WILL DB ever be a legitimate STATE TITLE CONTENDER?

They have the facilities,fan support.band and community support.I know coach Clark has done a lot,But has his time come and gone.Does he need to step down and give someone else a chance.Bring in some new blood.Possibly go out of state for a head coach.one that ain't intimidated by schools and coaches that's been coaching in Tennessee.One that will bring a new mentality to the team.Someone hard nosed that has a no nonsense attitude.Don't get me wrong,Coach Clark is a good coach and great person.But I think it's time for change.Some if not a lot want agree and bring up the UT fulmer deal.But that's a chance you have to take,If not now,WHEN?..And I just don't see DB falling off that much,Being in NE TENN and the tri-cities,Other than the last 2yrs which will change this coming yr.DB will be top dog,DB did have a football team before Coach Clark and were pretty good.So it ain't like he turned a loser into a winner.And he's won a lot of games.And DB FANS and Alumni should be greatful to Coach Clark.And I'm not saying run the guy out of town.Maybe name the field after him to show how much KPT and DB respect him.And nothing against him,But sometimes COACHES don't know when to step aside.And that's not a bad thing.And I know he wants to win and he's a great role model for those kids and ever person he comes in contact with.But like some folks are saying,let him decide to leave.Sometimes and mostly 99% of the time can be bad.And for me,other than MARYVILLE,Teams don't win state titles every yr.And to me it ain't about winning state titles.But as I've noticed over the last few yrs,DB has beat all the teams they should beat,But hardly ever beats the ones they shouldn't.And there is where the problems are.Cause now,Some of the teams they should beat,There struggling.And not talking about SHILL,There 6A and it was just a matter of time before they got to where they should be.But to a fan like me,You have to knock off some teams you ain't suppost too.And even if you don't,Just be competitive.A beside from the Maryville game a few yrs ago.Maryville has made DB look ALITTLE out of place.And I know some are going to say Maryville makes everyone look out if place.But why?..Is BLOUNT CO have that much more better kids than Sullivan CO?..But want to get some thoughts on this.And please nobody with.I want him gone cause we ain't won a GOLD BALL,Cause a Title doesn't make you a great coach.But seeing who's ready for a change.And just interested to see who would some of you want to take over the program,And I'm sure they'll be a few jerks with some remarks and coaches names.But for the people interested let's see what kind of list we can get.IN STATE or OUT OF STATE COACHES....Put there full name if you know it,School there at now or if not coaching where did they coach last and there WIN - LOSS record and there age if known.No that any of this matters,But you don't want a 65yr old coach starting out,knowing he want be around long,Or would you want a 19yr old coach with no experience.

They have the facilities,fan support.band and community support.I know coach Clark has done a lot,But has his time come and gone.Does he need to step down and give someone else a chance.Bring in some new blood.Possibly go out of state for a head coach.one that ain't intimidated by schools and coaches that's been coaching in Tennessee.One that will bring a new mentality to the team.Someone hard nosed that has a no nonsense attitude.Don't get me wrong,Coach Clark is a good coach and great person.But I think it's time for change.Some if not a lot want agree and bring up the UT fulmer deal.But that's a chance you have to take,If not now,WHEN?..And I just don't see DB falling off that much,Being in NE TENN and the tri-cities,Other than the last 2yrs which will change this coming yr.DB will be top dog,DB did have a football team before Coach Clark and were pretty good.So it ain't like he turned a loser into a winner.And he's won a lot of games.And DB FANS and Alumni should be greatful to Coach Clark.And I'm not saying run the guy out of town.Maybe name the field after him to show how much KPT and DB respect him.And nothing against him,But sometimes COACHES don't know when to step aside.And that's not a bad thing.And I know he wants to win and he's a great role model for those kids and ever person he comes in contact with.But like some folks are saying,let him decide to leave.Sometimes and mostly 99% of the time can be bad.And for me,other than MARYVILLE,Teams don't win state titles every yr.And to me it ain't about winning state titles.But as I've noticed over the last few yrs,DB has beat all the teams they should beat,But hardly ever beats the ones they shouldn't.And there is where the problems are.Cause now,Some of the teams they should beat,There struggling.And not talking about SHILL,There 6A and it was just a matter of time before they got to where they should be.But to a fan like me,You have to knock off some teams you ain't suppost too.And even if you don't,Just be competitive.A beside from the Maryville game a few yrs ago.Maryville has made DB look ALITTLE out of place.And I know some are going to say Maryville makes everyone look out if place.But why?..Is BLOUNT CO have that much more better kids than Sullivan CO?..But want to get some thoughts on this.And please nobody with.I want him gone cause we ain't won a GOLD BALL,Cause a Title doesn't make you a great coach.But seeing who's ready for a change.And just interested to see who would some of you want to take over the program,And I'm sure they'll be a few jerks with some remarks and coaches names.But for the people interested let's see what kind of list we can get.IN STATE or OUT OF STATE COACHES....Put there full name if you know it,School there at now or if not coaching where did they coach last and there WIN - LOSS record and there age if known.No that any of this matters,But you don't want a 65yr old coach starting out,knowing he want be around long,Or would you want a 19yr old coach with no experience.

