2014 Musket Bowl

mrj423eastTN

I agree with RebRaider. Since Coach B has gotten there, there's been a growing reputation for them and him. On the other hand, Coach J has established a reputation of character.

I can't say I'm surprised this happened as far as Crockett is concerned. As has been said, they're gaining a very poor reputation around Upper East TN. Honestly, I'm glad they got this punishment. They deserve it. When you play like that and have a reputation for playing like that (and you all know what I mean), you deserve the punishment.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crockett is developing quite a rep in NET. I know during the EHS/DC game it got really heated an a player got ejected for DC for fighting with his own teammate I think. I'm not sure but tempers seemed to run high on that team. One DC guy grabbed another DC guy by the face mask and threw him to the ground. Discipline is something that DC is gonna have to learn if they want to have a successful program.

They are suspended until October 31, 2017. I take that to mean, if they behave, they can play in the playoffs after that date...so the 2017 season both can play if it comes to that? Is this correct.

My real problem with this "fight" is people from the stands coming on the field. There should have been better security and some foresight. It could have gotten ugly. Neither team is innocent regardless of who started it. Crockett should have had extra security. Science Hill made that move proactively.

This is a blight on the community. It's sad. Crockett definitely has a poor reputation. This is their opportunity to fix it.

Crockett is developing quite a rep in NET. I know during the EHS/DC game it got really heated an a player got ejected for DC for fighting with his own teammate I think. I'm not sure but tempers seemed to run high on that team. One DC guy grabbed another DC guy by the face mask and threw him to the ground. Discipline is something that DC is gonna have to learn if they want to have a successful program.

After watching a full before and after version of the fight, I really have changed my mind.  When I made my post yesterday, the video shown made it looked like the fight was still going on when they did the cut away.  What resulted was about 10 seconds of chaos, yes, but then it was separated and broken up on the field.  Fans come down etc etc... whatever.  An officer was shoved, not punched, and that was the resulting arrest.  

The kids involved based on the video, take school action with what happens when you do a fight and then you can handle any on team punishment there, down.  It would appear to be 5 or 6 kids from crockett and unless I'm not looking at the right picture, 2 or 3 kids from Boone.  other players... I see them breaking it up as well as the coaches.

I am a Boone boy, and I've known three different coaching staffs there through my time.  The Coach Jenkins staff right now is one of the hardest working, good set of guys that I have known.  It's easy to know what they stand for, and it isn't garbage like that that happened.  I'm all for Boone winning an appeal and I now feel the punishment isn't warranted.

That said, I haven't had to coach against Boone in a game, but i've had dealings with Crockett for the past four years.  I think their current staff is hard working and wants success to happen, I won't ever question that.  I think some of the changes in the personality of the program are good, because it's just sad to go to a school and they just have a look of defeat.

There is a thug mentality that I see happening pregame and during games.  I see fights happening, constant jawing, constant wanting to get into fights, I know for a fact you can go into their weight room pregame and see blown up pictures of players of the team they are going against.  And while you may say, oh thats fine, that is the only team in East Tennessee I have ever seen to do that.  It's one thing to be tough, it's quite another to act like a stupid thug looking for a fight.  You let your helmet and action speak for you from whistle to whistle, you don't act like a moron when representing your community.  Discipline needs to be brought in on behavior for the players, because right now I have zero bad feelings for the crockett kids if you are letting 6 kids 6 leaders on your team act like this not only in one game, but in other games as well.

My 2 cents, moving on.

I'm sure I'll make a few people irate with this statement, but it sure seems like Bosken is coaching his team to be a bunch of hooligans. These problems didn't really exist before he was hired.

It's one thing to make a kid tough, its another to let the kid do whatever he wants.  Crockett kids be running that mouth wanting to start fights on and off the field, then yes.  Not much respect going towards Crockett this morning over stuff I've seen happen in multiple games this season and last.

I'm sure I'll make a few people irate with this statement, but it sure seems like Bosken is coaching his team to be a bunch of hooligans. These problems didn't really exist before he was hired.

