Huntingdon Mustangs 2015

stangfan89

2014 Seniors thank you for your efforts, time, and talents in the continuation of building the Mustang Tradition.  Football is tradition: tailgating, food/fun under the Friday Night Lights.  Its competition, life lessons, character, determination, and the essence of Team.  A successful team supports teammates and contributes gladly when they get the opportunity and supports a team member when they do something good or more importantly pick them up when they fail.  

You want football players to want to play, be confident and be competitive, but not arrogant and blindly selfish dividing the team.  Hopefully the Administration, Teachers, Coaching Staff, Players, Parents and fan base come together this off season with a strong bond and everyone rallies to the goal of going all the way to State in 2015 through the new district.  2015 Stangs, GOOD luck for a healthy offseason and can't wait until next year Friday Night Lights, even though we'll have to pack lunch pails to travel to the games.  Hope our fan base travels well to the new venues which I suspect we will.  

• Upvote 1

Going to be a interesting season this year losing some great seniors but still got plenty of talent that already has some experience and some other kids hungry to get the ball as well.  We are moving down to 1A and are going to probably be in a big district.  This isn't the final region, as they are going to show the proposed regions to the T$$AA Thursday however this is what it our district is looking like so far:

Region 6

Clarksville Academy

Collinwood

Hollow Rock-Bruceton

Houston Co.

Huntingdon

McEwen

Perry Co.

Wayne Co.

If we can hold onto the football better as some people been talking bout how we hold onto the ball which I agree with, keep our heads straight taking every game seriously, stay injury free, and play all 4 quarters week in and week out I can honestly see us getting 1st or 2nd in the district pretty easily with a few tough opponents.  Going to be lots of traveling though.  I will try to talk more about this soon and try to edit this post so the district will be on first page when the final region is going to be, but it should be something like this.

2014 Seniors thank you for your efforts, time, and talents in the continuation of building the Mustang Tradition.  Football is tradition: tailgating, food/fun under the Friday Night Lights.  Its competition, life lessons, character, determination, and the essence of Team.  A successful team supports teammates and contributes gladly when they get the opportunity and supports a team member when they do something good or more importantly pick them up when they fail.  

You want football players to want to play, be confident and be competitive, but not arrogant and blindly selfish dividing the team.  Hopefully the Administration, Teachers, Coaching Staff, Players, Parents and fan base come together this off season with a strong bond and everyone rallies to the goal of going all the way to State in 2015 through the new district.  2015 Stangs, GOOD luck for a healthy offseason and can't wait until next year Friday Night Lights, even though we'll have to pack lunch pails to travel to the games.  Hope our fan base travels well to the new venues which I suspect we will.  

Great post!!

i'll be the first to say i'm disappointed huntingdon didn't elect to move up and play in 2-a class.i think the level of competition in 2-a in our area is at a higher level than 1-a,the travel to games in middle tennessee is not condusive to our fanbase (even though our fans travel well),our gate at home games will suffer because the teams we will play will not bring more than the parents of their players, we won't have the oppurtunity to play our rivals because they will be hard to schedule,and if we were in 2-a most of those points i've made would be moot. just my opinion.

This is a horrible district travel wise for the Mustangs. I wonder if the Stangs and Dawgs will be able to continue our annual tilt. A shame to see it discontinued. The travel you guys are looking at is just too much. Few natural rivalries in the district. Good luck and hopefully we can still match up next year.

It is horrible, we don't even know the mascots or more importantly the good restaurants in these foreign cities across the river.  I would be devastated to loose Milan, Mckenzie, & Camden games; we've played them for decades and truly electric games and current rivalries that matter to all fans on both sides.  Shame.

LOL, its a consperiacy, I've said ever since Tyler Warbrittons senior year, when they placed Huntingdon, Wayne, & Perry County in the same quad of brackets 9/1 & 10/0 records and 6/4 teams vs each other, in other quad they were after Huntingdon then.  T$$AA, could be MET$$AA, no West interest in mind for sure.