CLASS A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: UNION CITY VS. COALFIELD

JDOGG80

Thank you for the prayers. He missed his junior year after surgery to repair a torn labrum and rotator cuff. He dislocated the same shoulder in Week 0 against Copper Basin and played all year with that injury.

I'll be praying for a successful surgery and recovery for your son as well.

Thank you also for the prayers, these boys are tough!

PCL won't hurt him if he rehabs it. I tore mine and never repaired it but learned to move without it.. However I hope he plays in good weather because it does give me problems in the rain as almost every injury will! Hope he has a healthy recovery!

We found out today that his is completely torn and will have to be repaired, if it had been partially torn then it would repair itself but he wasn't that lucky. His ACL was fine but he has a torn miniscus, probably didn't spell that right, but they will repair it also and it should be healed by the time the PCL is. He will be on crutches for six weeks and will take six months to completely heal depending on how hard he gets to work it in rehab. He can start running on it lightly after three months but they will start rehab after a couple of weeks. Doc says a full recovery is expected and that it was great that the ACL wasn't torn, usually when you tear the PCL you damage one of the other ligaments, especially after playing on it all season. Thanks for all the well wishes!

• 1 month later...