Hampton/Cloudland

If things work out like I think its going to, don't laugh, we may have the best overall backfield in Carter Co history next season. Gotta put 20 pounds of muscle on a couple of um and the others just need to build more strength and speed. Its an absolute MONSTER in the makings.[/quote It could happen but I still say there will never be another Watson/Taylor combination. That's some tall cotton

That was a heck of a backfield and the line was very good also, I think we'll have 4 outstanding players in the backfield and some quality receivers. I'm telling you ,this could be a MESS.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville used to win because of coaching and talent. They now have built enough tradition to where they still win because of coaching and talent but now they DOMINATE because of tradition , and a winning culture. I personally think community support and $$$ plays a bigger role than the % you have up there too. Nice facilities and people who are willing to make their kids WORK at something and expect something better than mediocre means a ton!

The thing with Maryville that is so often overlooked is the quality and dedication of the the people that handle the feeder programs, i.e. little league through junior high. The kids get to high school knowing the fundamentals of the game.

That said, and I don't guess I have a dog in this fight, I would hate to see the loss of the individual schools.

Well there you are Papaw. I thought you had give CoachT up as a bad habit. Good to hear from ya and for the most part I agree. We(CHS,HHS) can play with local teams and some a little more west but the farther ya get down the road the less likely a win. But nuttin at all wrong with those kids willing to put in the hard work in off season training. That's one thing thats not coached. Either ya got it or ya don't. But when 3-4 works hard year round and the other 25-30 wait til the first day of Summer practice then it hurts the team as a whole. Dont get me wrong I appreciate the heck out of the kids that train hard pretty much all year. Work ethic is hard to find these days seems like. Or maybe its just in RM. But ya never know next year could be Dawgs year to make a trip to Cookeville.

Well there you are Papaw. I thought you had give CoachT up as a bad habit. Good to hear from ya and for the most part I agree. We(CHS,HHS) can play with local teams and some a little more west but the farther ya get down the road the less likely a win. But nuttin at all wrong with those kids willing to put in the hard work in off season training. That's one thing thats not coached. Either ya got it or ya don't. But when 3-4 works hard year round and the other 25-30 wait til the first day of Summer practice then it hurts the team as a whole. Dont get me wrong I appreciate the heck out of the kids that train hard pretty much all year. Work ethic is hard to find these days seems like. Or maybe its just in RM. But ya never know next year could be Dawgs year to make a trip to Cookeville.

Both these teams have had some success in the past, it takes a special group to compete down the road, but it can be done. Our work ethic should be much better this year. Time will tell, but never say never. I guess this is just my opinion but I think this years Lander team had a GREAT shot at going to cookville.

Can you guys, HHS, not schedule some of the tougher schools around you to help prepare for the playoffs? Not Sullivan East, one of the other Sullivan Co teams that will give you a tough game. The positive, with your schedules over the past few years, has been that you will continue to have a high seed in the playoffs. That hasn't really helped the past 5 years. I think pujo is helping push the conditioning program, as are others. That will help, but playing tougher competition is the key.

That's not a bashing or degrading post. Just somebody that knows football, looking at it from outside the program.

Can you guys, HHS, not schedule some of the tougher schools around you to help prepare for the playoffs? Not Sullivan East, one of the other Sullivan Co teams that will give you a tough game. The positive, with your schedules over the past few years, has been that you will continue to have a high seed in the playoffs. That hasn't really helped the past 5 years. I think pujo is helping push the conditioning program, as are others. That will help, but playing tougher competition is the key.

That's not a bashing or degrading post. Just somebody that knows football, looking at it from outside the program.

We'll only have 3 out of region games and its gonna be difficult. We mainly need games that brings in bunches of people. GP will be a challenge and some of the others could be good on any given year. This new thing will only last 2 seasons. Our region will be about the same as your's.

I wasn't thinking about the new Regions. You're right, there will be one or two tough games in your region. Those 3 games OOC will be key over the next 2 yrs. Actually just 2 after you schedule Cloudland.

I can't see this new plan lasting more than 2 years either. Too much travel for a lot of schools, both east and west.