William Blount 2015

Governm

Now that WB's season is officially over, Let the offseason discussions begin. :popcorneater:

WB finished the '14 campaign with a disappointing loss to a winless bearden team. And it looks like the sledding isn't going to get any easier next year, it will only get tougher. We have a date with Alcoa and district games with Murvil,Dobyns Bennett,and Science Hill. Looking at the competition of next year's schedule I don't see any teams I am confident that we can beat. Hopefully We will schedule a real cupcake in our available non-conference spot because we will need any win we can get, in fact it might be our only win all year. The bottom line is there needs to be some changes within the WB football program or next year will be an absolute disaster.

Now that WB's season is officially over, Let the offseason discussions begin. :popcorneater:

WB finished the '14 campaign with a disappointing loss to a winless bearden team. And it looks like the sledding isn't going to get any easier next year, it will only get tougher. We have a date with Alcoa and district games with Murvil,Dobyns Bennett,and Science Hill. Looking at the competition of next year's schedule I don't see any teams I am confident that we can beat. Hopefully We will schedule a real cupcake in our available non-conference spot because we will need any win we can get, in fact it might be our only win all year. The bottom line is there needs to be some changes within the WB football program or next year will be an absolute disaster.

Hold off a while G91. I think things may look a lot brighter by late December. But I do agree, the schedule will be brutal.

Hold off a while G91. I think things may look a lot brighter by late December. But I do agree, the schedule will be brutal.

Strongx,

I'm all out of optimism. Last night killed it. All I know is we are losing most of our offensive production (Fair/Graham) and have a brutal schedule to deal with next year... We will have some talent but so will every team we will be playing and you can always count on WB to underachieve. Right off the bat you just know Murvil and Alcoa will beat us, and Science Hill and Dobyns Bennett will be heavily favored against us. Then you have Bearden and Hardin Valley, they will prolly beat us too. The only district teams we might have a shot of beating are Bradley Central and Jefferson County... And since WB is always good at losing a few games we should have won it looks like there is a good chance we go 0-7 in district play.. And we might just be the 1st team to ever go 0-10 and make the playoffs.

The night we played them in the JV game and they cut the quarters down to eight minutes were signs to me that you had a disinterested football coach. You are trying to build for the future not get home early to watch your favorite TV show. With that said it's never to late to rethink where most of the problems were at during the year and focus on getting better. Justin Ridge is young and he is a smart person and anyone can get a slight burnout so I'm not jumping his case. If he feels like he's had enough then he needs to make some quick decisions as an A.D. but if he wants to continue he needs to make a quick statement I'm here for the long haul to keep all the gossip away. Gossip is like cancer to any football program and it needs to be addressed ASAP so the team can focus on 2015.

William Blount will have a new skipper next yr.I was told last night the first candidate that was on his list turned it down.Dont ask i wont comment on who it was while teams are still playing ball.

I am aware of what you are talking about, but I believe sometime between then and now, things may have changed.....I will try to make it down to watch a Greenback game in the playoffs and tell you what I know. I believe things will stay the same at WB for next year, for a couple of different reasons.

I just hope they can get somebody who can inspire and motivate the boys to play 4 Qtrs of football in every game, win or lose. I can handle a loss, I cannot handle seeing my team give a halfhearted effort every week. I couldn't even tell you guys the last time I saw the Govs played 4 qtrs of football and gave 110% because it's been a looooong time.