WILL DB ever be a legitimate STATE TITLE CONTENDER?

You haven't been a DB fan long enough. The crap already flowed to the bottom a few years ago. His time should be up but it never will be. Find something else to do on Friday nights. After 15 years of cheering, I'm over it.

Now get ready to get bashed for not being a "true DB fan". You can't break up the "good ole' boy network" here in Kingsport.

• 6 months later...

This thread died back in January, so with the advent of spring and summer practices does the outlook seem any different?      Yes, we all know that as long as Maryville is Maryville this is all a moot point, but perhaps some hardcore DB fans have seen something in the last 6 months that makes you think the tide is turning in DB's favor.      Or is there just too much unknown because of the new conference structure?

Digging up old threads from last year. Surely with a new season just around the corner you could come up with a new topic? But while we're here. We're headed into the unknown. Common sense, on paper and past history would tell us that the new conference will help DB be better prepared for the playoffs. When DB played in the Big East conference where there was better coaching and talent they fielded their best teams. When the TSSAA changed up the conferences you saw DB take a pretty good slide backwards. We will see if putting DB back in a more competitive conference brings them back up like before. The Maryville problem is not just a problem for DB. All other 6A teams across the state have the same problem.

Maryville had it's hands full in the final two games last year.It would still take a much better team then any of us on this side of the state ( other then the Rebs ) has had in a long time to finish the deal.Maryville is huge but there are plenty of other big dogs in the 6A fight.

Any news on QB and who will be the starter ? I figured Maupin ,but who is backup ? Anyone know times of practices ? I have been out of loop for awhile

Maupin is the man.4:00.I laughed today  when I seen what I had predicted weeks ago.Not because it was funny but because it was so dam stupid and exactly how I said it would go for a COUPLE of reasons .I wish my kids were a lot more like "me" sometimes,but they have to much class for that.

Maupin is the man.4:00.I laughed today  when I seen what I had predicted weeks ago.Not because it was funny but because it was so dam stupid and exactly how I said it would go for a COUPLE of reasons .I wish my kids were a lot more like "me" sometimes,but they have to much class for that.

Well thanks a lot for leaving us hanging by a thread????????

Just like the batman shows I watched as a kid, sometimes you have to wait until next week to see how it ends.Nomatter how you want the show to end,there isn't a lot you can do about the outcome but sit and watch.

You and your brother have got something going on right now with dropping hints and leaving people wondering what is really going on!!! A couple weeks ago BVD made some comments about Greeneville having some coaching changes but then wouldn't tell what the changes were. Might have to start calling you "The Riddler" instead of The Dark Knight! :)