Oak Ridge 2015

SweetScience

So you are saying that previous coaches didn't coach Darel? Come on now. OR had a SC team last year and fell short. Anything less than a SC this season will be a travesty. Sorry to ORcat Double S but that's the way I see it.

Travesty? We won our last SC 24 years ago and it's a travesty if we don't win one? You're crazy man

Another new poster talking about the Wing T. Big shocker.

Look if every record at ORHS hadn't been not only broken but blown away running a different system I wouldn't have anything to argue. But the wing T is tried and true. The problem is the lack of speed and lack of coaching to be able to run it.

It's the whole reason Tennessee fired fulmer. He ran the I and when he had the team and coaches in order to run it, it was unstoppable. He could tell the other team "here it comes" and they still couldn't stop it.. We had that at OR.. We have since lost that.. And the reason IMO is the lack of coaching and the lack of speed. That's all I'm trying to say

Look if every record at ORHS hadn't been not only broken but blown away running a different system I wouldn't have anything to argue. But the wing T is tried and true. The problem is the lack of speed and lack of coaching to be able to run it.

It's the whole reason Tennessee fired fulmer. He ran the I and when he had the team and coaches in order to run it, it was unstoppable. He could tell the other team "here it comes" and they still couldn't stop it.. We had that at OR.. We have since lost that.. And the reason IMO is the lack of coaching and the lack of speed. That's all I'm trying to say

No coaching? No speed? We don't have "breakaway" speed but our speed is pretty good. You're really brilliant. Funny guy.....

Actually what he said is true. The Wing T doesn't bother me at all. Teams win with it all across the state.

Well, we aren't running it so it really doesn't matter, although I agree with you. I just personally don't like it but whatever. I just want to win. I don't care if we run the hokie pokie formation as long as we win.

Edited by SweetScience

I doubt Gaddis would let this out the bag if he was thinking it. Maybe one of his coaches said something outside about it but I doubt Gaddis would be broadcasting this outside so it may not even be true. It doesn't make since for what's returning but I understand a couple of things that we all should think about.First

1. There is no guarantee that this is true.

2. Gaddis is thinking about not just this year but what he needs to sustain a program over time. Tee Higgins will be gone eventually. Getting 6'4 kids that's as athletic as he is, is not common.

3. Most offensive schemes now a days have bits and pieces of everything. You can mix to fit your program

4. They have good coaches with a lot of experience.

5. Gaddis has other offenses before.

6. He used to be an I guy, now spread guy and through all has been successful so IF he is using the wing T or a form of double wing I would bet he knows 1st his coaches can coach it, 2nd it doesn't go away from the offensive system (the way they call plays, hole assignments) and 3rd it will fit the kids in his system in the future to come.

Great post. It makes sense

I guess the most confusing part of all of this for me is the fact that we had the size/speed/ and talent, obviously since 5 players signed scholarships to play college ball. And still with all that we struggled throughout the playoffs to move the ball? How does that not fall back on coaching?