Hampton 2015

dogtruth

One last post on this topic. Great season by Hampton. They made it as far as they ever have. They have some good kids, a good coaching staff, and very supportive fans. I still believe the strength of schedule hurts them. They weren't prepared for Marion County, who had been battle tested, and it showed.

ðŸŽðŸ’©!

Difference was 2 fumbles in the red zone, Interception that gave um a short field, blocked punt  all in the 1st half.On the season we averaged less than 1 turnover a game. Injury to #7 and a very good Marion Co team. They were basically tested 3 times and all 3 were teams in their region. As far as the SOS goes ,we will never play teams up to others standards unless teams in our region or our nearby rivals test us to the limit. Its just that simple. But I'm glad someone is giving us a few compliments and trying to help us see the direction we must travel.

Those turnovers don't happen in the regular season because the teams you were playing weren't the caliber of Marion County. I don't think the whole schedule has to be overhauled. I understand you have to play the region games, but I would leave off some of those weak non-region games and even if you have to travel once or twice a year, try and upgrade that schedule. You have a program to be proud of. Never intended to sound like I was belittling Hampton, because I respect the job they do. I'm just an outsider adding my $.02 worth.

What ETNE is saying has merit.  During the post-season mental toughness is almost as important as physical.  I think being in tough regular season games where the outcome is uncertain even if the team comes out on the losing end are important.  I always hated being undefeated going in to the postseason. The fear of losing is greater and more mentally difficult for a team that hasn't experienced it than it is for one that has. Adversity builds strength and nothing builds mental toughness motivation to fight against the odds like near-death experiences in a game situation.  In the reguar season you get a re-do  after a loss and it creates a teachable moment, if it is handled correctly.  Alas many coaches don't and squander opportunities. 

Wrong! If what the expert says makes sense then how in the world did we beat Grace Christian or Austin East??

Amerigha, I easily see why you'd believe the Experts post was a good one...From same cut of cloth!

Expert has belittled over and over...We can easily copy and paste his past posts here if needed....Don't pee down my back and claim it's raining...I've been around awhile

Wrong! If what the expert says makes sense then how in the world did we beat Grace Christian or Austin East??

Amerigha, I easily see why you'd believe the Experts post was a good one...From same cut of cloth!

Expert has belittled over and over...We can easily copy and paste his past posts here if needed....Don't pee down my back and claim it's raining...I've been around awhile

The heat gives it away.lol

What ETNE is saying has merit.  During the post-season mental toughness is almost as important as physical.  I think being in tough regular season games where the outcome is uncertain even if the team comes out on the losing end are important.  I always hated being undefeated going in to the postseason. The fear of losing is greater and more mentally difficult for a team that hasn't experienced it than it is for one that has. Adversity builds strength and nothing builds mental toughness motivation to fight against the odds like near-death experiences in a game situation.  In the reguar season you get a re-do  after a loss and it creates a teachable moment, if it is handled correctly.  Alas many coaches don't and squander opportunities. 

Don't have a problem with what you say, its not a stab, I think our region will be tougher next season. We'll have a hard time going undefeated. Austin East is gonna be a Hand full for any team in our region. Wouldn't be surprised if you guys see um next season. On another note, I do think we will field another quality team next season, several soph's and Jr's started on this team.

Lol!

I'm done answering these nuts....Heck, they're doing the same to GB fans.

Everyone knows me....When they wanna come out, then I'll discuss

And it don't take a brain surgeon to see that Greenback is in an uphill fight. Take just one kid from NCS and put him on Greenback,s team .NUFF SAID