Fayetteville at Forrest

Buddha14

Forrest left MTCS as roadkill last week. 

Fayetteville has underperformed expectations, but still has some serious athletes. 

Looking forward to a hopefully injury-free good ole fashioned game. I think Forrest's offense will have a very good night. Fayetteville has some playmakers who can score on any play. 

Last year was 35-14 Rockets, but it was 14-14 in the 4th. NO reason to take this game for granted at ALL. 

I'll go 41-18 Rockets. But I am in no way calling this a sure thing. Forrest better take care of bidness.  

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fayetteville has underperformed expectations, but still has some serious athletes. 

Looking forward to a hopefully injury-free good ole fashioned game. I think Forrest's offense will have a very good night. Fayetteville has some playmakers who can score on any play. 

Last year was 35-14 Rockets, but it was 14-14 in the 4th. NO reason to take this game for granted at ALL. 

I'll go 41-18 Rockets. But I am in no way calling this a sure thing. Forrest better take care of bidness.  

Playing this game on Halloween night, it's going to be either a trick or a treat.  I've been looking forward to this game since the schedule came out and we played in forrest's jamboree.  Now at the end of the season, this will be the first time we don't make the playoffs--but we still have a lot to play for Friday.  We come in as a decided underdog and hope to play the spoiler role.  Not to knock anyone out, but to show the district we still have fight left in us.  It's been a tough year, lots of could-a should-as but it is what it is and our won/loss record doesn't reflect the growth our young team has had to go through.  Last Friday we hung in with a TOUGH Friendship Christian team.  They brought all their horses, kept some in the stable, but we still played to the last whistle.  We'll play to the last whistle Friday in Chapel Hill.  If forrest  thinks they don't need to show up to play smash-mouth football, they will be very disappointed in the end result.  Our kids are resilient, our fans are still loud, we'll be bringing our cowbells.  A win gives us momentum for next year, and will give our seniors a great last game, one to talk about for years to come.  Is it going to be difficult?  You bet.  But the Tigers seem to keep fighting back.  I'll be pie-in-the-sky and call it 28-21 Fayetteville.  Boo!

Haha good post Varo. I like the optimism. 

That jamboree was a mismatch, but #32 didn't play more than a couple plays. As it were, Forrest outscored the Tigers 21-0 in a single quarter. 

Have a safe trip coming up bud. 

I should also mention in that same jamboree Forrest at full strength stuffed Huntland's offense and had a 7-0 lead. But injuries are meaningless, right Hornet fans?

That jamboree was a mismatch, but #32 didn't play more than a couple plays. As it were, Forrest outscored the Tigers 21-0 in a single quarter.

I should also mention in that same jamboree Forrest at full strength stuffed Huntland's offense and had a 7-0 lead. But injuries are meaningless, right Hornet fans?

Buddha I am as big a Forrest fan as you. But we don't need to keep looking back. We will play them again sometime and I am sure that they have been through some bad nights where they had many starters several being the balance and spark players out for whatever reason, but we have to move on.

Check your facts, Huntland actually drove down field the 1st series and scored then forrest answered with a score and both played back ups afterwards. With forrest winning 14-7...jamboree's mean nothing.

Good post APSU gov. I'm the biggest Forrest fan around but I'm tired of our injury excuses. Bottom line is Huntland won the game that mattered. I do think the Forrest team will use the Fayetteville jamboree qtr as motivation. The Fayetteville players where the mouthiest bunch I've seen all year.

1. Who cares about a jamboree, they are meant to get younger players a little playing time.  Coaches RARELY every show anything in jamboree games.

2. The Fayetteville players were mouthy as I remember because one of them got benched by the coach for running his mouth.  I also recall the Fayetteville players were responding to the Forrest players who were running their mouths and calling some of the Fayetteville players names that shouldn't be said!!!

3. Fayetteville has played totally under expectations and the players and coaches have a lot to improve before next season.  Forrest lost the Huntland game, but Huntland has had a great season and hopefully they can keep it going.

4. I expect a very aggressive and hard hitting game this Friday for Halloween.  I expect Forrest to win seeing that Fayetteville is on a 7 game losing streak, but I hope it stays close.

