Whitwell 2015 Tentative Schedule

CoachRCHelton

For those interested, here is our tentative schedule for the 2015 Whitwell Tigers. We hope to see you at Holtcamp Field.

Grundy County              08/21/15

@ Sequatchie County   08/28/15

@ Davidson County      09/04/15

@ Bledsoe County        09/11/15

Lookout Valley*             09/18/15

BYE WEEK                    09/25/15

@ Grace Baptist*          10/02/15

@ South Pittsburg*       10/09/15

Sale Creek*                  10/16/15

Columbia Academy      10/23/15

Copper Basin*              10/30/15

* = Region Games

All games are pending final contract signatures.

For those interested, here is our tentative schedule for the 2015 Whitwell Tigers. We hope to see you at Holtcamp Field.

Grundy County              08/21/15

@ Sequatchie County   08/28/15

@ Davidson County      09/04/15

@ Bledsoe County        09/11/15

Lookout Valley*             09/18/15

BYE WEEK                    09/25/15

@ Grace Baptist*          10/02/15

@ South Pittsburg*       10/09/15

Sale Creek*                  10/16/15

Columbia Academy      10/23/15

Copper Basin*              10/30/15

* = Region Games

All games are pending final contract signatures.

I think Whitwell will go 9-1 with a loss to South Pittsburg and finishing #1 in the Region. I think Copper Basin goes 8-2 with losses to Coalfield and Whitwell. I think South Pittsburg will go 7-3 with losses to Marion County,Whitwell and Copper Basin.

Edited by BigDave1967

Thanks pujo. The young men in our program invested themselves to the extent necessary to be successful. They've grown physically and intellectually and have begun a process of transformation and elevated expectations.

We have a very good staff of hard working men (Coaches: Atterton, Cabell, Easterly, Mosier, and Weiss) that are excellent role models and put in many hours. I ask a lot of them (during the Summer as well for 4 days a week in our Strength and Conditioning Program).

We have a new Principal that has been very supportive and understands what is necessary to facilitate success and has been a part of the community her whole life. We have an Assistant Principal that has been a tremendous resource to me and our entire program and also understands what it takes.

We had a very supportive QB Club that helped keep the young men fed to have sustainable energy for the practice sessions and games and help out with the extra items necessary to run a program.

We had members of the community that stepped up and donated funds toward new helmets (40), shoulder pads (40), and team cleats (40) because they believe in what we're doing and how we're going about it.  

It is extremely tough when you have to play 8 or 9 guys both ways, but in the words of Coach Bryant... "Tough times don't last, but tough people do."

We are optimistic about the upcoming year. I feel truly blessed to have young men, coaches, administration, support staff and families that are willing to put in the time and energy to get it done.

I also am fortunate to have a beautiful and supportive wife who understands what and why I do the things that I do.  

We are building a program and I believe Whitwell is a special place with tremendous potential. #RedCollarWorkEthic #WhitwellFootball #TigerTown 

We appreciate that you've noticed. If you ever get down this way, please stop in for a game. If you send me a PM, I will put you on the pass list for the game of your choice. Thank you.

Thanks pujo. The young men in our program invested themselves to the extent necessary to be successful. They've grown physically and intellectually and have begun a process of transformation and elevated expectations.

We have a very good staff of hard working men (Coaches: Atterton, Cabell, Easterly, Mosier, and Weiss) that are excellent role models and put in many hours. I ask a lot of them (during the Summer as well for 4 days a week in our Strength and Conditioning Program).

We have a new Principal that has been very supportive and understands what is necessary to facilitate success and has been a part of the community her whole life. We have an Assistant Principal that has been a tremendous resource to me and our entire program and also understands what it takes.

We had a very supportive QB Club that helped keep the young men fed to have sustainable energy for the practice sessions and games and help out with the extra items necessary to run a program.

We had members of the community that stepped up and donated funds toward new helmets (40), shoulder pads (40), and team cleats (40) because they believe in what we're doing and how we're going about it.  

It is extremely tough when you have to play 8 or 9 guys both ways, but in the words of Coach Bryant... "Tough times don't last, but tough people do."

We are optimistic about the upcoming year. I feel truly blessed to have young men, coaches, administration, support staff and families that are willing to put in the time and energy to get it done.

I also am fortunate to have a beautiful and supportive wife who understands what and why I do the things that I do.  

We are building a program and I believe Whitwell is a special place with tremendous potential. #RedCollarWorkEthic #WhitwellFootball #TigerTown 

We appreciate that you've noticed. If you ever get down this way, please stop in for a game. If you send me a PM, I will put you on the pass list for the game of your choice. Thank you.

Looking forward to Copper Basin playing Whitwell for the next 4 years or so. Should be a very interesting Region with Copper Basin,South Pittsburg and Whitwell

I always liked the rivalry with the tigers. To bad it didn't work out but maybe in a couple more years it will work again. Seven region games is a lot, or at least I feel like anyway. That limits what you can schedule with natural rivals. Leaves not enough slots and I guess which ones work out is who you play. I had rather play whitwell than Grundy but it is what it is. Maybe we can scrimmage you guys or something.

And a HUGE thank you from me, Its easy to see that you and all you're support have really elevated the program. I keep up alot and have gained alot of respect for you guys and whats taking place. I'll be pulling for you guys every single game next year. In my opinion Whitwell is fortunate to have a quality Coach and person at the Helm. Sounds like you are also fortunate to have the great support from all around you. Have a great off season and come out firing.

I think Whitwell will go 9-1 with a loss to South Pittsburg and finishing #1 in the Region. I think Copper Basin goes 8-2 with losses to Coalfield and Whitwell. I think South Pittsburg will go 7-3 with losses to Marion County,Whitwell and Copper Basin.

Check yourself into rehab.