RD 2 - Nashville Christian hosts Jamboree Champion Wayne County

kenmynattcpa

I just don't see it. Nothing to be learned by the WC effort against Gordonsville. NCS has seen similar teams this year and it would have resulted in a running clock. WC probably could have made that happen as well but pulled back a little in the 3rd. 5 will not be allowed to roam free and do whatever he chooses. He would be well served to work on pitching the ball this week. He doesn't seem to enjoy giving it up. Receivers will be covered close. Someone or more than 1 will block and contain 70 as much as possible. He was a force against Gordonsville. Ray will also not continually get 7 or 8 yards before contact. All that being said, I'm sure WC will score but I don't see them matching scores.

Rice was fun to watch...really good especially for being just a sophomore. 70 seems to be hitting his stride again as well.

Not to rile up WC or their backers, but I think this one ends up well out of reach. I'm thinking 52-20 with WC getting a score or two in the 4th.

Bigswo, they run the veer....not the Union City veer.

but NCS has the kicking game and enough skill players to get it done..

Thanks for the kind words BigSwo. We were all very proud of #42 in the East Nashville game. He's punting for the first time this year and that played a big role in winning some field position battles. And he hit a FG to make it a 3-score game at 19-0.

BTW, he and your #24 have the same kicking coach. And Mr Wilhoit had some very nice things to say about #24 when we had a session last week.

I just don't see it. Nothing to be learned by the WC effort against Gordonsville. NCS has seen similar teams this year and it would have resulted in a running clock. WC probably could have made that happen as well but pulled back a little in the 3rd. 5 will not be allowed to roam free and do whatever he chooses. He would be well served to work on pitching the ball this week. He doesn't seem to enjoy giving it up. Receivers will be covered close. Someone or more than 1 will block and contain 70 as much as possible. He was a force against Gordonsville. Ray will also not continually get 7 or 8 yards before contact. All that being said, I'm sure WC will score but I don't see them matching scores.

Rice was fun to watch...really good especially for being just a sophomore. 70 seems to be hitting his stride again as well.

Not to rile up WC or their backers, but I think this one ends up well out of reach. I'm thinking 52-20 with WC getting a score or two in the 4th.

Ok, I'm going to eat my words and post on here. No feathers ruffled here by your opinion on this game, WC likes being the underdog. I felt like WC could have done more last night but that's not the way coach Rice does things, he's a class act. You said nothing to be learned from last nights game and I agree, WC didn't run a whole lot of different plays, kept it kinda simple but at the same time I seen where east Nville got thumped last night also so now I'm wondering how good they really are, or were. One thing can be counted on is that you can expect WC to show up unintimidated and ready to play! Remember, WC has dealt with a whole list of injuries and are still five points from being undefeated too! Also as for the turnovers, WC only has one since the ca game and it was last night by the jv so they seem to have a better grip on that.

89.... What's the word on 4 & 7 ...?

Just good and sore, will be at practice Monday ready to go! Scared us there for a minute! Still wouldn't be surprised to see Birchette back in the backfield helping carry the load now that Skelton is back from his leg injury. Birchette had moved to guard trying to help a crippled up line.

Ok, I'm going to eat my words and post on here. No feathers ruffled here by your opinion on this game, WC likes being the underdog. I felt like WC could have done more last night but that's not the way coach Rice does things, he's a class act. You said nothing to be learned from last nights game and I agree, WC didn't run a whole lot of different plays, kept it kinda simple but at the same time I seen where east Nville got thumped last night also so now I'm wondering how good they really are, or were. One thing can be counted on is that you can expect WC to show up unintimidated and ready to play! Remember, WC has dealt with a whole list of injuries and are still five points from being undefeated too! Also as for the turnovers, WC only has one since the ca game and it was last night by the jv so they seem to have a better grip on that.

East Nashville's QB tore his ACL against us - missed both of those losses to lipscomb. Bummer for him. He's a verbal commit to MTSU so I'm sure a quick surgery was in order.

Thanks for the kind words BigSwo. We were all very proud of #42 in the East Nashville game. He's punting for the first time this year and that played a big role in winning some field position battles. And he hit a FG to make it a 3-score game at 19-0.

BTW, he and your #24 have the same kicking coach. And Mr Wilhoit had some very nice things to say about #24 when we had a session last week.

Sounds like your boy is doing a fine job. Our number 24 now wears number 1. He wore #1 last year too but we didn't have a white jersey with number 1 on it. Now he can wear #1 whether we are on the road or at home. I sure hope we get a chance to play again this year. Hopefully you guys will be coming to our place. Good luck.

Any school names to mention giving your boy some looks?

Kind of the same situation you mentioned for your son. He has a couple of preferred walkon offers - not sure what that really means. We've been told that for his position, it will be March or April for all the dominoes to fall. As you can imagine most schools don't "waste" scholarships on kickers - lol.

im just curious as to what "similar teams" you are talking about ncs played what had to be one of the weakest schedules in 1a.  the only two teams that were even in the descent category was east Nashville who had to play most of game without best player and Clarksville academy the rest Gordonsville would have monkey stomped as well so who are those similar teams ? im NOT wc will win but the avg. record of ncs opponents was 3-7

gtripledip, on 07 Nov 2014 - 10:51 PM, said:snapback.png

Wildcat89 stated:

We picked the All-star team and they are all from WC and WC will prove him wrong next week!

Let's get this out of the way now because if we don't, Wildcat89, wildcatalumni, and the rest of their feline infested and possibly incested brethren will be beating their chests and referring to this event ad nauseam all week.

On 8/15/2014, NCS and Wayne played each other in a jamboree at Page HS in Franklin for two quarters. Wayne treated this matchup as a playoff game, was fired up, opened up their playbook, and played inspired football. NCS treated this matchup like a practice and ran just basic plays.

Blah, blah, blah....yada, yada, yada......At the end of two quarters, WC led 21-7. Does that about sum it up wildcat fans?

New favorite poster