Chris McNeal Jackson Southside

bballguru1

Chris is a hard worker on and off the court. He still a kid but knows when to turn it on and off. Been watching him since he was in middle school and like other posts state, i knew he'd be special. No this is not a push for him to get MR Basketball but it would be nice to go along with Sectionals, State Runner Up and State Champ on his resume! Great job Chris Keep up the grind!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On yahoo sports and 247 it shows he had several mid major offers, but the one that stood out the most to me was Ole Miss. I wonder if it was ever a committable offer, or Ole Miss backed off or what? I'm just having trouble understanding why a kid would choose WKU over Mississippi.

Its all about fit... People nowadays, that have never experienced how the recruiting process happens, get so caught up in the name of the school. Yes, Ole Miss is SEC ball, but there's much more that goes into the process than just going for the biggest school that offers...

On yahoo sports and 247 it shows he had several mid major offers, but the one that stood out the most to me was Ole Miss. I wonder if it was ever a committable offer, or Ole Miss backed off or what? I'm just having trouble understanding why a kid would choose WKU over Mississippi.

Offer was legit, he got the offer after the state tournament last year, his lead recruiter at ole miss went to Tennessee. At the same time its, all about fit and I believe McNeal could be a future CUSA first teameer, maybe freshman of the year.

Its all about fit... People nowadays, that have never experienced how the recruiting process happens, get so caught up in the name of the school. Yes, Ole Miss is SEC ball, but there's much more that goes into the process than just going for the biggest school that offers...

I'm one of the biggest UT fans alive, but outside of a handful of schools each year, the SEC is usually pretty bad in basketball. Way way more exposure would come for players on the SEC level still though.

Offer was legit, he got the offer after the state tournament last year, his lead recruiter at ole miss went to Tennessee. At the same time its, all about fit and I believe McNeal could be a future CUSA first teameer, maybe freshman of the year.

I understand the whole best fit for him, I really do. I would just think the majority of players would choose the larger school over the mid major more times than not. Maybe he want's to try an be a big fish in a small pond or something. Hopefully he turns into they next Courtney Lee type of caliber player for WKU.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

for those that follow the sport in High School, Chris Mcneal name has been out there for some time, I think I mentioned him two years ago on here in regards to making some noise and getting some serious D1 attention. Had a chance to be one of those top 150 kind of kids, Two more inches he's there. Not sure he is a legit 6'ft either. Some might say otherwise, just my observation.

As far as recruiting. Alot of stuff goes on, if one doesn't really follow colse year in year out (region and nation at large) and gets into the nuts and bolts of how stuff works and what goes on (both good and bad) it basically impossible to explain, especially on a thread like this.

Chris Mcneal is a very good player, especially for the AA level. He should be a significant contributor at WKU, maybe 1/2 into soph or heading into Jr season. Maybe sooner, just never know. I would say this though, just my opinion, while the kid is a baller he isn't the same level player as K Anthony was when at Liberty. Just something simple to think about is all. Again, he should have a good career at WKU, what level of significance no one can really say at this point. WKU and CUSA is a huge step up from Jackson SS.

You have a point about Kendall Anthony but they are 2 different style point guards. I love kendall anthony's game, he is unstoppable. Kendall was quicker,like lightning speed,but both have nice shot, both have a nice handle, both are big time leaders but McNeal is more vocal. McNeal also fills up a stat sheet more than Kendall did. Its only been a few games but McNeal is proving that he can do everything on a basketball court. A big thing is that they both are winners, so there are major differences but there are also similarities.

If McNeal can handle the spotlight, his stock will go up. Like the previous poster said, with Hicks and Barford there, he was comfortable getting his shots as they came to him (and was amazing). There will be times when everyone in the gym will know that he's getting the ball this season...if he can deliver in that situation as well as he did in the support role, he'll get more attention for Mr. Basketball. McNeal can without question shoot the ball, if he can take control of games driving, scoring, and setting up lesser players with easy opportunities, SS just might surprise some people with how good they are without two of the best players in the state last year.

Edited by tradertwo

If McNeal can handle the spotlight, his stock will go up. Like the previous poster said, with Hicks and Barford there, he was comfortable getting his shots as they came to him (and was amazing). There will be times when everyone in the gym will know that he's getting the ball this season...if he can deliver in that situation as well as he did in the support role, he'll get more attention for Mr. Basketball. McNeal can without question shoot the ball, if he can take control of games driving, scoring, and setting up lesser players with easy opportunities, SS just might surprise some people with how good they are without two of the best players in the state last year.

I didn't say overshadowed, you did. His role will be different with this years team...more pressure, and more opportunity to shine.