly so. That said, something needs to be done when five players are pulling and jumping on a kid. It's football, but no one wants to see this from anyone.

I'm glad no one got hurt, and its especially bad because from all reports, it was one of the better Musket Bowl games in recent memory. A back and forth lead is always exciting.

I think the local news here in Johnson City reported that fans did come onto the field and one even punched a police officer. Both schools will definitely face punishment for what happened. It made the national news for crying out loud. There's no way either school gets off without a harsh penalty.

Wouldn't punish the school for someone that will be sharing an intimate 6 by 8 for something as stupid as punching a police officer. We could have local fans do something that stupid tonight and say they are SH or DB fans

I get the playoff ban this season and maybe even next as a punitive action but 3 years seems excessive. Now maybe if there was a history of things like this it might be a different story but I don't think either program has risen to that level. Crockett has been developing a reputation lately though.

I agree. Three years is too long. Edited by TomJoad