KC steps down at Sequatchie Co

Tbolt

You had to know that was coming but I hate to see him go out like this. I was hoping that he could turn out program around and bring the winning ways to SC. I guess the kids today are just too soft for his style of coaching.

Tommy Lane needs to take his time and do a thorough search. No more hiring friends, good ol' boys or homers. Look what that's got us. We have the best facilities in the Valley. Our pipeline is strong from Little League all the way through Middle School. There is no reason we can't get a quality coach to bring championships to SC.

Parents and kids are both soft these days. I bet Ken didn't talk no worse to them than some of my bosses have to me and my coworkers. It's a part of life that you have to learn to deal with. I know we've had some kids and adults walking around town with shirts calling for Ken to be fired. In my opinion Mr Layne should have disciplined those students who wore them to the games. He may have. He needed to support his coach. It will be hard for us to get a new coach that's worth his salt as long as the kids, parents and community are running the show.

Parents and kids are both soft these days. I bet Ken didn't talk no worse to them than some of my bosses have to me and my coworkers. It's a part of life that you have to learn to deal with. I know we've had some kids and adults walking around town with shirts calling for Ken to be fired. In my opinion Mr Layne should have disciplined those students who wore them to the games. He may have. He needed to support his coach. It will be hard for us to get a new coach that's worth his salt as long as the kids, parents and community are running the show.

100% correct. No quality coach will come there when they hear how the parents, community, and kids call the shots. Wear " fire" shirts is ridiculous. That whole community hould be ashamed.

I really hate that Ken could not get along down there. I played against one of his teams back in the day that made it to the state finals when there were only 3 divisions. I don't think they should go very long without a coach. They need to go ahead and go after who they want and get them down there and let those boys know who is in charge if they are going to get that program where y'all want it.  

I really hate that Ken could not get along down there. I played against one of his teams back in the day that made it to the state finals when there were only 3 divisions. I don't think they should go very long without a coach. They need to go ahead and go after who they want and get them down there and let those boys know who is in charge if they are going to get that program where y'all want it.

sounds like the community and kids are in charge. Will be hard pressed to find a coach better than Ken. If assitants were the problem, up the pay. You pay enough, quality coaches will come if the program is run right.

I don't think it was the assistants or Ken. Look at who they played this year, I am in Florida Coaching now but have been keeping up. didn't' they have several injuries? I don't think Ken went to bed woke up and forgot how to coach. Sequatchie has someone on staff that has been there for 16 years, had lots of success, hardest worker they have ever had there, and on top of that is loved by the community. Why he gets over looked is a mystery to me. I guess grass is always greener on the other side.

Anyway good luck to Sequatchie in finding a new coach, despite the few village idiots, they do have a great community and you only have to look no further than their facilities to see the support they have.

• Upvote 1