William Blount @ Bearden

Governm

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's true if I were him I would look to Clinton's OC. Great offensive mind.

What we need is a guy who will bring discipline and will stress the fundamentals. We have that culture in our middle school feeder program now and if we can establish that culture at the high school we will have a dang good team down the road. We have the players to have a good offense but they make too many mistakes and turn the ball over way too much. And don't even get me started on the defense. I will just say we have been putting on a clinic in poor tackling technique. It was so bad during the farragut game that I wanted to pull my hair out. Edited by Governors91

Very interesting. I heard the last time one of the Maryville coaches could of had that job but it would be interesting two years later if all this is true if this coach might not take it this time.

Thats what I heard too. It's a shame that Hammontree didn't come here when he went to heritage because he would already be winning here. Now if WB doesn't do something quick our streak over heritage is in jeopardy. Sooner or later Hammontree will have enough horses in the stable to win games.

Not wanting to lose one of our coaches by any means but if someone is serious about coaching as a career and their at Maryville I look for GQ to be there until his kids have went through which will be many years from now. Many of the older coaches at Maryville don't care and would prefer to be an assistant but for a younger coach wanting to make more money and knowing the the colonels secret recipe would have to make a choice eventually to move or to stay in the same position for a long time.

Not wanting to lose one of our coaches by any means but if someone is serious about coaching as a career and their at Maryville I look for GQ to be there until his kids have went through which will be many years from now. Many of the older coaches at Maryville don't care and would prefer to be an assistant but for a younger coach wanting to make more money and knowing the the colonels secret recipe would have to make a choice eventually to move or to stay in the same position for a long time.

Barney,

I don't want this to be taken the wrong way but I would be kind of nervous about WB hiring a maryville assistant. The reason being is when a guy is on a staff with a great coach like GQ you have to wonder if he is really that good of a coach or is GQ making him look good. I think WB hired ridge because of the success Greenback was having and the fact that he is a WB alum. But when Ridge came here nothing really changed and Greenback was still winning. So it was obvious that the supporting staff was responsible for the success at Greenback. I'm not trying to say anything negative about maryville's coaching staff. Frankly I don't know anything about any of them expect that GQ is great. I'm just saying we can't afford to leave any stone unturned in our next coaching search. We can't just assume a guy will be a good coach because he was on a winning staff. We need a proven guy.

Barney,

I don't want this to be taken the wrong way but I would be kind of nervous about WB hiring a maryville assistant. The reason being is when a guy is on a staff with a great coach like GQ you have to wonder if he is really that good of a coach or is GQ making him look good. I think WB hired ridge because of the success Greenback was having and the fact that he is a WB alum. But when Ridge came here nothing really changed and Greenback IS STILL winning. So it was obvious that the supporting staff was responsible for the success at Greenback. I'm not trying to say anything negative about maryville's coaching staff. Frankly I don't know anything about any of them expect that GQ is great. I'm just saying we can't afford to leave any stone unturned in our next coaching search. We can't just assume a guy will be a good coach because he was on a winning staff. We need a proven guy.

Fixed that for you gov!