Hampton/Cloudland

I wasn't thinking about the new Regions. You're right, there will be one or two tough games in your region. Those 3 games OOC will be key over the next 2 yrs. Actually just 2 after you schedule Cloudland.

I can't see this new plan lasting more than 2 years either. Too much travel for a lot of schools, both east and west.

Going to be different next year and Ilike it, maybe the varsity will get more playing time. Ithink its hard to battle 4 quarters when you're not used to it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pride, I'd like to see us play Elizabethton and that may well happen...Got to asK yourself the question tho, how many upper division teams around here want to take a chance of losing to Hampton? Not many!

That makes us drive 3hrs plus for the competition you mention...Cause they sure won't drive here!

Then you have no gate =no good equipment =Crappy gear =Poor Mentality

Pride, I'd like to see us play Elizabethton and that may well happen...Got to asK yourself the question tho, how many upper division teams around here want to take a chance of losing to Hampton? Not many!

That makes us drive 3hrs plus for the competition you mention...Cause they sure won't drive here!

Then you have no gate =no good equipment =Crappy gear =Poor Mentality

I know exactly what you're talking about with teams that don't want to lose to a 2A team. We run into the same thing here larger schools that are close to you don't want to take the chance on a game with you. If they beat you, they're supposed to. If they lose, the faithful turn on you and hammer you on losing to a 2A school. It's a risk that not many coaches want to take. Could you imagine the fallout if you guys beat Betsy?

I'm not going on the other thread with this, but I wanted to clear up the perception on why we used the mobile locker room at HHS. The main players are in this room from HHS, so I'll let it ride in here.

It's not b/c we're "too good" to use your visitors locker room. We did our pregame in your locker room. It was spacious and more than adequate. We use that same portable locker room at our home games. So if using it means we are too good to use your locker room, it also means we are too good to use our own locker room. The trailer allows us to get it close to the field and not waste 5 mins walking to the locker room. We can get started immediately on adjustments, equipment, etc.

You guys have a nice visitors locker room. I've been in a few that were sketchy at best, but your locker room wasn't one of them. I know it hit a nerve on pujo and a few others. What you just read is exactly why we used (and use) the portable locker room. Nothing more, nothing less.

I know exactly what you're talking about with teams that don't want to lose to a 2A team. We run into the same thing here larger schools that are close to you don't want to take the chance on a game with you. If they beat you, they're supposed to. If they lose, the faithful turn on you and hammer you on losing to a 2A school. It's a risk that not many coaches want to take. Could you imagine the fallout if you guys beat Betsy?

Eliz knows that we stand a very good chance of beating them next year...They probably wouldn't consider it, but the new facilities means they need BIG gates....As for the other stuff, oh well, it's all good!

Good to hear from ya

I'm not going on the other thread with this, but I wanted to clear up the perception on why we used the mobile locker room at HHS. The main players are in this room from HHS, so I'll let it ride in here.

It's not b/c we're "too good" to use your visitors locker room. We did our pregame in your locker room. It was spacious and more than adequate. We use that same portable locker room at our home games. So if using it means we are too good to use your locker room, it also means we are too good to use our own locker room. The trailer allows us to get it close to the field and not waste 5 mins walking to the locker room. We can get started immediately on adjustments, equipment, etc.

You guys have a nice visitors locker room. I've been in a few that were sketchy at best, but your locker room wasn't one of them. I know it hit a nerve on pujo and a few others. What you just read is exactly why we used (and use) the portable locker room. Nothing more, nothing less.

Glad you cleared that up Pride, I feel a little better about the situation now.

The "perception" is terrible with that thing. The intent and purpose is good. The way it comes off is bad and unless the truth is told, people feel the way you guys did on the other thread about it. There's a ton of Hampton folks that feel the same way, but will never read the truth behind it, b/c they're not on the T.

I can promise you this, there's a TON more space in your visitors locker room than there is in that trailer. We're lucky to have a parent willing to let us use it.

Edited by gcapride

GBs new fieldhouse is 10 yrds from the field,bet u still wont use it.