District 10A Championship - CA @ NCS

NCSdad1962

Think the previous poster "blackjack96" was referring to the lack of "Christian Spirit" of some comments on this thread. I Know that not everyone who attends or supports a "Christian" school is Christian. Lots of trash talk and insults from NCS supporters and posters. I think someone can publicly support their school without being abusive to others. Trash talk is called trash talk for a reason.

• Upvote 1

kenmynattcpa: That is assuming CA has to play NCS in the 1st round. If CA faces another team first, I see a second meeting of NCS and CA in the 2nd round.

Does anyone know how the seeding will work...who between NCS and Columbia Academy will get the bye?

Both NCS and Columbia Academy will get byes.  There's a very good chance Clarksville Academy (or Wayne County) will get moved from Quad 3 to Quad 4.  Do a little poking around on here and you'll see discussion of the possibilities of someone getting moved from 3 to 4.

As someone stated before, all this trash talk coming from a "Christian" school is quite telling of how hypocritical that name really must be. No doubt that NCS is a very good team but does anyone honestly think the team could compete with the likes of any of the Top 10 as NCSdad1962 said?  

snapback.png

Did I say that?  Did the article say that?  Your reading comprehension is severely lacking.  Or maybe you are just trying to stir the pot.  Not a very "Christian" thing to do  :popcorneater: .

We've heard this straw man argument before.  You do know that someone's salvation is not based upon talking about football games, don't you?

kenmynattcpa: That is assuming CA has to play NCS in the 1st round. If CA faces another team first, I see a second meeting of NCS and CA in the 2nd round.

Does anyone know how the seeding will work...who between NCS and Columbia Academy will get the bye?

NCS and Columbia Academy will have first round byes. "the academy" will lose to either Wayne County or Huntland in the first round. Unless they draw Moore County, they are one and done. However with how good Moore County been playing as of late, that victory is not a given.

That's not a lack of "Christian Spirit", lotsofcoffee aka (Oh great Arbiter of all that is Christian), that's just the cold hard facts.

Edited by kenmynattcpa

I obviously understand that you did not write the article, but since you linked it into the thread I assume you agreed with it, which you do correct?

It's just a mid-state top ten list written by someone at the Tennessean.  Last week, East Nashville was number 10.  Did that mean they could hang with Brentwood Academy?  Of course not.  Could NCS hang with Brentwood Academy?  Of course not.  Do you really think that is what the article is implying?

Your assumption is quite faulty.

Edited by NCSdad1962

It's just a mid-state top ten list written by someone at the Tennessean.  Last week, East Nashville was number 10.  Did that mean they could hang with Brentwood Academy?  Of course not.  Could NCS hang with Brentwood Academy?  Of course not.  Do you really think that is what the article is implying?

Your assumption is very faulty.

Then what exactly does a "TOP 10 Ranking" imply? Please enlighten all of us.

Then what exactly does a "TOP 10 Ranking" imply? Please enlighten all of us.

I'm growing tired of your inability to comprehend English.  There isn't one team on that list that NCS could beat.  It's just a little recognition for the great season that we are having.  The man that compiles the Top Ten is Cecil Joyce.  If you want, I can find his email address and you can ask about his inclusion of NCS.  If your team was on that list, wouldn't you want the boys to be proud of that?

It's trite, but obviously in your case, haters are gonna hate. 

I'm growing tired of your inability to comprehend English.  There isn't one team on that list that NCS could beat.  It's just a little recognition for the great season that we are having.  The man that compiles the Top Ten is Cecil Joyce.  If you want, I can find his email address and you can ask about his inclusion of NCS.  If your team was on that list, wouldn't you want the boys to be proud of that?

It's trite, but obviously in your case, haters are gonna hate. 

If you want to look back at one of my previous posts where I stated that there was no doubt that NCS was a very good team and better than CA, would you realize that no I'm not a hater, I am however, along with everyone else, stating my opinion. And yes I would be proud of my school was ranked in that list, but I would not use that as ammunition to attempt to criticize another school despite them also having a great season.