Not to step on anyones toes but I think the db coach is a good man and coach but times have changed and the game has changed - with the support they get from the surrounding community and I know what they get from local stores to support there program - they need a man that is up to date with the rest of hs football it looks like that they have went backwards in years with one of the biggest schools in the state of Tennessee  you have more raw talent to choose from. hands down you cant tell me with this many to choose from that you should not be in the top 5 every year contending for a state title - SORRY BUT WINNING BREEDS WINNING - Just look at Maryville -- Alcoa -- Fulton--Knox Webb ---.........just my 2 cents !

Not to step on anyones toes but I think the db coach is a good man and coach but times have changed and the game has changed - with the support they get from the surrounding community and I know what they get from local stores to support there program - they need a man that is up to date with the rest of hs football it looks like that they have went backwards in years with one of the biggest schools in the state of Tennessee you have more raw talent to choose from. hands down you cant tell me with this many to choose from that you should not be in the top 5 every year contending for a state title - SORRY BUT WINNING BREEDS WINNING - Just look at Maryville -- Alcoa -- Fulton--Knox Webb ---.........just my 2 cents !

I agree,As a person you want meet a caring and honest man.But like you said,I think we need new blood and a new attitude!!!

A new coach could make it "if he is chosen right/slow" . A team like DB , Moultrie GA For years were a one / two play off game looser every year , they just could not get past the big dogs. They finally got rid of their long standing coach and went out of state and got a great coach - thats been 4 years and in them 4 years 2 titles !!! Someone who lives there told me that the coach came in and changed the old way to new - played players over politics and worked on discipline !

The biggest problem at DB is politics and discipline ,this has been bad with Clark at the helm And it needs to be changed and a great coach can change this ,yeah people can say its at every school(Politics) but i bet it aient at Maryville !!

Edited by kingindian33

you probably right about the talent of kids from county to county but.......... as a murvil grad and current outta state middle school coach its about the coaching and expectations that the kids get when their 7,8,9,10,11,12 years old. you got guys that have been coaching for decades et half centuries within the pee wees et midgets in murvil.  don't have a dog in da fight but................personally, i question your class et ethics as far as coach g is concerned.  calling for his job on this medium is classless-just sayin!! 

• Upvote 1

Seems the biggest area of improvement would be supporting fans who do not speak of the coaches in this manner publicly. Kids here and see everything and when they do not buy in, your team has already lost. Are you a good hard-working man who is a role model, honest and cares about those around you? Maybe you too should step down. I don't know the entire situation, just what was stated here but, I just wanted to leave with this thought for some.

Edited by TheRealTruth

Look COACHSPANKY & THEREALTRUTH,I'm not the first and sure want be the last to talk about replacing a coach on here.And as far as y'all two not liking what I wrote about it,I can careless.DON'T READ IT,KEEP SCROLLING!!!..ðŸ‘....Read some of these other post and say something about some of these folks CUSSING and calling other folks GAY!!!..I'm pretty sure y'all probably some of the folks that is doing it.But you wouldn't MAN UP and admit it,Cause I'm also pretty sure you both are LIERS!!!..But anyway,Just like UT,Florida,Nebraska and other HIGH SCHOOL,COLLEGE and PRO fans ex-players and alumni, we get frustrated and a lot of them like myself would like to be as PERFECT as you two think y'all are.But we express our thoughts on this high school forum on the internet.LOL,You both are JOKES to me and I want waste my time replying to y'all anymore like I should have done with this reply.But thought I'd address this one time and one time only.But as I stated earlier in my post IF Y'ALL DONT LIKE MY POST,KEEP SCROLLING..I'll end with this,it's alitte saying I got and it's perfect for you two,WHAT UPSETS Y'ALL MORE??..CAUSE I STARTED THIS POST AND WROTE WHAT I WROTE,OR BECAUSE NEITHER ONE OF YOU CAN DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT??...😄😉..COACHSPANKY & THEREALTRUTH!!!...LOL,YOU TWO ARE FUNNY!!..😄

Edited by NORTHCAROLINAmanforDB

If you go back through the topics on CoachT, you will find these same posts and posters, on this date, since the beginning of time. Almost word for word. Why do DB fans seem to think The Gold Ball is theirs, but for some strange reason they give it to someone else every year? Unless the TSSAA folds up and Champions are once again voted on, DB should, for the sake of their mental health:

1. Dissolve the football program.

2. Sell the stadium to Funfest for year round Fun.

3. Invest proceeds in Basic Reading, Writing and Grammar.

If you go back through the topics on CoachT, you will find these same posts and posters, on this date, since the beginning of time. Almost word for word. Why do DB fans seem to think The Gold Ball is theirs, but for some strange reason they give it to someone else every year? Unless the TSSAA folds up and Champions are once again voted on, DB should, for the sake of their mental health:

1. Dissolve the football program.

2. Sell the stadium to Funfest for year round Fun.

3. Invest proceeds in Basic Reading, Writing and Grammar.

Shouldn't you be marching in a protest somewhere?