Carter county ball

tootiedwc

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aint that the way everyday life goes Uknoit? I mean I'm sure u can remember your boys playing little league and seems like a couple days go by and boom they are in HS and graduating! That's the way it all seems to me any way! Don't seem like long ago when I was helping Ole 91 coach his youngest boys B ball team in Elementary school. And now here he is watching his oldest play his senior year. I was just thinking the other day how it would be awesome to watch his 3 boys play B ball in same game in HS but don't guess its gonna happen. I'm not talking about 91's boys but kids just dont appreciate the time, effort, work and $ into their kids playing sports. Especially youins with 3 or more playing something year round. Hats off to all of you parents, grandparents, guardians..... Any one that puts this time in these kids(young adults). I'll go ahead and say "Thank youins". Ya know not all kids have that luxury. I'd say 99% of y'all on here know exactly what I'm talking bout.

Time goes by QUICKLY! Heck, it wasn't that long ago (it seems) I was still running the hardwood and playing like a kid myself...Talk about a boom! When 40 hit, it was OVER!

After this year, Im done coaching....I still have 7 more years of watching mine tho (and arm-chair coaching) :mrgreen:

I imagine grandchildren will be avail and need a lil coaching before I know it.

After 15 years, I've enjoyed every minute of coaching...Equally saddening are the kids you mentioned that really have nobody that cares....And we see A LOT of that.

Hopefully the injured will soon heal and the FB players will get their basketball legs and we'll see some good ball outta these Carter Co boys!

Edited by uknoit2

Time goes by QUICKLY! Heck, it wasn't that long ago (it seems) I was still running the hardwood and playing like a kid myself...Talk about a boom! When 40 hit, it was OVER!

After this year, Im done coaching....I still have 7 more years of watching mine tho (and arm-chair coaching) :mrgreen:

I imagine grandchildren will be avail and need a lil coaching before I know it.

After 15 years, I've enjoyed every minute of coaching...Equally saddening are the kids you mentioned that really have nobody that cares....And we see A LOT of that.

Hopefully the injured will soon heal and the FB players will get their basketball legs and we'll see some good ball outta these Carter Co boys!

If you'd push that plate of cobbler away every now and then, you'd still be running the hardwood. Don't give me that 40 crap :)

its ok until you sprain an ankle playing rec league ball. even im about to just start sticking to golf only.

I'll stick to the martial arts. Ya gotta keep moving. 40 is not old age. Sure you don't heal as fast like you're 20 but you can still be the man past 40. Ric flair still wrestles at 65 even tho he needs to put some clothes on lol :)

I'll stick to the martial arts. Ya gotta keep moving. 40 is not old age. Sure you don't heal as fast like you're 20 but you can still be the man past 40. Ric flair still wrestles at 65 even tho he needs to put some clothes on lol :)

40 is not old...Now at 45 Im getting there....I dont have the money nor drugs to stay has "fit" and happy as ole Ric!

Playing basketball: At 30 I did a number on the ole ankle...at 40, it was a nerve in the back...At 42, started that Russian workout with my oldest and bout blew the ole shoulder out....I'M FINISHED!

AND I LOVE ME COBBLER...255ish isn't a bad weight for me....SO BACK OFF! :roflolk:

I play some rec ball and flag football idk about the martial arts lol. I went over to HV tonight with one of the lander assistants who was going to scout them tonight but the game was cancelled. You know you play Oak Hills red team in the john battle tourney this year?

HHS up 33 at half against chucky doak. Be anxious to see what they look like when football players start.

Dogs are looking good. Currently have 3 wins ( Jellico, Tennessee High, Chuckey Doak) and 1 loss ( Sullivan East). I heard we go about 12 deep this year and like to press and push the ball up the floor.  I still say if we want to compete in Murfreesboro against the likes of Memphis Mitchell and Union City that we need to be able to handle a high pressure man to man defense and be able to get the ball inside to Valentine. Last year we had a tough time handling that high pressure man to man. We just don't see that type of pressure here in East Tennessee but somehow we have got to get better at that in order to complete with the West Tennessee single a teams. JMO.