Dobyns Bennett Football for Dobyns Bennett fans

BatmanDB

I happen to run the complaint department at Maryville in case you don't know. this is the first I've heard that there wasn't enough room on the visitors side. Please remember those were built before the explosion of fast food restaurants all over the landscape of America and everyone and their brother gained sixty pounds.

Just no knee room even with skinny teenagers sitting in front of me... I do have to admit that I'm +++ size in both length and width though...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If eastman picks back up like they were in 80s 90s , DB will pick up alot of good players from out of state ;) and with that new huge office their building this may happen !!

I don't know what I'd do if I had a kid in that mess.It's a hard decision to leave or stay.If you go to a school like South ,SH or DB,it just depends on what they have on the team as to how your kid does.I heard we got a stud skill player from out of state and I'm sure they will find him a spot for his senior season.

Edited by kingindian33

I was just talking about the new schedule with another fan today and thought,MAN ! What a big change next year will be.I love some of those matchups and know it will be a monster . Every year will be loaded throughout  with great teams and nomatter what ,we will see a great first round team as well come playoff time.I like the fact Maryville will be in the conference . Maryville is Tennessee football at it's best and what a team to have on the schedule every year.Bringing in some old rivals  like Oak Ridge and Sevierville just makes it that much better.

I was just talking about the new schedule with another fan today and thought,MAN ! What a big change next year will be.I love some of those matchups and know it will be a monster . Every year will be loaded throughout with great teams and nomatter what ,we will see a great first round team as well come playoff time.I like the fact Maryville will be in the conference . Maryville is Tennessee football at it's best and what a team to have on the schedule every year.Bringing in some old rivals like Oak Ridge and Sevierville just makes it that much better.

Better regular season - YES. Better first round games? - Only if D-B has less than stellar regular season records. The new Upward 32 is going to have many teams in the first round of the playoffs with records from 0-10 to 3-7. There is no way out of having that situation. I'd hope that the coaches with records like that will have the nads to say that they don't deserve it and boycott the playoff game. Maybe something like that will force the TSSAA to adjust things. Everyone should not make the playoffs.

I'm not saying it will be perfect but what I like about it is that no team has to build a record on pie games to make the playoffs and you can see some great teams all year.I like it a lot better then the last setup.The best example around here was a year or two ago when crockett made the playoffs and Boone didn't even though Boone had a much better team and beat Crockett in their game.Boone had lost to some good teams , while Crockett won a few easy games to pad their record.This way, your team may lose to five or six of the better teams in the state and yes play a great team in the first round.I don't like to lose, but I get nothing out of a win over a team that can't line up and snap the ball either.In the new setup, even Maryville will face a pretty tough team in the second round.If your team gets hot at playoff time, it doesn't matter if you take on a great first round team or not because you have to stay hot for another month and play the very best teams however you start the playoffs. I could see a program like Maryville wanting to go way back and just have three classes and less playoff games to boot, if you wanted to get right to the point of the best teams.Shoot, go back to 1938 when there was one class and Elizabethton won the only playoffs held before the 1960's and they were the True TN state football champs.So, I don't have a problem with this upward setup compared to what it could be.

Edited by BatmanDB