GC Westview

pioneer42

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just left the GC Westview game. Amazing how losing Reechis and others put Westview in young zone real quick. GC won big but these two have a ton of young talent coming up and both will be good a while.

Gibson played extremely well, Westview played poorly. Gibson and Westview will be tough teams at tournament time. Gibson is good enough to make it to Murfreesboro as long as they avoid Middleton in sub-state. Westview is extremely young but very talented. It's a long season, will be interesting to see how both of these teams play throughout the season.

The GC pressure created a lot of TO's. I tell you the girl I am really impressed with so for for GC is the Smithson kid. She is one of those scrappy players that ends up with 10-12 points, creates TO's, rebounds well and has good basketball smarts. She is not their best player but she is exceeding expectations. GC looking good so far. We need to work on breaking pressure and we will be even better.

Gibson played extremely well, Westview played poorly. Gibson and Westview will be tough teams at tournament time. Gibson is good enough to make it to Murfreesboro as long as they avoid Middleton in sub-state. Westview is extremely young but very talented. It's a long season, will be interesting to see how both of these teams play throughout the season.

I was kind of shocked by that outcome as well. I haven't seen Westview since last year, but expected a much closer game. Gibson County looked pretty sharp and some players have stepped up. I didn't know exactly what Westview was doing with all of their lineup changes, they had a couple of runs and then they would change. I know a few of those girls from AAU and they are pretty solid players. Must be a new system, but I figure they will get it fixed.

I was kind of shocked by that outcome as well. I haven't seen Westview since last year, but expected a much closer game. Gibson County looked pretty sharp and some players have stepped up. I didn't know exactly what Westview was doing with all of their lineup changes, they had a couple of runs and then they would change. I know a few of those girls from AAU and they are pretty solid players. Must be a new system, but I figure they will get it fixed.

Westview will be fine. They're a young team. They'll look good at times this year and bad at times. Haskins is a good coach and will have them playing good ball when it matters. It's interesting you know those kids from AAU... I'm sure me and you might know each other pretty well.

Westview will be fine. They're a young team. They'll look good at times this year and bad at times. Haskins is a good coach and will have them playing good ball when it matters. It's interesting you know those kids from AAU... I'm sure me and you might know each other pretty well.

I agree. I've been involved with AAU for over a decade, but never a CoachT"er" until recently. Jackson, Memphis, or Franklin??

Westview's young talent looked good this summer. And their future is extremely bright. But losing Reechis this year along with the others might be too much for being a serious contender in M boro. I had them being a serious contender with Reechis.

Westview's young talent looked good this summer. And their future is extremely bright. But losing Reechis this year along with the others might be too much for being a serious contender in M boro. I had them being a serious contender with Reechis.

They will not be a serious contender in Mboro this year. They are young this year but will be making noise next year. They have a 6'2" 8th grade post player who moves better than any big girl I have seen in a while and is smooth around the basket. They also have a guard who is quick as lightning. Put those two with their freshman point guard they have now and a few of their other current Freshmen-Juniors and they will be solid for the next few years.

They will not be a serious contender in Mboro this year. They are young this year but will be making noise next year. They have a 6'2" 8th grade post player who moves better than any big girl I have seen in a while and is smooth around the basket. They also have a guard who is quick as lightning. Put those two with their freshman point guard they have now and a few of their other current Freshmen-Juniors and they will be solid for the next few years.

Agreed.... Deja is going to be good for the next 4 years at Westview as well. She's 6'3 and has improved her game just in the short time frame I have seen her play. She's playing limited varsity action, but played well in the JV game against Dyer Co. making some impressive moves on the block. With Deja at 6'3 and Raegan at 6'2 in the post, Tasia at PG, throw in the 8th grade guard that's at Martin Middle, Westview is going to be stacked in AA for awhile. If you're going to beat them, it better be this year....

Agreed.... Deja is going to be good for the next 4 years at Westview as well. She's 6'3 and has improved her game just in the short time frame I have seen her play. She's playing limited varsity action, but played well in the JV game against Dyer Co. making some impressive moves on the block. With Deja at 6'3 and Raegan at 6'2 in the post, Tasia at PG, throw in the 8th grade guard that's at Martin Middle, Westview is going to be stacked in AA for awhile. If you're going to beat them, it better be this year....

Reagan has the potential to be very good with a little work. If someone would work with her in the off season & teach her how to jump she could be very dangerous at the high school level. She has a big advantage right now with all the girls on the county teams being small. I haven't seen an 8th grade point guard at Martin that I'm particularly impressed with. Now Tasia on the other hand is the real deal. Haskins is an outstanding coach and will have these girls ready by tournament time no doubt. 

Reagan has the potential to be very good with a little work. If someone would work with her in the off season & teach her how to jump she could be very dangerous at the high school level. She has a big advantage right now with all the girls on the county teams being small. I haven't seen an 8th grade point guard at Martin that I'm particularly impressed with. Now Tasia on the other hand is the real deal. Haskins is an outstanding coach and will have these girls ready by tournament time no doubt. 

I still remember when Haskins coached the boys team a few years back, but didn't really keep up with that school or how they did. I was really impressed with GC, but unless I'm missing something or just watched them on a "bad" night---I didn't see anything really special about Westview. I've watched GC for a long time and see their system and how it works, but I couldn't figure out what Westview was trying to do. The PG has pretty good ball handling skills, but I believe committed 10 or 11 turnovers according to the stat keepers. I didn't see any outside presence, like they've had in the past and they looked out of sync. GC is for real and they should be contending for a region title and state appearance...again. With all of that, good luck to Westview and continue marching on GC.