5. Fayetteville has nothing to lose and should come out excited and make some noise to jump start the offseason program that hopefully will get them into contention for next year.

They did exactly what they should have with MTCS. They are not a good football team.

1. Who cares about a jamboree, they are meant to get younger players a little playing time.  Coaches RARELY every show anything in jamboree games.

2. The Fayetteville players were mouthy as I remember because one of them got benched by the coach for running his mouth.  I also recall the Fayetteville players were responding to the Forrest players who were running their mouths and calling some of the Fayetteville players names that shouldn't be said!!!

3. Fayetteville has played totally under expectations and the players and coaches have a lot to improve before next season.  Forrest lost the Huntland game, but Huntland has had a great season and hopefully they can keep it going.

4. I expect a very aggressive and hard hitting game this Friday for Halloween.  I expect Forrest to win seeing that Fayetteville is on a 7 game losing streak, but I hope it stays close.

5. Fayetteville has nothing to lose and should come out excited and make some noise to jump start the offseason program that hopefully will get them into contention for next year.

I agree 100% that jamborees are glorified practices and the only purpose they serve is to jump start conversations on the "T".  No coach is going to show his hand with the season ahead of him.  That being said, they're also good for motivating a team to perform when the teams meet in the regular season.  The forrest boys did run their mouths, name calling and questioning parentage, etc.  One of our boys finally offered to carry on the conversation after play was over, but didn't get any takers.  It's one thing to run your mouth, but if you can't or won't back it up on the field (or in this case, off the field), then it's just talk.  We've heard the same garbage for two years, from Moore Co., and to a lesser extent from MTCS (who have some un-Christian fans by the way). 

I also expect Friday to be an exciting, hard-hitting game from both sides.  The end result will be the team that wants it the most will win.  It won't be a gimme.  Winning or losing streaks don't mean much these days when you depend on teenagers to stay focused with the task at hand.  You can have a great week of practice but on Friday they have to forget girlfriends and snapchats and video games and come out to play hard for 48 minutes.  Which team will show up Friday?  The one with high expectations at the beginning of the season or the one who've fought hard in every game this season?  We have to make our breaks, get our defense to create turnovers, and have the offense capitalize on those turnovers.  It's not easy, but that's why girls don't play the game (quoting Falco from the movie "The Replacements".  Lol. 

I agree 100% that jamborees are glorified practices and the only purpose they serve is to jump start conversations on the "T". No coach is going to show his hand with the season ahead of him. That being said, they're also good for motivating a team to perform when the teams meet in the regular season. The forrest boys did run their mouths, name calling and questioning parentage, etc. One of our boys finally offered to carry on the conversation after play was over, but didn't get any takers. It's one thing to run your mouth, but if you can't or won't back it up on the field (or in this case, off the field), then it's just talk. We've heard the same garbage for two years, from Moore Co., and to a lesser extent from MTCS (who have some un-Christian fans by the way).

I also expect Friday to be an exciting, hard-hitting game from both sides. The end result will be the team that wants it the most will win. It won't be a gimme. Winning or losing streaks don't mean much these days when you depend on teenagers to stay focused with the task at hand. You can have a great week of practice but on Friday they have to forget girlfriends and snapchats and video games and come out to play hard for 48 minutes. Which team will show up Friday? The one with high expectations at the beginning of the season or the one who've fought hard in every game this season? We have to make our breaks, get our defense to create turnovers, and have the offense capitalize on those turnovers. It's not easy, but that's why girls don't play the game (quoting Falco from the movie "The Replacements". Lol.

i have no problem with trash talking. But If the kids were saying racist things during the game Coach Palmer needs to have a talk with Coach K and get that kicked in the butt! There is no place anywhere for that crap. And I mean anywhere!! But if it's just trash talk, walk away and smile. There are kids that are gonna run that mouth but why would you try to "carry it on after the play or after the game". That's not smart! In today's world your gonna get ejected and sit a few games. Or suspended and sit a few games. Then the kid running that mouth wins because you let him in your head. You lose and your team loses because your not on the field where you should be helping them! I've told my boys since they were little, let the Talkers Talk, you play your game and smile. Now your in their head!!