15 A Girls Basketball

ReitzFan

As history has proven, anything can happen during the course of a season.  But assuming all the teams are able to maintain their roster and not lose any key players to injury or other reasons, then my current thoughts are:

I think Middleton is clearly the favorite and should be able to control their on destiny.  However, I believe that are 2 or 3 teams that could sneak up on Middleton if Middleton does not maintain their focus and forgets to bring their "A" game.

I think Riverside and Scotts Hill may fight it out for 2nd and 3rd.  Riverside only lost 1 starter from the good team they had last year.  Scotts Hill lost 4 starters from last year's team but I think they will have a good young team that could prove to very competitive once they get some game experience under their belts.

I think TCA should fall in about 4th but could prove to be a real challenger for the 2nd or 3rd position as they have some good key players returning from last year's team.

I think Madison may come in about 5th depending on the play they get from Smith and Murphy and the supporting cast. 

I think JCS and Adamsville may duke it out for the 6 and 7 position.  JCS lost 5 or 6 seniors from last year's team and Adamsville will need to prove that they can compete this year but could prove to be a spoiler for a few teams.

As always, I think there's going to be some good basketball games to see in district 15A this year.  Good luck to all the teams.  Stay healthy, play hard and play with good sportsmanship.  

Riverside will challenge Middleton. Girls are hungry and well coached. TCA will be real good too. I went and watched Adamsville play Monday night and they could surprise folks. 5 is a force if under control and got a couple of subs that could play for any 15a team. I think Madison will be better than you think and they play have the games at oman arena which is an advantage. This will be a very hard fought basketball season. Riverside vs Middleton for the championship

1. Middleton

2. Riverside

3. Scotts Hill

4. Trinity

5. Adamsville

6. Madison

7. JC

1,2 and 3 are a lock. Four thru 7 could go either way. One or two bad games and 4-7 could flip upside down.

One and two most likely (Riverside won't challenge Middleton though)...Scotts Hill may be getting too much credit at three, they're not just young, they're inexperienced as well. TCA could give Riverside a fight for 2'nd, or fall to 5 or 6. Adamsville is the wild card...they have one very good player and some athletic girls to compliment, but in the game that I saw they couldn't hit water if they shot from a bridge. The only thing that matters in the regular season is avoiding Middleton's side of the bracket to advance to regional's.

Substate games will be played at Middleton and a 14A site, probably Gibson Co...Riverside is the only other 15A team with any shot at the top 14A schools.

My humble opinion based on pre district game performances only

1. Middleton

2. Riverside

3 thru 5: take your pick Scotts Hill, TCA, JCS

6 & 7: take your pick Adamsville, Madison

Scotts Hill started strong at 6-1 including a 20pt win over Chester Co, but a loss at Frank Hughes and now a stretch vs. Lexington (undef), Riverside, and Middleton (undef) could have us near .500 by mid next week.

My humble opinion based on pre district game performances only

1. Middleton

2. Riverside

3 thru 5: take your pick Scotts Hill, TCA, JCS

6 & 7: take your pick Adamsville, Madison

Scotts Hill started strong at 6-1 including a 20pt win over Chester Co, but a loss at Frank Hughes and now a stretch vs. Lexington (undef), Riverside, and Middleton (undef) could have us near .500 by mid next week.

If the young Lady Lions compete every game as they did tonight, and someone steps up their outside game they will be tough come tourney time. Not going to improve enough to take Middleton's best shot, but everyone else had better bring their A game. The future looks bright from the group of freshmen too, they held their own for some long stretches tonight against a good Lexington team...not mop up duty either... in the first half, with the lead, against their starters...very impressive.

Edited by tradertwo

I've got Middleton winning the state championship this year. In my opinion, this years Middleton team might be better than last years Union City team. Middleton played Union City to the wire last year and it took a basket with only a few seconds left in the game for Union City to win. Middleton has tons of athleticism, size, and skill.