Region 6 5A: 2015 (9AAA & 12 AAA)

TheRealTruth

I heard the Wave ended up 14-7 in their favor against a good WC team. Beech ended up winning over Smyrna 17-14 in the varsity section. Summer County teams looking good.[/quote

Varsity WC 14 Gallatin 7 JV WC 14 Gallatin 14 WC added a field goal varsity. Scrimmages are very hard to judge since coaches protect their main players so much. It's hard to tell when the coaches have pulled the main players so I imagine they both are going to claim they won. Bottom line they both had issues on defense WC needs to fix our inside run defense and Gallatin gave up big yards outside.

I had the Gallatin WC scrimmage at WC 17-14 for the 1's. Gallatin backups 14-7 for an overall score of 28-24 Gallatin. Gallatin Freshmen 2 scores to 0. Lots of film put out there tonight. Both teams with positives and some coachable moments. Looking forward to Gallatin hosting Cookeville for the first look game Friday night.

Edited by wave88

Beech started off very slowly against Smyrna falling behind 14-0. Finally scored on a nice run by Haffner and took advantage of a Bulldog turnover to score to tie it up. Kicked a 27 yd Field goal as time expired to "win". VanZant with a few nice runs. Napper didn't play, still nursing an ankle. Playing as many as 4 Sophs on D.

I had the Gallatin WC scrimmage at WC 17-14 for the 1's. Gallatin backups 14-7 for an overall score of 28-24 Gallatin. Gallatin Freshmen 2 scores to 0. Lots of film put out there tonight. Both teams with positives and some coachable moments. Looking forward to Gallatin hosting Cookeville for the first look game Friday night.

I wouldn't argue with that score since I sort of lost interest as soon as my son came out with an injured toe. I was going off what a coach said and we know a coach would never make up a score...lol

I heard the Wave ended up 14-7 in their favor against a good WC team. Beech ended up winning over Smyrna 17-14 in the varsity section. Summer County teams looking good.[/quote

Varsity WC 14 Gallatin 7 JV WC 14 Gallatin 14 WC added a field goal varsity. Scrimmages are very hard to judge since coaches protect their main players so much. It's hard to tell when the coaches have pulled the main players so I imagine they both are going to claim they won. Bottom line they both had issues on defense WC needs to fix our inside run defense and Gallatin gave up big yards outside.

I had it 17-14 WC with the 1's as well but that is subjective due to so many substitutions going on. Both teams left points due to being in the red zone and not scoring. I was impressed that the freshmen did so well. And the JV played hard too. It was a good scrimmage.

Well... 2014 season is complete and much change is ahead. Hillsboro is fresh off a state title appearance in 5A and Hendersonville an appearance just one year ago in 6A and one in 5A in 2013. Beech has has a couple recent championships in 5A as well in 2009 and 2012. We should see some tough competition and top notch players. Let's see how 2015 looks... 

Beech

2014 Record 6-6

Enrollment: 1275

Outlook/Key Players: Returns QB Ian Hefner and a trio of RBs Auston Van Zant, Alex Van Zant and Rodrick Nappier who may be the best player returning in Region 6 5A.

Cane Ridge

2014 Record 5-6

Enrollment: 1660

Outlook/Key Players: Many athletes at multiple postions. Need metro posters here.

Gallatin

2014 Record 7-4

Enrollment: 1495

Outlook/Key Players: Loses QB Julian Meador and WR Dedarius Redding to graduation but returns many skill positions including UT commit Dorian Banks, Jordan Mason and Dezmond Chambers. DL will be solid but much youth/limited experience on OL.

Glencliff

2014 Record 1-9

Enrollment: 1433

Outlook/Key Players: Need metro posters here.

Hendersonville

2014 Record: 10-2

Enrollment: 1510

Outlook/Key Players: Loses QB Jeremias Elston, RB Cameron Turner and DB Braden Schwerdt to graduation but returns RB Terrell Carter and RB/DB Jack Towe. Many returning players to fill spots from a team with depth this past year.

Hillsboro

2014 Record: 14-1

Enrollment: 1188

Outlook/Key Players: Loses QB Michael Hughes, RB/WR Vincent Perry, DE Kyle Phillps and MLB Jonathan Young to graduation. Many key positions to fill will some returning lineman and young/limited experience skill players.

Hunters Lane

2014 Record: 3-7

Enrollment: 1640

Outlook/Key Players: Need metro posters here.

Station Camp

2014 Record: 5-6

Enrollment: 1537

Outlook/Key Players: Loses QB Kyle Anderton, RB/LB Tra Malone, RB Josh Gilley and WR Jace Alford to graduation and much youth needed to step up including WR/RB Marcus Duvault and RB Sirtavious Perry. DT Peyton Anderton may be best returning lineman in Region 6.

Early Prediction:

1. Beech

2. Hendersonville

3. Gallatin

4. Hillsboro

5. Station Camp

6. Cane Ridge

7. Hunters Lane

8. Glencliff

I believe 1-3 can be easily switched and 4-6 can be flipped as well. 

Thoughts, opinions and more in depth per team analysis needed especially metro schools.

HENDERSONVILLE STILL BEST TEAM IN THIS REGION 

HENDERSONVILLE STILL THE BEST TEAM IN THIS REGION

Appreciate your enthusiasm Hcommando but we have a ways to go before are at a high enough level to defeat the others at the top. All 3 of the others at the top have played very well in the preseason against good competition. The total focus needs to be there every day in practice. Mcgavock surprised everyone with a tie in their scrimmage with Riverdale last week and have a lot of players back from their playoff team last year so the opening game just got tougher.