Clinton Dragons 2015

dragnfan

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they get it fixed. They play Oak Ridge 1st game and I really wanted to see OR defense vs the QB at Clinton. He's one of my favorite players to watch. I kind of want to pull for the underdog but if they can't score it will get ugly vs Oak Ridge. They are running an offense that is difficult to defend w/o throwing the ball but OR will be able to throw with a 6'4 and 6'6 WR. I've been hearing that Middleton has gotten some of his speed and receiver skills back at these touch football leagues. Higgins... I need not say anything.

Edited by GIJoe

I hope they get it fixed. They play Oak Ridge 1st game and I really wanted to see OR defense vs the QB at Clinton. He's one of my favorite players to watch. I kind of want to pull for the underdog but if they can't score it will get ugly vs Oak Ridge. They are running an offense that is difficult to defend w/o throwing the ball but OR will be able to throw with a 6'4 and 6'6 WR. I've been hearing that Middleton has gotten some of his speed and receiver skills back at these touch football leagues. Higgins... I need not say anything.

I hope they DON'T get it fixed. Lol. Actually I expect Clinton to be good and give us all we want in game one in front of a big crowd. I love this game as an opener before either team has a chance to lose. What a motivator during the off season!!!

Good point.  For some reason I want to go to see Hardin Valley week 1.  I don't know why my neighbors are so optimistic about them (HVA) this year but they are.  I hear they (HVA) have a few transfers that will make an immediate impact. But I hope the atmosphere (ORHS vs. CHS) was like it was the first year Gaddis came back.  It was electrifying and that was after Oak Ridge came off a loss. 

Edited by GIJoe

Good point.  For some reason I want to go to see Hardin Valley week 1.  I don't know why my neighbors are so optimistic about them (HVA) this year but they are.  I hear they (HVA) have a few transfers that will make an immediate impact. But I hope the atmosphere (ORHS vs. CHS) was like it was the first year Gaddis came back.  It was electrifying and that was after Oak Ridge came off a loss. 

With both teams very optimistic about the season I would expect a big crowd and a great atmosphere!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Clinton better replace all those lineman they lost in order to have a successful season. Thackerson alone is worth 2 wins, but they better protect him.

I agree about the linemen. Teams won't normally win alot of games without a good offensive line. I think the key to Clinton's success this year will be how well their defense plays. If their defense plays as well as it did the second half of the season last year, I think they will be just fine, but if our defense struggles, Clinton won't win more than 3 or 4 games.

I hope the coaching staff and players are working their butts off to get better!