GCA 2015

gcapride

Didn't help Cloudland last year and now they have Knox Catholic ,let not pass Judgement until the season is over.The proof is in the pudding.

You are exactly correct. The proof is in the pudding. Back to back state Semi-Final appearances. I wasn't passing judgement on anything, just stating what I believe to be a fact. Thats not an idea that just popped in my head. Pretty sure a guy around here told me that a long time ago.

You are exactly correct. The proof is in the pudding. Back to back state Semi-Final appearances. I wasn't passing judgement on anything, just stating what I believe to be a fact. Thats not an idea that just popped in my head. Pretty sure a guy around here told me that a long time ago.

I've been around this for many years and while I think you need competitive games, it serves no purpose to schedule teams you can't compete with. Actually its quite the oppisite, kids like being part of a winning team, Getting beat up every week just runs the kids off.

Do you reckon all the beatings you took several years back made you better or do you think it had more to do with getting better players and working harder. 

Reckon if Jellico would schedule Maryville and Alcoa,they would get better. On the other hand do you think its would make Maryville or Alcoa worse. Its about good coaching,hard work and talent,you can't win the Kentucky derby with a mule.

Reckon if Jellico would schedule Maryville and Alcoa,they would get better. On the other hand do you think its would make Maryville or Alcoa worse. Its about good coaching,hard work and talent,you can't win the Kentucky derby with a mule.

You hit the nail on the head. It's good coaching and having really good players. When you have a strong team, you challenge them vs bigger, tougher schools. Our team is like yours, they go on both sides of the ball. These bigger teams run fresh kids in and only play O or D. That's what makes our kids better. We've got our tongues dragging the ground going against a kid that just spent the last series flirting with his girlfriend in the stands with a cold Gatorade in his hand. And our kid has to figure out a way and use his technique to beat that kid. Look, it's not my recipe for success, but it's something that was put in place by the HBC here several years ago. You can't argue with the success.

Just because one believes something to be a fact, does not make said thought a fact.

You know I like ya ole pal, but its off base to act like GCA's success came only from scrimmaging tough competition!

We would have to go back the last 8 years and pull the best linemen to have mirrored the O & D line you had last season.

You didn't get a good game from us due to certain factors...strength of schedule not one of those.

Would I trade any of our backfield for another in 2A? Our DB's? WR's? HECK NO! I'd gladly put em up against the GCA's of 2A!

Around here, the big difference boils down to 11 linemen that can play both ways for 4-qtrs, for an entire season and thru playoffs....That, my friend is the biggest difference

You hit the nail on the head. It's good coaching and having really good players. When you have a strong team, you challenge them vs bigger, tougher schools. Our team is like yours, they go on both sides of the ball. These bigger teams run fresh kids in and only play O or D. That's what makes our kids better. We've got our tongues dragging the ground going against a kid that just spent the last series flirting with his girlfriend in the stands with a cold Gatorade in his hand. And our kid has to figure out a way and use his technique to beat that kid. Look, it's not my recipe for success, but it's something that was put in place by the HBC here several years ago. You can't argue with the success.

Ponder on this,you guys lost  a dang good running back last year,you still had 2 or 3 good ones left. We also got one hurt and we were down to one good back. were in 2 different worlds. You get transfers on a yearly basis ,thats just not the way  our little country school operates, its a rare thing when we get a player from a nearby school. Apples and Oranges. 

Just because one believes something to be a fact, does not make said thought a fact.

You know I like ya ole pal, but its off base to act like GCA's success came only from scrimmaging tough competition!

We would have to go back the last 8 years and pull the best linemen to have mirrored the O & D line you had last season.

You didn't get a good game from us due to certain factors...strength of schedule not one of those.

Would I trade any of our backfield for another in 2A? Our DB's? WR's? HECK NO! I'd gladly put em up against the GCA's of 2A!

Around here, the big difference boils down to 11 linemen that can play both ways for 4-qtrs, for an entire season and thru playoffs....That, my friend is the biggest difference

...and just like Pujo said, we have a back go down, we don't usually have an equal to replace him.

Two years ago, LJ tore up his knee...Last year McClain broke shoulder in 1st game....Both of those were strong come week 9 and the QB breaks his ankle...Take a Michelin off the SUV and replace it with a doughnut tire and see if performance is changed any...It's a very tedious, tight rope walked around here and takes one heck of a coaching staff to keep all balanced...But that's durn near impossible when the injury bug is always nipping at your heels

...and just like Pujo said, we have a back go down, we don't usually have an equal to replace him.

Two years ago, LJ tore up his knee...Last year McClain broke shoulder in 1st game....Both of those were strong come week 9 and the QB breaks his ankle...Take a Michelin off the SUV and replace it with a doughnut tire and see if performance is changed any...It's a very tedious, tight rope walked around here and takes one heck of a coaching staff to keep all balanced...But that's durn near impossible when the injury bug is always nipping at your heels

Oh i have soooo many comments on this but i would be a broken record,heck we dont even play them anymore so OnB will keep them to himself.All i can say is we gave them two of their toughest games on their home turf the last two out of three yrs and still didnt pull out a victory.Good luck with this one fellers! Edited by orngnblk

Oh i have soooo many comments on this but i would be a broken record,heck we dont even play them anymore so OnB will keep them to himself.All i can say is we gave them two of their toughest games on their home turf the last two out of three yrs and still didnt pull out a victory.Good luck with this one fellers!

Coalfield  must have changed their opinion,they go to the state getting blown out by the big boys and now the schedule is MUCH weaker. 

Oh i have soooo many comments on this but i would be a broken record,heck we dont even play them anymore so OnB will keep them to himself.All i can say is we gave them two of their toughest games on their home turf the last two out of three yrs and still didnt pull out a victory.Good luck with this one fellers!

Contrary to popular belief, we were giving GCA a game even with a QB moving on a broken ankle....When the break was made worse during the game, we became one dimensional but even that wasn't the nail in the coffin.

Let see, we fumbled a sure TD pass....They kicked off to us and we stood & looked at the ball on the ground in front of us as GCA picked it up for a score...We drove to the 1 with 1.3 seconds till half time and we tried to spike the ball instead of taking a T.O...And so on...It was a crazy night and those things cant happen against a decent team much less one as well conditioned, talented and well coached as GCA.

But let me say this, I respect GCA and teams like them that increase their intensity as soon as they see blood in the water...Once we got put back on our heels, it was over.