Henry County 2015

ToBeHonest

The running back position will be a key spot to watch next year.  Some exciting play makers coming up, but they are not what HC is used to seeing the past few years.  They will have big play ability on the edges, but may struggle between the tackles due to lack of size.  Games at any level are won by the hogs up front. Defensively the line still looks stout as ever, with guys who have been playing a great deal for a couple years now.  The offensive line will have to develop leadership amongst themselves in order to give those young backs space to work.

The running back position will be a key spot to watch next year.  Some exciting play makers coming up, but they are not what HC is used to seeing the past few years.  They will have big play ability on the edges, but may struggle between the tackles due to lack of size.  Games at any level are won by the hogs up front. Defensively the line still looks stout as ever, with guys who have been playing a great deal for a couple years now.  The offensive line will have to develop leadership amongst themselves in order to give those young backs space to work.

Will be interesting to see if HC starts favoring more spread sets again.  The personnel will be there.   

James Counce Sr running a spread offense, not in this lifetime.

My thoughts as well. Just a hypothetical scenario to think about.  High school personnel is a much more static thing than college.  Sometimes you have to make the scheme fit your talents, rather than your talents fit the scheme.  Not necessarily a complete overhaul, but I wouldn't be that surprised to see more 2x2 looks.   

Edited by RedSwarm

James Counce Sr running a spread offense, not in this lifetime.

An all out spread offense? I agree, probably not. But having different spread sets and variations thrown in? I could definitely see it.

In addition to having smaller, quick backs, we'll also likely be much more mobile at QB than we were this year, which brings the read option back into the equation.

Like I said, I don't expect to see an all out spread offense next season, but I do expect to see the kids in the best position to make plays, whether it means getting to the edge as much as possible, slicing teams up the middle, or both.

Any opinions on the new region? Not sure what to make of Brentwood at the moment, but Centennial was really solid this year. Also have Dickson County back in the fold. I know the extra travel sucks, but at least we'll have a couple of better gates lol

Also saw where Gallatin was added to the non-region schedule. Anybody know who might fill the other two spots? I hope Liberty is one. Pretty much the closest thing we have to a rivalry nowadays.

Any opinions on the new region? Not sure what to make of Brentwood at the moment, but Centennial was really solid this year. Also have Dickson County back in the fold. I know the extra travel sucks, but at least we'll have a couple of better gates lol

Also saw where Gallatin was added to the non-region schedule. Anybody know who might fill the other two spots? I hope Liberty is one. Pretty much the closest thing we have to a rivalry nowadays.

I heard Liberty is one but that's not confirmed.

I have heard from here and also some Rhea County people there is talk of this game happening for the next 2 years at a halfway point. Has anyone else heard of an HC and Rhea match-up?

Pretty sure about Liberty and Gallatin. Had heard Rhea County but not the halfway point rumor; seems to be a pretty remote possibility. Memphis buy in ???

GO BIG RED

Edited by olddevil

An all out spread offense? I agree, probably not. But having different spread sets and variations thrown in? I could definitely see it.

In addition to having smaller, quick backs, we'll also likely be much more mobile at QB than we were this year, which brings the read option back into the equation.

Like I said, I don't expect to see an all out spread offense next season, but I do expect to see the kids in the best position to make plays, whether it means getting to the edge as much as possible, slicing teams up the middle, or both.

I hope any changes to our base offensive occurs earlier than they did this season.

I hope any changes to our base offensive occurs earlier than they did this season.

the base offense never changed. The same plays were ran as have been ran under James Counce in his entire coaching career. The difference was made solely in the sets used to run the plays. Whether the traditional "I" or doubles either side was the set it's still power football