Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

I think I seen several long runs this year. I only went to maybe 5 Oak Ridge games.  #6 and 29 both broke some long ones. I know i seen #15 break some long ones and I would challenge anyone against him in a race. Most teams played with 2 safeties which can effect long runs.  The better question is how many times have you seen Oak Ridge RBs get caught from behind?

My grandson just said Allison is pretty fast and a very good athlete. He said he is a great basketball player too. He also says the kid from Jefferson name is Caylin. 

Caylin? That the last name or first? Allison isn't what I would call slow, but he definitely isn't what I would call fast. Summers wasn't even what I would call real fast, but I would take him over any back I have ever seen at the HS level because he was tough as pine knot! Gulmire as well. They were just different colors, but so similar IMO. Both were the best Linebackers on their respected teams too, which makes them even that much more impressive.

Edited by SweetScience

Summers was head and shoulders above any back Oak Ridge has had. Gulmire was awesome especially aganst Farragut but who can forget the games Summers had against Knoxville Central and Gallatin. That guy deserves to be mentioned with only one other player, Jackie Pope.

I must add my father (RIP) always said Dave Griffith was the best. When I was at ORHS from 1979 - 1982 my favorite was my friend Kim Pettus.

Most people know Oak Ridge and Chattanooga Central had epic battles in the 1950's and 1960's. Often playing for a state championship and in 1958 playing for a national championship.

When I met and married my wife in 2001 we lived in the house that Chattanooga Central's coach Red Etter lived in during those games. I would go down in the basement and try and see if his ghost might disaprove of an Oak Ridger living in his house but got no signs from him LOL.

I miss those days in Red Bank because Hixson is boring. My wife wants to move to Soddy Daisy but that would be worse although it would be a heck of a lot better than Hooterville where Passive Aggresive is from lol.

I think I seen several long runs this year. I only went to maybe 5 Oak Ridge games. #6 and 29 both broke some long ones. I know i seen #15 break some long ones and I would challenge anyone against him in a race. Most teams played with 2 safeties which can effect long runs. The better question is how many times have you seen Oak Ridge RBs get caught from behind?

If you saw long runs by Oak Ridge then you're talking about Bonds or Hall on interception returns or punt returns. Warrington had the longest run I remember on offense and he rarely played. I can't remember a back having a run over 25 yards, if even that long.

Summers was head and shoulders above any back Oak Ridge has had. Gulmire was awesome especially aganst Farragut but who can forget the games Summers had against Knoxville Central and Gallatin. That guy deserves to be mentioned with only one other player, Jackie Pope.

I must add my father (RIP) always said Dave Griffith was the best. When I was at ORHS from 1979 - 1982 my favorite was my friend Kim Pettus.

I do agree Summers was the best. One of my favorites was Shawn Williams when I was in school. I don't think I ever saw him fumble or come out hurt ever. We've had some awesome ones through the years.

Caylin? That the last name or first? Allison isn't what I would call slow, but he definitely isn't what I would call fast. Summers wasn't even what I would call real fast, but I would take him over any back I have ever seen at the HS level because he was tough as pine knot! Gulmire as well. They were just different colors, but so similar IMO. Both were the best Linebackers on their respected teams too, which makes them even that much more impressive.

number 1 was great as a running back - but he was a beast at LB. maybe the best ever.. I could be wrong, but I think Jackson and Simpson will be needed to help carry the load next year .

number 1 was great as a running back - but he was a beast at LB. maybe the best ever.. I could be wrong, but I think Jackson and Simpson will be needed to help carry the load next year .

Spence was a great LB, but best ever is stretching it JMO. Been a long line of top notch LB's come through OR through the years. I can't remember if Caldwell played LB in HS, but he went on to have a really good career in the NFL as a LB. Eric Thomas(All ACC @ GA Tech), Johnny Burgess, Brad Redmond, Summers, James Mitchell, James Cobb, and the list goes on. Speaking of Jackson. As an 8th grader he had the build already of a HS kid. That kid is going to be scary on a good weight program.

Edited by SweetScience

Spence was a great LB, but best ever is stretching it JMO. Been a long line of top notch LB's come through OR through the years. I can't remember if Caldwell played LB in HS, but he went on to have a really good career in the NFL as a LB. Eric Thomas(All ACC @ GA Tech), Johnny Burgess, Brad Redmond, Summers, James Mitchell, James Cobb, and the list goes on. Speaking of Jackson. As an 8th grader he had the build already of a HS kid. That kid is going to be scary on a good weight program.

What they did in the NFL,/college is great.. What they did in high school may not have compared to number one

What they did in the NFL,/college is great.. What they did in high school may not have compared to number one

I agree, but if you want to go on numbers alone James Mitchell is the best LB ever to suit up for the Wildcats. He had 361 total tackles as a Wildcat. Spencer is a distant 2nd @ 198. Mitchell was a tackling machine. But, considering Spencer went both ways is very impressive with those numbers. One tough hombre.