Carter county ball

tootiedwc

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ones I've been to are pretty low, there's just not a lot of interest in the program with the kids or fans right now. Not really sure why.

I would have to ask the same "why" question! For Unaka's gym not to be rockin would be strange to say the least. But I expect Hampton's crowds to be down after the way they've played and will remain down until they heal up and decide to play to their potential

Its not helped by the fact that in the past 8 years or so, Unaka has lost slightly over a 3rd of its total enrollment. That and in my opinion, the feeder programs haven't had strong, STABLE coaching staffs for over a decade.

didn't realize the enrollment dropped that much. It seems like a lot of the jr high guys aren't staying together in high school either. We has 7 8th graders the year I coached at the jr high and I think by their senior year only 2 still played ball.

didn't realize the enrollment dropped that much. It seems like a lot of the jr high guys aren't staying together in high school either. We has 7 8th graders the year I coached at the jr high and I think by their senior year only 2 still played ball.

IMO, it all starts in the youth clubs! Maybe not every HS player played in YC, but it helps build future competitive teams...IF the YC boards are strongly behind the programs and they seek good coaches!

I'm glad because it sure beats what we had.Lucas is just going to get better and Dugger has been a great coach for a long time.Pujo Hampton will be fine.

They all just need to get on the same page and play as one. I think we may have a small dose of the Green Eyed Monster.