RD 2 - Nashville Christian hosts Jamboree Champion Wayne County

kenmynattcpa

Funny how people see things totally different. Not sure #71 of WC had his way with Alex Givens. WC is a really good team and think NCS wore them down in the second half.

Reviewing some video from the game last night I saw this clip of #71 on Offense holding Alex who was playing Defense Tackle on this particular play in the 1st quarter. I am curious if any thinks this is holding? http://youtu.be/TYzo4SK-9OQ

Did anyone say 71 had his way with 50? Apparently you see things different! It said he gave him all he wanted! You wanna talk about holding, it could have been called in just about every play y'all ran and I'm sure it could on WC also! Now that the season is over I'll tell you a little about 70(71 last night), week one he was thrown from the back of a truck in a car accident, he was thrown about 30 yards up into the woods where he hit a tree. The test they ran said deep bone bruising that could take up to 10 weeks to heal if rested for five or six weeks. He missed one week and has played both ways all year refusing to rest it or go get another suggested MRI. He gave 50 all he wanted while playing at about 50% on his left knee. A healthy 70 hasn't got to play one down since the jamboree, which was only a jamboree, but I think you that witnessed both will testify there was a big difference!

Just watched last nights game, what a battle at the line all night! As for the holding calls we were arguing over, you could definatly call one on every play on both teams if you wanted to. In my opinion 35 was the difference maker in this one, the kid was very disruptive and got to the ball quick! CA is in for a long night! Good luck next week but don't think y'all will need luck!

Just watched last nights game, what a battle at the line all night! As for the holding calls we were arguing over, you could definatly call one on every play on both teams if you wanted to. In my opinion 35 was the difference maker in this one, the kid was very disruptive and got to the ball quick! CA is in for a long night! Good luck next week but don't think y'all will need luck!

I thought that crew we had last night did as good a job as any we had all year. I may have not seen a bunch of stuff but all in all thought they called what needed to be called and let the rest go.

I thought that crew we had last night did as good a job as any we had all year. I may have not seen a bunch of stuff but all in all thought they called what needed to be called and let the rest go.[/quote) I thought they did a good job letting the boys play it out and decide it themselves, we all get mad when we get a flag happy group and then get mad when they don't throw them! I guess it's the heat of the moment type stuff!

Late to this Board but I was at the game Friday night as a high school football fan.  No affiliation with either school.  Thought the game turned on Waynce CO. early.  They had several opportunities and couldn't take advantage.  When NCS got the breaks they took advantage.  Speed on the corners was also a big difference because Wayne Co. was not able to establish the run.  Thought some of the 3rd down calls were curious for Wayne Co.

But if Wayne Co. can score on any of those early opportunites it's a different game, maybe not a different winner but a different game.  But again, NCS' defense was good and kept Wayne Co. off balance.

Do believe Givens and Bituli will have to have a little better composure once they get to the next level.

NCS vs. Columbia Academy could be a good one.

Late to this Board but I was at the game Friday night as a high school football fan.  No affiliation with either school.  Thought the game turned on Waynce CO. early.  They had several opportunities and couldn't take advantage.  When NCS got the breaks they took advantage.  Speed on the corners was also a big difference because Wayne Co. was not able to establish the run.  Thought some of the 3rd down calls were curious for Wayne Co.

But if Wayne Co. can score on any of those early opportunites it's a different game, maybe not a different winner but a different game.  But again, NCS' defense was good and kept Wayne Co. off balance.

Do believe Givens and Bituli will have to have a little better composure once they get to the next level.

Don't be rediculous CA vs NCS score has already been submitted to TSSAA as a blowout.  

All of this doesn't mean much, I'm just bored and looking at the numbers. 

Drive 1   -5 yards  fumble lost on 3rd and 12

Drive 2   -5 yards  fumble lost on 3rd and 10

Drive 3   69 yards Turned over on downs after stopped on 4th and 10 (59 on bust cov play)

Drive 4    7 yards  Punt on 4th and 3

Drive 5   25 yards Interception thrown on 3rd and 7

Drive 6   37 yards Interception thrown on 2nd and 14

Drive 7   53 yards Turned over on downs after stopped on 4th and 13 (personal Foul)

Drive 8    3 yards  Turned over on downs after stopped on 4th and 7

Drive 9   -8 yards  Turned over on downs after stopped on 4th and 18

WC had 4 drives start in NCS territory at the 40-37-26-40. Those drives netted -5, -5, 3, and -8 respectively. 

All of the WC yards were gained on drives starting between the WC 21-32 yard line. They were never able to take advantage and move the ball when they had good field position.

What could almost be considered a turnover for WC was a big pass interference call that extended the NCS drive on 4th and 4. The drive ended up with NCS's first TD. It's hard to say the ball would not have been caught but the receiver was tackled well before the ball arrived.

All of this doesn't mean much, I'm just bored and looking at the numbers.

Drive 1 -5 yards fumble lost on 3rd and 12

Drive 2 -5 yards fumble lost on 3rd and 10

Drive 3 69 yards Turned over on downs after stopped on 4th and 10 (59 on bust cov play)

Drive 4 7 yards Punt on 4th and 3

Drive 5 25 yards Interception thrown on 3rd and 7

Drive 6 37 yards Interception thrown on 2nd and 14

Drive 7 53 yards Turned over on downs after stopped on 4th and 13 (personal Foul)

Drive 8 3 yards Turned over on downs after stopped on 4th and 7

Drive 9 -8 yards Turned over on downs after stopped on 4th and 18

WC had 4 drives start in NCS territory at the 40-37-26-40. Those drives netted -5, -5, 3, and -8 respectively.

All of the WC yards were gained on drives starting between the WC 21-32 yard line. They were never able to take advantage and move the ball when they had good field position.

What could almost be considered a turnover for WC was a big pass interference call that extended the NCS drive on 4th and 4. The drive ended up with NCS's first TD. It's hard to say the ball would not have been caught but the receiver was tackled well before the ball arrived.

I think the ncs receiver would have caught it, was definatly interference.