WILL DB ever be a legitimate STATE TITLE CONTENDER?

wow... what a mess above !! I am just happy that we have a chance for the defensive side of football at DB to correct/improve on some things and get better !! Graham has done one thing that so many wanted an improvement upon and it just shows how important football is to him these kids and Kingsport ! I am one of those that has been wanting Graham axed, but this year i seen alot of the old Graham come out , just as an ex.: S.county game , but for the most part i have seen the defense struggle in every game and i feel like the great coach that Graham is is finally seeing what needs fixed, grew some balls and is currently fixing what DB needs to fix .. Graham knows the talent in the classes coming up and he wants to fix the bad quick, So we can compete in this new conference .

Edited by kingindian33

wow... what a mess above !! I am just happy that we have a chance for the defensive side of football at DB to correct/improve on some things and get better !! Graham has done one thing that so many wanted an improvement upon and it just shows how important football is to him these kids and Kingsport ! I am one of those that has been wanting Graham axed, but this year i seen alot of the old Graham come out , just as an ex.: S.county game , but for the most part i have seen the defense struggle in every game and i feel like the great coach that Graham is is finally seeing what needs fixed, grew some balls and is currently fixing what DB needs to fix .. Graham knows the talent in the classes coming up and he wants to fix the bad quick, So we can compete in this new conference .

yep hope it works out for you, there are no more ho-hum yawn/yawn waltzes through games against Central, Boone, Volunteer, etc. in this new league.        Things don't get easier for Boone either, its true we drop DB and SH but we have to now play both MoTowns and Sevier County, yikes!!

yep hope it works out for you, there are no more ho-hum yawn/yawn waltzes through games against Central, Boone, Volunteer, etc. in this new league.        Things don't get easier for Boone either, its true we drop DB and SH but we have to now play both MoTowns and Sevier County, yikes!!

Blazer, I'm not sure if you're aware yet, but Daniel Boone WILL play Science Hill next year.  Stacy Carter confirmed this on the Science Hill Coaches Show after the loss to Maryville.  You can find the episode on youtube if you need further verification.

Edited by THSVikings2004

Blazer, I'm not sure if you're aware yet, but Daniel Boone WILL play Science Hill next year. Stacy Carter confirmed this on the Science Hill Coaches Show after the loss to Maryville. You can find the episode on youtube if you need further verification.

With close to1400 students there is no reason for Boone to not be playing D-B and the Hill. Edited by RebRaider85

With close to1400 students there is no reason for Boone to not be playing D-B and the Hill.

Kind of agree, but if they don't improve next year, they'll probably have a rough go of it.

In no particular order they play:

Elizabethton

South

Science Hill

Tennessee High

Cherokee

David Crockett

Cocke Co.

Morristown East

Mo' West

Sevier County

Guys - I had no idea Boone had to play the Hill next year, thought with the re-alignment that we would drop them.       and the reason I don't particularly like playing DB and the Hill, it's because we get beat like a rented mule and that's just no fun for anybody.

Back to the topic of this thread, hey DB don't feel too bad about not being a state title contender, I don't see any other tri-cities teams knocking on Cookeville's door either

I wouldn't mind seeing INGLE MARTIN walking the DB sideline as head coach.He impressed me with his game plan SHUTTING DOWN ALCOA like his team did.And he's a young guy,so he has alot of yrs ahead of him.And seems to know the game very well..

Ingle Martin is not in the club. You have to be in the club.

I wouldn't mind seeing INGLE MARTIN walking the DB sideline as head coach.He impressed me with his game plan SHUTTING DOWN ALCOA like his team did.And he's a young guy,so he has alot of yrs ahead of him.And seems to know the game very well..

Good young man that can coach. He may not leave Nashville unless he gets into the college ranks...he was a good qb and could kick very well