William Blount @ Bearden

Governm

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw both teams play at Morristown East this year. Not sure who wins this one (Both were pretty bad), but I have to say, William Blount has to be one of the worst coached teams I've ever seen. RB seems like a ball player though.

I say Bearden 2-0.

BPP,

Since you said you saw both of these teams play at ME, I'm assuming you are a ME fan. What you have to realize is our RB did not play RB the first 3 games. If he had played against Loudon and Mo East we would have won those games hands down and might have beat HV. And if you look at all 3 of those teams now all 3 have a winning record. The Govs were competitive in all of those games without arguably their best player. So after knowing all that can you really say the Govs are terrible? If that kid had been playing all year we would have probably been 5-1 or 6-0 going into the west game. The Govs defense has been terrible though, I will give you that. But even with our bad defense and questionable coaching we would still have a winning record right now had it not been for some injuries.

BPP,

Since you said you saw both of these teams play at ME, I'm assuming you are a ME fan. What you have to realize is our RB did not play RB the first 3 games. If he had played against Loudon and Mo East we would have won those games hands down and might have beat HV. And if you look at all 3 of those teams now all 3 have a winning record. The Govs were competitive in all of those games without arguably their best player. So after knowing all that can you really say the Govs are terrible? If that kid had been playing all year we would have probably been 5-1 or 6-0 going into the west game. The Govs defense has been terrible though, I will give you that. But even with our bad defense and questionable coaching we would still have a winning record right now had it not been for some injuries.

Had no idea about the injuries.  Got some family down there in Morristown and was visiting both weekends.  I thought WB had some talent, but coaching wise it just seemed like they were a little undisciplined and didn't have the greatest scheme.  Good luck to both teams.  Hope everyone comes out healthy.

I thought WB had some talent, but coaching wise it just seemed like they were a little undisciplined and didn't have the greatest scheme. Good luck to both teams. Hope everyone comes out healthy.

That pretty much sums it up and it's especially true for the defense. The offense has consistently moved the ball very well all season but have struggled to finish drives in the redzone. In every single game this year they have had turnovers in the redzone, and in most games they have had more than one. If you remember back to that Mo East game they threw 3 interceptions in the redzone in the 1st half alone. I don't think the Offensive scheme has really hurt us, I think it's been more a lack of discipline on that side of the ball. As for the defense... They need to scrap the whole defensive scheme and go back to the drawing board.. It has not worked. If we can clean up the turnovers on the offensive side of the ball and fix the defense we will be competitive in the new 6A region next year. Lord knows we can be alot better than we have been. Thanks, I hope that we can get out of this game with a W and without any more injuries.

BPP,

Was this Heisman candidate running back that would have completely turned your record around single handedly hurt those games or just not used at runningback? If it is the latter you may have just confirmed Poppa's concerns about your coaching. 

Edited by mhs

BPP,

Was this Heisman candidate running back that would have completely turned your record around single handedly hurt those games or just not used at runningback? If it is the latter you may have just confirmed Poppa's concerns about your coaching.

He broke his hand in the pre-season and had to wear a cast that prevented him from carrying the ball. He had the cast removed the week of the heritage game and rushed for over 200 yards and 4 TDs. He rushed for 240 yards and 2 tds the next week at Jeff Co, and for over 100 yards and 2 TDs the week after that at LC. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that we would have probably won the 1st 2 games if we had that type of production from the RB position. Before he was at RB we didn't have a running game. We were one dimensional and lived and died by the pass. Edited by Governors91

He broke his hand in the pre-season and had to wear a cast that prevented him from carrying the ball. He had the cast removed the week of the heritage game and rushed for over 200 yards and 4 TDs. He rushed for 240 yards and 2 tds the next week at Jeff Co, and for over 100 yards and 2 TDs the week after that at LC. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that we would have probably won the 1st 2 games if we had that type of production from the RB position. Before he was at RB we didn't have a running game. We were one dimensional and lived and died by the pass.

Ok I gotcha now