Hit the nail on the head - Bosken. This is THE only problem. There's always been a great competitive Crockett / Boone rivalry. There always has been and always will. Thats a good thing. But - THE problem now is Crockett's head coach. All that have heard and seen how he acts,and see how the kids follow his lead, know he needs to go. No discipline. Teaching poor character.

I work with a gentleman that has a son/athlete that would be slated to go to Crockett. Even before this, he was making arrangements to take his son somewhere else. Beyond this, i was akso shocked by what he told me about this guy's lack of high school football knowledge. Crockett folks, I promise you, this guy has you fooled. It is him, not the kids. Get rid of him or Let the exodus begin.

Blast me if you want, but I needed to get this off my chest. It's a shame that Boone got the same punishment. But the T$$AA did the easy thing.

Hit the nail on the head - Bosken. This is THE only problem. There's always been a great competitive Crockett / Boone rivalry. There always has been and always will. Thats a good thing. But - THE problem now is Crockett's head coach. All that have heard and seen how he acts,and see how the kids follow his lead, know he needs to go. No discipline. Teaching poor character.

I work with a gentleman that has a son/athlete that would be slated to go to Crockett. Even before this, he was making arrangements to take his son somewhere else. Beyond this, i was akso shocked by what he told me about this guy's lack of high school football knowledge. Crockett folks, I promise you, this guy has you fooled. It is him, not the kids. Get rid of him or Let the exodus begin.

Blast me if you want, but I needed to get this off my chest. It's a shame that Boone got the same punishment. But the T$$AA did the easy thing.

Well it appears both teams will be appealing the decision on November 13, and I have to say after looking at the letter and what was stated, it just seems like the TSSAA just copied and pasted a letter and didn't even read it.  The whole "we gave them time to do something" or what not part was way premature and didn't even expect them to do something.  Fights in schools take a few hours to work out paperwork wise and what not, and i agree that going through two campuses, listening and talking to witnesses and covering tape... I can understand on one part where the TSSAA wanted to make a decision before the playoffs, but the wording just seems like they were just trying to come up with a decision.

It looks bad on both programs, and it's pretty sorry when it looks like 3 kids (per the wcyb update) has ruined playoff chances for Juniors, Sophomores, Freshmen, and even 8th graders who are coming up into a program.  

Also if you knew what that decision was the next two years, how many transfers will we see happen on the Boone and Crockett front this coming year?

Remember a few years ago, round 2 of the playoffs, South @ Boone.    Big fight erupts in the 2nd half.     Zebras, coaches and police officers all over the field.     They finally get it broken up.    Zebras meet together and end up ejecting 3/4 Boone players and the same number from South.    The game then continues, Boone wins and goes on to round 3 the following week against Knox West, minus the aforementioned ejected players.

The point is, only the players involved were disciplined, not 2 entire school systems.    This discipline includes the 8th graders in the feeder schools too, they will miss the playoffs until their junior year.

Remember a few years ago, round 2 of the playoffs, South @ Boone.    Big fight erupts in the 2nd half.     Zebras, coaches and police officers all over the field.     They finally get it broken up.    Zebras meet together and end up ejecting 3/4 Boone players and the same number from South.    The game then continues, Boone wins and goes on to round 3 the following week against Knox West, minus the aforementioned ejected players.

The point is, only the players involved were disciplined, not 2 entire school systems.    This discipline includes the 8th graders in the feeder schools too, they will miss the playoffs until their junior year.

I understand what you are getting at, but let's all admit that the timing of this played a big role. It happened less than 48 hours before the brackets were set to be released, but more importantly, the TSSAA had just dealt with the Hillcrest/Mitchell incident a day earlier (both teams got a 3-year postseason ban + fine). I'm sure that both DB and DC are appealing, and if either/both has a reasonable argument, let's hope that the TSSAA provides some leniency.

All of that being said, that does not excuse either team from what they did.

Edited by osunut2

This discipline includes the 8th graders in the feeder schools too, they will miss the playoffs until their junior year.

The 8th Graders can jump ship without penalty. The problem is, where will they go? Not everyone can afford tuition. Does Greene County allow Washington County students to cross over?

Edited by Red Rebels