William Blount @ Bearden

Governm

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Qtrs were 10 minutes. And they only played 1 game with both teams combined Freshman/JV teams. Farragut won 26-14. But that score is a little deceiving because the game was back and forth until the final minute when Farragut took an interception for a TD. I look forward to seeing how good some of our young players will be at the varsity level. That QB is a stud.

Edited by Governors91

Barney,

I will tell you one thing. Farragut had a small squad out there tonight. It was sad to see a program like Farragut have such a small freshman/JV team. It sure seems like farragut's football program has fallen off alot. At the game this past friday night they had a small crowd and their crowd was even smaller tonight. I wonder who is responsible for the mess that is going on at farragut now?

Edited by Governors91

Barney,

I will tell you one thing. Farragut had a small squad out there tonight. It was sad to see a program like Farragut have such a small freshman/JV team. It sure seems like farragut's football program has fallen off alot. At the game this past friday night they had a small crowd and their crowd was even smaller tonight. I wonder who is responsible for the mess that is going on at farragut now?

Farragut it seems always has lackluster crowds. Usually when we play there against them we have just as many fans if not more. Truth of the matter is is that Farragut is a baseball & soccer school and always will be. The football program has never been of top priority there. Sad, but true.

Farragut it seems always has lackluster crowds. Usually when we play there against them we have just as many fans if not more. Truth of the matter is is that Farragut is a baseball & soccer school and always will be. The football program has never been of top priority there. Sad, but true.

Maybe so,

But the crowd this past friday was pathetically small. And that was a huge game for both teams! I just expected more than what I saw friday.

Maybe so,

But the crowd this past friday was pathetically small. And that was a huge game for both teams! I just expected more than what I saw friday.

Well, it may have been a huge game to a WB fan, but realistically to Farragut fans it probably wasn't. A losing record at Farragut = no fans. Even with real good teams their fanbase isn't that great. But, it wasn't a big football game to Farragut fans. They have higher expectations. A lackluster season does that to a fanbase.

Well, it may have been a huge game to a WB fan, but realistically to Farragut fans it probably wasn't. A losing record at Farragut = no fans. Even with real good teams their fanbase isn't that great. But, it wasn't a big football game to Farragut fans. They have higher expectations. A lackluster season does that to a fanbase.

That may be so. But that game was big in the district race and for the playoff picture. And WB has been down for 7 years and we still bring a pretty good crowd to most games. Of course they aren't as big as they were when we were winning but still pretty good all things considered. I guess our fans are more loyal than most.

That may be so. But that game was big in the district race and for the playoff picture. And WB has been down for 7 years and we still bring a pretty good crowd to most games. Of course they aren't as big as they were when we were winning but still pretty good all things considered. I guess our fans are more loyal than most.

Their reasoning was probably this. Even if we win and make the playoffs we will have to turn around and play Maryville 2 weeks in a row or a very good chance of that happening, so to them making the playoffs or not at this point is probably a moot point. Just a guess.

Eh,

That's weak. Lol I'm at every WB game win or lose. But I hope to h*ll we start winning more. I hope what O&B says is true and we have a pleasant surprise in the off-season.

May be weak, but it's a good chance that's what their mindset was. Farragut expects to win 8-10 games a year not 3 or 4. And the fanbase just loses interest. Human nature. Don't take this the wrong way, but WB fans are probably used to losing, so it isn't as big of a deal. Not being mean when I say that.

May be weak, but it's a good chance that's what their mindset was. Farragut expects to win 8-10 games a year not 3 or 4. And the fanbase just loses interest. Human nature. Don't take this the wrong way, but WB fans are probably used to losing, so it isn't as big of a deal. Not being mean when I say that.

Well,

Like I said I hope what O&B said is true and we have a pleasant surprise after the season ends. If what he says is true we may have alot to look forward to next season.