Bradley Central Thanksgiving Classic

baconbreath

The 15th annual Holiday Inn Express Thanksgiving Classic will be held at Bradley Central starting today. The McMinn Central Chargerettes will be taking on the Lady Hawks of Hamilton Heights out of Chattanooga at 3:00 PM. This game will be followed by the Bradley Central Bearettes hosting Central Park Christian out of Birmingham, AL, at 4:45 PM

On Saturday the same four teams will be playing beginning at 2:00 PM. The first game will be McMinn Central taking on Central Park Christian and Bradley Central taking on Hamilton Heights at 3:45 PM.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 15th annual Holiday Inn Express Thanksgiving Classic will be held at Bradley Central starting today. The McMinn Central Chargerettes will be taking on the Lady Hawks of Hamilton Heights out of Chattanooga at 3:00 PM. This game will be followed by the Bradley Central Bearettes hosting Central Park Christian out of Birmingham, AL, at 4:45 PM

On Saturday the same four teams will be playing beginning at 2:00 PM. The first game will be McMinn Central taking on Central Park Christian and Bradley Central taking on Hamilton Heights at 3:45 PM.

From what I saw today, Hamilton Heights looked to be the best team, followed by Central and Bradley in a close tie, then Central Park in the distant rear.

Regardless how good they are they are not TSSAA. So it really don't matter. IMO TSSAA high schools shouldn't even be playing them.

As a parent of a Hamilton Heights alum, I agree that it doesn't matter whether Hamilton Heights is the best in the city, the state, or the region. That has never been their goal. The administrator consistenly asks Hawks and Lady Hawks fans to not be derogatory towards other teams or players at games or on forums, and to not get into debates on forums about where they are better than anyone else. He also reminds them that the path they have chosen isn't better or worse than TSSAA, just different. As far as playing TSSAA schools, I believe that most of the time the TSSAA schools they play now are by invitation of the school, not by request of Hamilton Heights. I have heard him say many times that if a TSSAA school does not want to play them, he understands completely. Locally, many times they filll in schedules for teams that are missing a game or two or tournament brackets that need another team. I know the girls have played in the Bradley Central tournament for several years and have had a good relationship with the girls coaching staff at BC.

I was at both days of competition and saw some very good girls basketball. Hamilton Heights beat both McMinn Central (57-51) and Bradley Central (47-41). The 4th team was a very weak team out of Birmingham that was easily beaten by both MCHS and BCHS. HHS and Central Park requested that they not play each other at this event since they play each other this Friday.

The Hamilton Heights girls have participated in this event several different years and they have always been a team that is in control of their emotions. They are a class act from a very small school. Yes, they are private and not a member of the TSSAA and yes they have probably helped to make arrangements for most of these girls to attend there. The vast majority of these are from Europe and Africa. They are very talented and very large height-wise. They are to be commended for their play and composure. Their coaching staff is also first class.

Playing teams with this level of talent can only make you a better team. I think that most of Hamilton Heights' opponents usually contact them to schedule a game.

Edited by baconbreath

Agreed. HH was a very long, quick, and talented team. MC played them close as well as Bradley. It can only help both teams as they move on in their seasons. I dont believe there will be much of a contest when HH plays Central Park. HH very impressive. MC got down early. Missed tons of free throws. Missed many lay ups. But I take nothing away from HH. Very talented. I didnt get to see the HH - Bradley game.

I am guessing that Bradley Central likes to play HH because there have not been many teams in the Chattanooga area that can give them a close game the last few years. BC is rebuilding this year after losing their 2 D1 girls from last years team. Also, BC's leading returning scorer from last year isn't playing yet, due to injury.

Kudos to HH for knowing who they are & not worrying about what others think.

I am guessing that Bradley Central likes to play HH because there have not been many teams in the Chattanooga area that can give them a close game the last few years. BC is rebuilding this year after losing their 2 D1 girls from last years team. Also, BC's leading returning scorer from last year isn't playing yet, due to injury.

Kudos to HH for knowing who they are & not worrying about what others think.

Walker beat Bradley last year early. This year I think the opposite will occur. I think Walker has more talent and are deeper but not very well coached. Bradley has at least 2 coaches girls that will play for them but lack depth. Foul trouble can hurt them. Just as Bradley ended up beating Walker later last year I think Walker will do the same to them this year. Their freshman class has 4 or 5 better than average girls one real good point and a 6 1 or 2 post with about 3 5 ft 7. + girls. The Alomar girl has to slow her game down in school ball. Watch her in AAU. She can play. Two seniors forwards a junior post and a few shooter in soph and junior class. Let them run. I think McMinn Central if they stay healthy beats both Bradley and Walker. Edited by anotherback

Walker beat Bradley last year early. This year I think the opposite will occur. I think Walker has more talent and are deeper but not very well coached. Bradley has at least 2 coaches girls that will play for them but lack depth. Foul trouble can hurt them. Just as Bradley ended up beating Walker later last year I think Walker will do the same to them this year. Their freshman class has 4 or 5 better than average girls one real good point and a 6 1 or 2 post with about 3 5 ft 7. + girls. The Alomar girl has to slow her game down in school ball. Watch her in AAU. She can play. Two seniors forwards a junior post and a few shooter in soph and junior class. Let them run. I think McMinn Central if they stay healthy beats both Bradley and Walker.

yes. Walker beat them once in the last 4 years out of 10+ meetings... I wasn't saying that Bradley had no competition at all the last few years, but in general, their district games the last 4 years have been mostly blowouts, which hasn't helped their State runs the last few years.

I expect Walker to give BCHS all (or more) than they can handle this year, so the comment wasn't to disrespect WV (or anyone), but just to say that I think Bradley has wanted to play HH during the past few seasons to let them play against as many top tier teams as they can.

This was responding more to the person that said the TSSAA teams shouldn't play HH. I was letting them know why (I think) Bradley has scheduled them.