William Blount 2015

Governm

I am aware of what you are talking about, but I believe sometime between then and now, things may have changed.....I will try to make it down to watch a Greenback game in the playoffs and tell you what I know. I believe things will stay the same at WB for next year, for a couple of different reasons.

10-4 while the lights where out a few people where in the discussion and of course it was brought up again i hadnt heard of the status quo.Well anyway i do hope it works out for the ayers coming back.Good luck to you and gov91.matback is a good frien if you need to contact he has my info,thx again.

I don't have any idea what they plan to do or what coaches they are pursuing but I do know one thing. I was listening to the game on the radio and you could tell that Scott Cupp wasn't happy at all with what he was seeing. I guarantee there will be some changes made in between now and next year.

I just hope they can get somebody who can inspire and motivate the boys to play 4 Qtrs of football in every game, win or lose. I can handle a loss, I cannot handle seeing my team give a halfhearted effort every week. I couldn't even tell you guys the last time I saw the Govs played 4 qtrs of football and gave 110% because it's been a looooong time.

I remember the last game I saw them play 110%. I went with a friend of mine to watch them play Ooltewah in a playoff game, I cant remember the year, 06 or 07 maybe. Medows was the HC. And it was a great game. The Govs lost, but it was a great game, right down to the end.

I just hope they can get somebody who can inspire and motivate the boys to play 4 Qtrs of football in every game, win or lose. I can handle a loss, I cannot handle seeing my team give a halfhearted effort every week. I couldn't even tell you guys the last time I saw the Govs played 4 qtrs of football and gave 110% because it's been a looooong time.

Against Maryville in 2007?

I remember the last game I saw them play 110%. I went with a friend of mine to watch them play Ooltewah in a playoff game, I cant remember the year, 06 or 07 maybe. Medows was the HC. And it was a great game. The Govs lost, but it was a great game, right down to the end.

The Govs did not play ooltewah in the playoffs in '06 or '07. But the '06 regular season game was a good where the Govs lost 28-24 at ooltewah.

That was it then. Cause I've only been to Ooltewah once. It was a very good game.

I guess so. But the Govs got absolutely hosed in the 4th qtr by the refs. I still hear WB fans talk about that. But nevertheless it was a close game against a really good ooltewah team. They made it all the way to the semis that year. During that period of time WB was competing with and beating some of the best 5A teams in the state. It's hard to believe that we haven't made the playoffs since '07.

Against Maryville in 2007?

That was an amazing game but I don't even know if you can say that's a game where the govs played full 4 Qtrs. They missed two extra points, failed to capitalize on a maryville turnover that gave us good field position, and the offense kind of stalled out after our opening drive until the 2nd half.

I just can't understand how WB and really Heritage have been so bad for so long. Seeing Hammontree at HHS gave me hope the County teams would be more competitive. I don't know what it's going to take at those schools but I hope for the best every year. Good luck finding a quality coach this year Govman.

FBE ... "IF" we are looking for a new head coach--or if something is in the works--it will be a total surprise to me.  Personally I'm a big fan of Coach Ridge.

And as I often like to remind folks, Heritage has been "bad" a lot longer than WB has!   :rolleyes: I've never thought the hole we had to dig ourselves out of was near as deep as the job Coach Hammontree faces at Heritage.  But with each passing season ...

Govman,

If action isn't taken quickly heritage will pass us by. I like Ridge, as a person too, but it's clear to me that something needs to be done. Maybe it's a case of him not having the right assistant coaches and if that's the case they need to get behind him and give him the help he needs.