Region 6 5A: 2015 (9AAA & 12 AAA)

TheRealTruth

Cane Ridge keeps athletes and will contend for a playoff spot.  They are going to shock some of the Sumner co schools.  Their freshman squad crushed everyone in Metro, including Pearl-Cohn.  I would not be shocked if they were competing for the region championship along with Hillsboro.  Glencliff and Hunters Lane are obviously very bad, and will not any better anytime soon.

Cane Ridge keeps athletes and will contend for a playoff spot. They are going to shock some of the Sumner co schools. Their freshman squad crushed everyone in Metro, including Pearl-Cohn. I would not be shocked if they were competing for the region championship along with Hillsboro. Glencliff and Hunters Lane are obviously very bad, and will not any better anytime soon.

Good to hear, I saw this coming. Many are not expecting it to "translate" onto the field. However I see CR coming out and competing with the best teams in the district.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

• 3 weeks later...

So in Mount Juliet's back to back semi final years they should not have had the most selections? (they did) The reason that Mount Juliet won big those 2 years is because they had the best players and a very good coaching staff. They did not have the best players this year and last year. I am sure good kids that played hard just not a lot of talent and therefore not a lot of all district selections.

So in Mount Juliet's back to back semi final years they should not have had the most selections? (they did) The reason that Mount Juliet won big those 2 years is because they had the best players and a very good coaching staff. They did not have the best players this year and last year. I am sure good kids that played hard just not a lot of talent and therefore not a lot of all district selections.

No; what I am saying is that the best players should be selected regardless of their record or team. If the team that wins the district has the best 11 on offense or defense then they should be selected; not just a certain amount of players from each school. Or if a team had the worst record in the district , but had 4 of the best players ; they should be selected; not punished because their team did not do well.

Just take the best players that would make a team... best 5 O lineman , tight end, 2-3 receivers, QB, and two running backs for the offense and so on. Same for the defense and kickers.

Edited by BKisler

I'm not saying  MJ should have had  more picked. I am talking about all the players in the district. Why should a team have to have any picked if they are not the best in the district. If the system states that each team must have at least one " All District " player; that deprives young men that are deserving of that award.

This should not be participation award for each school and it is not an award for the best players on each team. It is about the top players in the district for which ever team they are on. Ignore the teams. It is simple. If all these young men were on one team; who would be the starters by position on offense and defense including kickers based on their play during the season. This should be the true All District team.

Edited by BKisler

• 2 weeks later...

Mason was the go to guy anyway. When he was healthy he played at the runningback slot while Banks filled in and played some at wideout. He definitely had speed after the initial 10 yards. Banks just wasn't very big which limited him getting the tough yards. He played big for Gallatin this past year because of the injuries. He came in over hyped in my opinion and never lived up to what the fans thought he should be doing but he had a solid year none the less. He would have helped the Wave this year especially if he had gained some muscle and size. I wish him luck in the future. Hopefully he can realize his dreams of playing ball. Too early to tell who if anyone can step in his place but I know there are several who are going to try.