Huntingdon Mustangs 2015

stangfan89

i'll be the first to say i'm disappointed huntingdon didn't elect to move up and play in 2-a class.i think the level of competition in 2-a in our area is at a higher level than 1-a,the travel to games in middle tennessee is not condusive to our fanbase (even though our fans travel well),our gate at home games will suffer because the teams we will play will not bring more than the parents of their players, we won't have the oppurtunity to play our rivals because they will be hard to schedule,and if we were in 2-a most of those points i've made would be moot. just my opinion.

I would like to say Huntingdon played well against Trenton and did pretty good in 2A this year. However after watching them closely over the past 5 years I don't see them being able to compete at that level any longer. They are starting to hit the down slope in size and talent. Coaching and tradition has kept them up a lot but I don't know how long it will last. Several area 1A teams are on the rise and building programs. Huntingdon is no longer the powerhouse they once were. I think the right move for them is to move to 1A. They have lost to other 1A teams over the past few years and haven't really set themselves apart like they had before.

I would like to say Huntingdon played well against Trenton and did pretty good in 2A this year. However after watching them closely over the past 5 years I don't see them being able to compete at that level any longer. They are starting to hit the down slope in size and talent. Coaching and tradition has kept them up a lot but I don't know how long it will last. Several area 1A teams are on the rise and building programs. Huntingdon is no longer the powerhouse they once were. I think the right move for them is to move to 1A. They have lost to other 1A teams over the past few years and haven't really set themselves apart like they had before.

Champion 1 you are entitled your opinion, as we all are, which my forecast for Huntingdon wins vs yours are starkly different.  let me know what school you support and lets compare your wins to Mustangs after the next 6 seasons.  

Coach Wallace and the Hunt middle school have lost only one game in 4 seasons (27-1) and will go undefeated this coming season as well.  Union Citys dominate group that just won back to back titles was their first youth football group to play all 4 years of peewee.  Huntingdons Soph class will be the first Huntingdon Group that started in 3rd grade & play all four years.  the wins have already shown at the middle school level and it will show at the highshcool level next season.  Next football season Senior Class was the start of the dominate Middle school run and Huntingdon has some of it best talent coming up with a real big senior line, so not so fast my friend predicting stang gloom and doom to fast.

Edited by stangfan89

Anybody seen the 2015 schedule

Not sure what week they got off but heard the schedule is this:

Camden away

Collingwood away 

Milan away

Perry County home

McKenzie home

Houston County  home

Mcewen away

Clarkville County home

Wayne County away

close season with Bruceton at home

Not completely confident this is it but I believe this person would know.  I will try to get on here again soon but will probably be taking Christmas break now.  So if you dont hear from me again GO MUSTANGS!!!!!!!  & MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!  I will try to be on as soon as possible after christmas maybe before but unlikely.

Got on just to say I head bye week is week 1 we have week 1 through 11 so that'd mean no bye week we just play later might be a little disadvantage against Camden if they dont have the same week but if it is true then at least week off wont mess us up like last season bye weeks are curses except for lettting people rest out in my opinion.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!