Nashville Christian 2015

NCSUNCLE

Concerning 2014. Can anyone explain why 12 and 35 touched the ball a total of five times?Three of which were on the first drive and accounted for three positive carries for 14 yards. I just do not understand. How do you compete, much less win, without using your best weapons. What am I missing here? Those two didn't get stopped, they never had a chance to start. 1/2 the carries were from the QB either running or getting sacked. Someone help me out.

Yhe qb never had time to do much, UC was in the backfield as quick as he got the ball snapped to him!

Mostly what you hear these days are you have to be balanced, I say bull crap ! Condition the team to pound and be physical the whole game, the balanced attack creates a more passive approach to physical play,, I see it all the time ( kids look like there're pass blocking on run plays lol ) really ! No explosion off the ball, kids are not taught to maul that guy in front of ya anymore, well with the exception of a few teams,,, but the passive approach could possibly be due in part to today's society as a whole,,,I am in agreement tho when it come to an exceptionally special group with outstanding skill players that yes pass it some,,, but in the end a physically conditioned team will more than likely win the game, that's for all levels of FB,,,,,, condition your team to be physical and most likely you will win more FB games,,,, I'm a fan of UC's style, line em up and let's go at it for 4qtrs

Mostly what you hear these days are you have to be balanced, I say bull crap ! Condition the team to pound and be physical the whole game, the balanced attack creates a more passive approach to physical play,, I see it all the time ( kids look like there're pass blocking on run plays lol ) really ! No explosion off the ball, kids are not taught to maul that guy in front of ya anymore, well with the exception of a few teams,,, but the passive approach could possibly be due in part to today's society as a whole,,,I am in agreement tho when it come to an exceptionally special group with outstanding skill players that yes pass it some,,, but in the end a physically conditioned team will more than likely win the game, that's for all levels of FB,,,,,, condition your team to be physical and most likely you will win more FB games,,,, I'm a fan of UC's style, line em up and let's go at it for 4qtrs

Add in deception and its hard to beat. Henry got his yards this year but when they needed to tuck it in the end zone, it was QB with the ball. Same as last year, when Henry didn't pile up the yards. The QB got the yards and the scores.

Edited by bigb31072

Someone asked earlier how PHS would do against NCS next year. Having seen both of them play UC this year, I would give the edge to PHS. However, after last Friday's game, a friend of mine overheard Coach Bowling and Coach Brothers talking. Coach Bowling was telling Coach Brothers that he thought NCS, with almost all their players returning would be the team to beat next year. Coach Brothers responded, We don't see the same level of football in middle Tennessee that we saw tonight. You can take that as a statement that we won't be able to compete or you can take that as a statement that we're going to raise our level of play. It will be fun to see how this plays out. I think both teams will be in the mix. Not having seen WC this year, I don't know where they fit in. I also heard a rumor that the Winn kid, Dresden's soph qb who went to a private school this year, is moving back to Dresden. If this is true they may be a factor. As Ambassador said it may be the wild,wild west.

Someone asked earlier how PHS would do against NCS next year. Having seen both of them play UC this year, I would give the edge to PHS. However, after last Friday's game, a friend of mine overheard Coach Bowling and Coach Brothers talking. Coach Bowling was telling Coach Brothers that he thought NCS, with almost all their players returning would be the team to beat next year. Coach Brothers responded, We don't see the same level of football in middle Tennessee that we saw tonight. You can take that as a statement that we won't be able to compete or you can take that as a statement that we're going to raise our level of play. It will be fun to see how this plays out. I think both teams will be in the mix. Not having seen WC this year, I don't know where they fit in. I also heard a rumor that the Winn kid, Dresden's soph qb who went to a private school this year, is moving back to Dresden. If this is true they may be a factor. As Ambassador said it may be the wild,wild west.

I think WC will be tough for the next two or three years but then they're going to have some rebuilding to do. I have watched west tn teams play for years and I have watched the middle tn teams play, it's not a different level every year like this year. The level of competition changes from year to year in 1a and everybody has to rebuild unlike the larger schools. For four or five years you had what's being considered middle tn teams playing very strong football in Jo Byrns, Perry County and Wayne County before it shifted back west. I look forward to seeing these new districts in action. You could have a team with three or four losses in the west playing in Cookeville and winning gold, I think they're going to be that tough on each other, but whoever comes out of the west will be battle tested!

"Coach Brothers responded, We don't see the same level of football in middle Tennessee that we saw tonight."

This is what gets him beat every year by the eventual state champ.  He is not forced to put his best and toughest 11 on the field and run an efficient offense.  

+1 about making them beat your best.

UC is definitely the best team in 1A and probably 2A. With that said, we didn't make them defend much of anything last week. 

The defensive effort may not have looked like much but it was as good as UC had seen all year. UC's starters went the whole way. They ran 65 plays. 2 of the scoring drives started at the NCS 15. 

The only box score I could find that showed total plays was a game against Lake County. They scored 60 on less than 30 plays. Any team thats defense had to stay on the field for 65 plays and 34 or so minutes would have given up 70 points. The defense got the benefit of 0 turnovers and no meaningful penalties. 

Big games require best on best. I hope we give ourselves a better chance in future big games. 

+1 about making them beat your best.

UC is definitely the best team in 1A and probably 2A. With that said, we didn't make them defend much of anything last week. 

The defensive effort may not have looked like much but it was as good as UC had seen all year. UC's starters went the whole way. They ran 65 plays. 2 of the scoring drives started at the NCS 15. 

The only box score I could find that showed total plays was a game against Lake County. They scored 60 on less than 30 plays. Any team thats defense had to stay on the field for 65 plays and 34 or so minutes would have given up 70 points. The defense got the benefit of 0 turnovers and no meaningful penalties. 

Big games require best on best. I hope we give ourselves a better chance in future big games. 

the defense has not been NCS problem.  The problem is not using what you have offensively to maximize their strengths.  everything works during the season cause your talent is just superior.  It looked like you could have had a good power running game, you had 4 or 5 really good backs. A D-1 lineman, that by the way is legit and will play on saturdays, and they didnt seem to utilize their advantages